You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

1 hour ago, chrisbonnie said:

Our Taoiseach (prime minister) here in Ireland said it in good address to the nation. 

And I quote 

"we are reopening Ireland for one thing and one thing only, so Liverpool football club can finally win the league after a 30 year wait. Null and voiders can suck my hairy balls" 

Leo definitely doesn't have hairy balls...

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The entirety of sport and business across the world was restarted with great risk to human life just because Liverpool wanted to win the league. What immense power and influence this club has, I can see it now in Germany "everything is irrelevant we must restart so Liverpool football club can win the league" I imagine it was the same for all world leaders especially with pressure from the football league's who exist specifically as a vehicle to promote LFC.

Bill Shankly, nearly 50 years ago:

“My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Had Napoleon had that idea he would have conquered the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in.”

He was right. They really have no other option than to submit. Wipe your tears babies!

5 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

I'm always wary of the angles tabloids use for those photos to whip a bit of rage. 

It’s Bournemouth so I’m sufficiently enraged. If it happens at Anfield after we win the title I will forensically be pointing out the social distancing. 

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Why was Kenny wearing a mask today? He's had the virus (symptomless) and recovered from it. He can't catch it or give it to anyone else. Strange one.

That’s assumed but not known. Certainly on the ability to be a vector of transmission.

13 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Why was Kenny wearing a mask today? He's had the virus (symptomless) and recovered from it. He can't catch it or give it to anyone else. Strange one.

Showing his marketing chops, with one eye on the Nivea contract.

Guest Pistonbroke
14 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Regardless of whether you've had it or not you still have to wear a mask where it's required. 

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Have a look here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8454039/Forecasters-warn-sunburn-danger-sun-strength-hits-maximum-temperatures-soar-90F.html

Virus? What virus?

These are pictures from the beaches at Bournemouth, Brighton and Margate:

2A074C98-71C9-47B1-86BF-C24647A6862A.jpeg

85675A37-DEC4-435A-9CCB-88229E374E92.jpeg

2C9B1CE6-65A6-459F-8262-480AE7687C78.jpeg

B7B54DE1-28F8-4143-A9E5-710A50E1F111.jpeg

If there is a country with more cunts per head than this one then I don't know where it is...

Im like a kid waiting for Christmas now, I really, really cannot wait. Whether it is tonight, next Thursday or even later against Villa.

Ive seen us win many league titles. I remember back in the early 80s a union rep from Birmingham came to our workplace. We got chatting and he said the expectation at Birmingham City was to just get promotion to the then Division One and stay there. He asked me what the level of expectation was at Liverpool. And I said to win the title first and fore most.

At the time, united were about 14 years into their title drought, I never considered Liverpool would go 5 years without a title at that time which was ok up to 1990! I never thought we'd go 30 years. Looking back, some of the 'near misses' weren't really. 2009 was, so to 2014 and last year.

I couldnt make the last game of the season last year so had to watch on tv. I actually got emotional when news of city losing at Brighton came through. I hoped Brighton would hold out but I knew they wouldnt. For a few brief minutes we were Champions but then it disappeared like snow in a heat wave.

My expectation was city would probably claim a 3rd consecutive title. When a team misses out on a title by 1 point they tend to go one of two ways. They either fall away the next season or kick on and go one better.

We kicked on and how! I think I might get emotional again tonight if we get the right result.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jennings said:

I knew we'd beat Palace. Easy three points, I said.

Where was i when you said this. I must have left the room just after you said we would not win. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheRedMachine said:

If there is a country with more cunts per head than this one then I don't know where it is...

The Spanish must be hoping that they have a summer without this mob. What a country eh...a lot of the same people who will be kicking off if 10 liverpool fans gather outside Anfield tonight talking about how we are a disgrace.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

@madeinliverpool

Anyone remember this Manc who thought the season was getting null and voided

https://mobile.twitter.com/madeinliverpool/status/1276480860158656515

What is it with mancs and dancing like that. Chimpanzee mouths walking backwards and forwards playing invisible tennis from one hand to the other. They're simian as fuck.

• Upvote 2