Quantcast
Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title - Page 16 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Baltar

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Just now, an tha said:

Of course it is

Right. Still going ahead with massive public gatherings like football matches whilst every other country has decided to stop them is good news. Some people are living on a different planet right now. Ignorance really is bliss. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Right. Still going ahead with massive public gatherings like football matches whilst every other country has decided to stop them is good news. Some people are living on a different planet right now. Ignorance really is bliss. 

Really? I bet the murder rate in NYC is higher than this virus yet the Mayor has just declared a state of emergency. If you dont want to go to sporting events, stay away. Im happy to still turn up at Anfield if the games on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Really? I bet the murder rate in NYC is higher than this virus yet the Mayor has just declared a state of emergency. If you dont want to go to sporting events, stay away. Im happy to still turn up at Anfield if the games on.

Wow, how brave. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Behave.

The risks are minimal - more risk going about you daily life at work, on buses, trains, in the ale house etc.

The government and their advisers are not suggesting everything needs to stop right now so carry on.

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

No, freedom of choice.

Many Italians expressed their freedom of choice a couple weeks ago. That went well. Like I said, some people are in dreamland. 

Just now, Red House said:

It's getting suspended in the morning.

They still better give us that freaking title whichever way this plays out.

We'll see. I suspect if the games can’t be played that it will be left blank. Definitely renders all football pointless going forward if that’s the case though - you just won't know if you’re investing time and money in something that can be wiped out on a whim, and that’s not something I’m fussed to indulge in.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Many Italians expressed their freedom of choice a couple weeks ago. That went well. Like I said, some people are in dreamland. 

Except they didnt express their freedom. They were put in lock down and it didnt stop one incidence of the virus. Like I said, the murder rate in NYC is likely higher than the virus yet the city isnt in lock down due to that.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, whim. Like World Wars and pandemics.

The voiding of what came before would be the whim, not the suspension or cancellation.

There are many reasonable ways to conclude this season, but expunging it from existence is not one.

Yeah PL emergency meeting in the morning - nailed on suspension of league and it is hard to see how it will start up any time soom either.

Gutting

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

The voiding of what came before would be the whim, not the suspension or cancellation.

It is a question of what is in progress - in terms of the season nothing has come before.

One things for sure, if several Premier League players and a manager have contracted it, there are probably millions nationwide carrying the virus. 500-odd diagnosed and the suggestion that 5-10,000 might be infected is a preposterously naive estimate.

• Upvote 1