You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I obviously wanted us to win the league in 13/14, desperately so, but the upside is we don’t have his shark imposter face on a flag next to Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny & Rafa. 

I overlooked stuff when he was our coach, but he genuinely is just a greasy 2nd hand car salesman. 

He might still have been the man who broke the title drought, if City ever get docked points for that season.

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I think its insulting to think people will congregate outside grounds. There will be a few dickheads but I doubt it’ll be huge numbers. 

All it’d take from the club would be videos from Klopp & key players telling them to stay home and I bet the vast, vast majority would keep to it. 

With the huge number of fans we have, there’ll be more than a few I suspect Scott.

Knobheads will always let you down and we have our fair share, also, television could take a group of a hundred and make it look like thousands, they do it all the time with political rallies, so wherever it happens, and it will, you can expect S*y news to be all over it. Sadly.

Also, it wouldn’t be a surprise if a few non- LFC bodies turned up too.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

He might still have been the man who broke the title drought, if City ever get docked points for that season.

"City being docked those points was like flying to the moon, getting knocked off my orbit by a small asteroid, floating aimlessly in space for several years and then somehow, miraculously and deservedly, getting nudged back on course by a Russian satellite, and finally landing on the moon... placing a little flag triumphantly in its chalky surface."

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, skaro said:

"City being docked those points was like flying to the moon, getting knocked off my orbit by a small asteroid, floating aimlessly in space for several years and then somehow, miraculously and deservedly, getting nudged back on course by a Russian satellite, and finally landing on the moon... placing a little flag triumphantly in its chalky surface."

Per aspera ad astra, my good man.

9 hours ago, skaro said:

"City being docked those points was like flying to the moon, getting knocked off my orbit by a small asteroid, floating aimlessly in space for several years and then somehow, miraculously and deservedly, getting nudged back on course by a Russian satellite, and finally landing on the moon... placing a large self portrait triumphantly in its chalky surface."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That cunt ian herbert of the daily wail running his continuing crusade against Liverpool and the fans again, I see. Hes breaking an 'exclusive' that Merseyside Police have (his emphasis) raised concerns about fans turning up at Anfield.

Even though the concerns are just about 'health issues' he still has to make out that all police forces are as one and that Liverpool must be made to play on neutral grounds.

If the police have said they're ready to provide whatever policing necessary then why not put a ?200m radius cordon around the ground, with an officer every 50m or so?   Who'd go to take their picture with the ground barely in sight?  

Someone, I think it was Siddiq Khan said he'd be worried about fans turning up to greet the coach, but surely players will be going in their own cars?  Again, no reason to congregate.

99.5% I'm sure would rather be at home enjoying it with their family or a couple of mates than trying to get past a police cordon, or standing outside someone's house waving at every blacked out car window looking at the roof of Anfield - wouldn't they? 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Captain Milk said:

Saying Covid reminded him of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is the latest Most Brendan Comment Ever.

When I saw he'd commented, I opened the article already relishing another classic line.

Never lets you down.

I heard that on Sky this morning, really made me laugh! Has he climbed it then? 

• Upvote 2

I see the BBC’s Football Focus gave a platform to that bitter Spurs supporting bellend @Craig Mitch to spout off “no matter how Liverpool win the league it will still have an asterisk next to it”. Being honest I’d never heard of him till I saw that clip of him slagging off on Twitter (which he blocks whoever puts it on his timeline) the city and it’s people .

Have as great as Spurs fans were in Madrid most of them on Twitter come across as right pricks I guess they’ll never get over it....Brilliant isn’t it 

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkingsport4/status/1266643993527488512 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I see the BBC’s Football Focus gave a platform to that bitter Spurs supporting bellend @Craig Mitch to spout off “no matter how Liverpool win the league it will still have an asterisk next to it”. Being honest I’d never heard of him till I saw that clip of him slagging off on Twitter (which he blocks whoever puts it on his timeline) the city and it’s people .

Have as great as Spurs fans were in Madrid most of them on Twitter come across as right pricks I guess they’ll never get over it....Brilliant isn’t it 

12 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Basically what the shit head means is, because we (Spurs) cannot win it, Liverpool shouldnt get the accolade for winning it, either.

If the league is finished all games played the club should argue against any asterisk, the games have been played all had the same shot at 3 points a game. Not that an asterisk for a pandemic is something to cheapen the league because it isn't. It's a global crisis. The fact other fans think corona is great because it's a way to diminish Liverpool's achievement says more about them than it does Liverpool.

Asterisk or not if we win it I'll be the happiest football has ever made me. My dad died the week we won the champions league in 2005. I was heartbroken but I still loved it, it still meant the world. You take the moments when you can however you can, reality will always be there. Life is ups and downs, if your lucky you'll get more than your fair share of ups. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If the league is finished all games played the club should argue against any asterisk, the games have been played all had the same shot at 3 points a game. Not that an asterisk for a pandemic is something to cheapen the league because it isn't. It's a global crisis. The fact other fans think corona is great because it's a way to diminish Liverpool's achievement says more about them than it does Liverpool.

Asterisk or not if we win it I'll be the happiest football has ever made me. My dad died the week we won the champions league in 2005. I was heartbroken but I still loved it, it still meant the world. You take the moments when you can however you can, reality will always be there. Life is ups and downs, if your lucky you'll get more than your fair share of ups. 

I don't think there's an actual asterisk. If everyone plays the 38 games then that's it, the league has been fully and properly completed. There'll be no little start beside our name on the trophy or on the PL website.  It'll just be that unusual season that was extended by a few months that people talk about.

Fans of Utd, City and Everton will have chants about asteriks, but sure that's fine.  We just respond with a Champions chant, if we ever get back in stadiums again.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Take the asterisk off them and take it over. Piss them off. Official club merchandise with L*verpool emblazoned across the front. On social media and declaring your allegiance? As above or *FC on your bio. Use the fucking thing at every opportunity until they’re begging us to stop. Ram it down their throats.

• Upvote 3

Guest Alex_K
19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

. Official club merchandise with L*verpool emblazoned across the front

Would buy this on a shirt 

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Take the asterisk off them and take it over. Piss them off. Official club merchandise with L*verpool emblazoned across the front. On social media and declaring your allegiance? As above or *FC on your bio. Use the fucking thing at every opportunity until they’re begging us to stop. Ram it down their throats.

EZQLP0RXYAML5GT?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

I don't think there's an actual asterisk. If everyone plays the 38 games then that's it, the league has been fully and properly completed. There'll be no little start beside our name on the trophy or on the PL website.  It'll just be that unusual season that was extended by a few months that people talk about.

Fans of Utd, City and Everton will have chants about asteriks, but sure that's fine.  We just respond with a Champions chant, if we ever get back in stadiums again.

They'll say there's an asterisk because of empty stadia and potential loss if home advantage. Even though if they awarded everyone their average PPG for their remaining fixtures and we stayed on 29 games, we'd still win it by more points than city have on 3 of the 4 occasions the oil won it for them. 

Before this, it was #taintedtitle and #LiVARpool , cunts will be cunts. They just can't accept we're the finest team since football started in 1992. 

• Upvote 4