You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

My oldest son was born 3 months after we last became champions. I’ve spent umpteen times with him talking about what it feels like to finish top and hopefully he’ll get to feel it himself this year. No amount of asterisks, Covid 19 quoting, integrity doubting hateful cunts are going to make a blind bit of difference to how he is going to react when the time finally comes and we will share a beer or three looking back at a truly awesome side’s league campaign. There’ll be no doubts, what ifs or maybes but simply joy at ending the 30 year wait. I lost someone very close to me due to this virus but the last thing that they would want is for me to not take time to enjoy the moment. I will, immensely, with my son.

• Upvote 8

Guest Pistonbroke

When we land the title and toxic fans from other clubs spout their well rehearsed bollocks we should just turn it back on them by dedicating the title to all those who lost their lives due to the virus.  

Lizzie Doyle from The Anfield Wrap gave a reasoned and reasonable interview to 5 Live this morning and its boiled some major social media piss because she pointed out all of the congregating in parks, etc.  

And as for those Brighton beauts...

To be honest what will stop this season finishing is this shit show of a Govt . You have all those pictures of packed parks and beaches and you realise the lockdown is almost in name gone and there's no way you're getting it back .

Bottom 6 still looking at ways to cheat out of relegation if PL has to be ended and decided by PPG. Sorry, behind a paywall so only part of the article.

The Premier League faces the most significant remaining challenge to Project Restart on Thursday, with relegation-threatened clubs expected to oppose the plan to implement a points-per-game calculation if the season is curtailed.

The bottom six clubs are unconvinced about the merits of relegation being decided on clubs’ average number of points per game should the Covid-19 pandemic force a second halt to games following the proposed restart date of June 17. On Saturday the Premier League returned no positive results for the first time, in the fourth round of testing, which examined 1,130 samples for coronavirus. 

Although there is no vote yet proposed for this Thursday on the question of curtailment, it is anticipated that the Premier League board will have to decide on an outcome by the time that the action resumes....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/30/premier-league-braced-battle-bottom-six-relegation/

I'm at the point of being unsure which one of the cunts I want to go down. 

Probably still vote Norwich to stay up as they've been pretty quiet compared to the others. 

Everton have a few to many points to get caught up sadly. 

Bournemouth can stay, they give us a shit load of money anf maybe we can get some more 

Villa can fuck off 

West Ham and the tory cunts in charge can fuck off

Both Brighton and Watford haven't shut up so one of them. 

Unless Newcastle could have a poor start and slip in. See how the prospective murdering cunts that want to buy them like that

Guest Alex_K
31 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I'm at the point of being unsure which one of the cunts I want to go down. 

Probably still vote Norwich to stay up as they've been pretty quiet compared to the others. 

Everton have a few to many points to get caught up sadly. 

Bournemouth can stay, they give us a shit load of money anf maybe we can get some more 

Villa can fuck off 

West Ham and the tory cunts in charge can fuck off

Both Brighton and Watford haven't shut up so one of them. 

Unless Newcastle could have a poor start and slip in. See how the prospective murdering cunts that want to buy them like that

Watford, Villa .. then West Ham/Brighton

West Ham's fans are largely inoffensive. They're a decent football club marred by Brady and her ilk. Brighton are a poor man's Watford .. that is to say that Murray is a poor man's Deeney. Annoying but not quite bridging that gap of offensive.

Villa are utterly smalltime and for that they should be punished. The kind of fans who relished more a Gerrard "Slippy G Birthday Party" than their own shot at success (turning up a quarter-empty stadium for their late-round UEFA Cup run under O'Neil .. their first shot at proper European Success since the 1980s)

Guest Edwyn C

Bournemouth i used to quite like until i googled Bournemouth and they are one of the most tory areas in England.

Watford are Tory fuck them. 

Norwich North Tory  and Norwich South Labour 

West Ham are Labour even though i hate the owners. Villa are Labour. 

So on balance i hope Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham go down. 

I'm not in any political party. Just in my experience the more right wing/tory areas of the country are less tolerant and more racist in general, so fuck them. 

Talk of 20k being allowed to the FA Cup

Final. 

Italy and Spain talking about letting 20/25% of fans back in during July. 

If we get the trophy v Newcastle, they should allow 20k of our fans into Wembley. 

18 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Talk of 20k being allowed to the FA Cup

Final. 

Italy and Spain talking about letting 20/25% of fans back in during July. 

If we get the trophy v Newcastle, they should allow 20k of our fans into Wembley. 

Jesus christ.