You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

36 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

That's fake. Someone just stuck new dates beside the old list.  We won't be playing City on a Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 for starters.

That and there are midweek fixtures the week after. We're playing Palace midweek. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Apparently it was 16:4 for the above vote.

Would like to know who the 4 were. Brighton will be one, the mewling quims. 

Brighton, Watford, West Ham & Villa. That's my guess.

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Apparently it was 16:4 for the above vote.

Would like to know who the 4 were. Brighton will be one, the mewling quims. 

It just doesnt make sense that 4 voted against. Maybe chelsea voted against because they wanted 9 subs!?

Yes, we know the top clubs have deeper squads, they always have and will. But if the 11 you put on the pitch are fucked after 65 - 70 minutes, you're going to suffer more, whether you have a weaker squad or not and have fewer subs to put on.

Besides, teams would only have 3 windows during the game to make the change so at least one substitution would involve 2 players off and 2 on. Last I heard, there was a bit of confusion if making a change at half time counted as one of the 3 windows or was in addition.

I think the 5 subs thing is unfair and wrong to bring in during a season.

The argument that of course the bigger clubs have deeper squads and always have and will have does not hold water.....this change means they can just flex their muscles even more and use 2 extra subs to change games even more than they could before.

When you have a bench full of game changers, being able to bring on 2 more of them than you could before is just magnifying and giving you an even bigger opportunity/options to make the advantage you already have with your deeper resources even more telling.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I’d like to see a ban on any subs after the 85 minute mark to stop subs made solely for time wasting. The only exception I would make would be if a goalkeeper was sent off, he could be replaced by the substitute ‘keeper.

Nah, just have a rush keeper.

• Upvote 1

They must be releasing some TV fixtures soon, it starts in just over 2 weeks!

I can only assume they haven’t announced times and dates etc because they need to finalise where our game with The Ev takes place, although 3pm at Woodison or 3pm at Wembley doesn’t really matter. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Aston Villa, Sheffield United, Bournemouth and West Ham are the clubs considered to have voted against the 5 subs.

Given Villa have a couple of key players coming back from long term injury, I’d assume it would have benefited them? 

52 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Guardian reporting Tyrone Mings is going to attend a BLM protest in Victoria Square, Birmingham later. But training is dangerous.

Needs his wages docked and kept away from the rest of the team. 

To think some of these cunts protesting would have clapped for the NHS and had the audacity to blame the goverments handling of the outbreak. 

I'm not sure extra subs disadvantages the smaller sides. Take Burnley with their small squad, if they're playing City and they bring on Sane then Burnley can bring on a fresh fullback. In the usual scenario Sane is coming on anyway but he is up against a bolloxed Phil Bardsley instead of a fresh fullback who can I can't think off. Most teams substitute a winger, a striker and either a midfielder or second winger or striker. That's been the case for 25 years, they will still do that but now the opportunity is there to add 2 more, I don't see the big deal and I also don't see it being used to capacity, Klopp certainly won't unless the game is won.