You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

1 hour ago, skaro said:

Potential title clincher against Bluenoses could be played at the old "Anfield South"... ESPN:

if Arsenal beat City in the first game back on June 17, Liverpool could clinch the title at the home of their Merseyside rivals, heightening pre-existing policing concerns around that fixture.

Sources have told ESPN that the government views Wembley as the ideal neutral venue to relocate matches.

Liverpool's games will continue to be flagged should they take longer to win the title upon resumption, meaning the current list of six games could be extended further. It may also include teams threatened with relegation depending on how the league progresses next month.

Sounds boss that. Pity we have to rely on Arsenal though. Would rather it be Sean Dyche's stubborn orcs than those shithouses.

I think its insulting to think people will congregate outside grounds. There will be a few dickheads but I doubt it’ll be huge numbers. 

All it’d take from the club would be videos from Klopp & key players telling them to stay home and I bet the vast, vast majority would keep to it. 

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I want it finished and is to get that trophy ASAP and it wouldn’t be a deal breaker but I think this is somewhat ridiculous.

Spurs v Arsenal can go ahead but Man Utd v Sheff Utd needs to go to a neutral venue. 

Citeh v Newcastle at a neutral venue? What’s the fucking point? There would barely be any Citeh fans there even if they could attend!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Assuming City played their remaining home games at the Etihad rather than a neutral venue, you can guarantee they'd still do that cringy shit where the players get off the coach, have their name announced by some bellend on a mic, and walk down a blue carpet into the stadium.

• Upvote 1

People are knobheads.  I’ve got no doubt there will be lots of people around Anfield for any game we can win the league.  Most of the cunts aren’t overly bothered about football they will just want to take photos for Instagram or some shit.  As has been said why would you not want to actually watch it properly on a telly when at best you will be watching a lagging stream on your phone just to stand outside an empty building.  Even knowing it would make a show of the club.  Klopp and the players could come out and make a strong statement in the build up to each game and it would still get ignored.

58 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Saying Covid reminded him of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro is the latest Most Brendan Comment Ever.

He’s such a burk. The Swiss Tony of football managers.

”Qualifying for the Champions League is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman...”.

4 minutes ago, TK421 said:

You've got to finish in the right slot.

I obviously wanted us to win the league in 13/14, desperately so, but the upside is we don’t have his shark imposter face on a flag next to Shanks, Paisley, Fagan, Kenny & Rafa. 

I overlooked stuff when he was our coach, but he genuinely is just a greasy 2nd hand car salesman. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3