You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

58 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Talk of 20k being allowed to the FA Cup

Final. 

Italy and Spain talking about letting 20/25% of fans back in during July. 

If we get the trophy v Newcastle, they should allow 20k of our fans into Wembley. 

The funny thing is, you'll have people saying even restricted fan attendance shouldnt be allowed yet you have pictures of any beach in the UK being rammed with people due to this weather. And that's before you even get to a park etc.

There's so much conflicting advice from 'experts' all around the world now that you wonder whether 'social distancing' in every day life is or was in any way effective.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Off topic but any ideas when the new Nike kit is released?

Edit. Couldn't find the thread but can see someone else has..

Nike kit wont be released until the current season is completed. I think the PL has set something like 26 or 27 August as the final date for the season so expect Nike to release our new kit days after after the agreement between the club, NB and Nike.

31 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Another player from a relegation threatened team having a moan. These fuckers think they have some special privilege over other people who have gone back to work. 

I seriously hope Villa, West Ham and Watford all go down. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52866678

Does he not know clubs such as Third Lanark, Accrington Stanley and others went bankrupt before football became awash with money? Maybe he's not bothered if Villa go bankrupt? I mean as a commodity, sorry, player, he'd very likely find another club to sign him.

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Another player from a relegation threatened team having a moan. These fuckers think they have some special privilege over other people who have gone back to work. 

I seriously hope Villa, West Ham and Watford all go down. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52866678

Any 3 from them and Brighton. Hope Bournemouth and Norwich stay up. 

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Nike kit wont be released until the current season is completed. I think the PL has set something like 26 or 27 August as the final date for the season so expect Nike to release our new kit days after after the agreement between the club, NB and Nike.

I don't see why they can't release the kit as long as we don't wear it. Although it's more than possible the kit isn't ready depending where the kids are in China nike are getting to make it 

32 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't see why they can't release the kit as long as we don't wear it. Although it's more than possible the kit isn't ready depending where the kids are in China nike are getting to make it 

Because NB will probably be looking for a last minute shirt sales or just some legal agreement the parties came to regarding when Nike's deal actually now kicks in?

Remember when Chris Waddle wanted the season cancelling and no title awarded? I guess now that he realises that’s not going to happen his mind has finally flipped after looking at his weird tweet.

I wonder if this will happen to all individuals who were desperate for a certain team to not win a cup, will it result in a nationwide meltdown ? 

Why is the women's football season ended and the men's not there play in the same city's,i wonder nothing to do with the bugs bunny

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

Remember when Chris Waddle wanted the season cancelling and no title awarded? I guess now that he realises that’s not going to happen his mind has finally flipped after looking at his weird tweet.

I wonder if this will happen to all individuals who were desperate for a certain team to not win a cup, will it result in a nationwide meltdown ? 

Why is the women's football season ended and the men's not there play in the same city's,i wonder nothing to do with the bugs bunny

Fuck him the shit penalty taking Bros cunt 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Yeah, is he still backing this Saudi regime take over of the Toon? You know Chris, the one that sticks a bin bag over someone's head in an embassy, suffocates them, chops them up like a side of beef and then carries the body parts out in the same bin bag and refuses to tell the family where the body parts are?

Unlimited hypocrisy.

37 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Didier Deschamps said the same thing about women's football and men's football in Spain. Never confused most people in football for Mensa members but I'm impressed Deschamps and Waddle have made the connection that men's football is indeed more lucrative than women's football and there is therefore more incentive for the men to come back. Very smart guys. 

Good article from Rory Smith destroying the null and void non+argument 

@Rory Smith
Football only matters because fans believe it matters. And we only believe it matters if the games count for something. That covenant is what everything rests on, and the problem with voiding the season was always that it would have broken it for good.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/sports/soccer/rules-rescheduled-games-and-a-covenant-worth-preserving.html

• Upvote 1