You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I think there’ll be some “funny” results at the start due to the weirdness of it all, but I don’t think it’ll be as dramatic as you fear. The players will feel the exact same as us and want it done. Teams in mid-table with nothing to ply for may find it hard to switch back on. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if a win and a draw does it for us. Or even one win. 

I'll take comfort in those words Johnny

I know we are going to win it I think it's just the fear that if it has to stop again and we still haven't got enough points

I agree though there will be some mad results at the beginning and I guess City might also suffer from complacency as deep down they know they ain't catching us. 

Just now, Stickman said:

I'll take comfort in those words Johnny

I know we are going to win it I think it's just the fear that if it has to stop again and we still haven't got enough points

I agree though there will be some mad results at the beginning and I guess City might also suffer from complacency as deep down they know they ain't catching us. 

On the other hand, we could lose 7, draw 1 and win 1 and City pip us on goal difference.

4 hours ago, Stickman said:

That’s my worry. Not that we won’t eventually win it but that we come back a bit lethargic and complacent because we are so far ahead  and it’s literally in the bag.
I want us to hit the ground running and put it to bed as quickly as possible, I don’t want it to drag onto four five or six games and then it stops again giving ammunition to those who said you can’t just “give” them the title as it’s not mathematically over

You think the players won't be motivated? They've almost had this league snatched from them, then been locked up at home for 2 months followed by a month of training. 3 months they've had to wait. If you've watched this team over the last 2 years you will know complacency and lethargy will be their last issue. We've more to worry about ensuring they haven't spent their energy (both physically and emotionally) before they get on the pitch. Luckily city will not get past the points we have already. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, No2 said:

We don't need any more points, 9 losses will still get us over the line. City have to fall into the bracket of clubs with  nothing to play for.

Exactly. They probably won't drop out of the top 4 to qualify for a tournament they've been banned from. They are also more than 8 games behind Liverpool with only 10 to play. And they have their eye on taking Liverpool's European crown. 

I see the lab rat Danny Rose is back in training....

You wouldn’t want to go on strike wit( the likes of Deeney and Rose first week they’d be on the picket shouting the odds at management the second week they’d sneak back in via somebody’s car boot 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I see the lab rat Danny Rose is back in training....

You wouldn’t want to go on strike wit( the likes of Deeney and Rose first week they’d be on the picket shouting the odds at management the second week they’d sneak back in via somebody’s car boot 

Scabrat. It all goes out the window when the money is threatened. 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Regarding neutral venues, we are one of the biggest followed clubs in the world, probably biggest in the UK. We will have thousands of fans in every major city, what if they turn up at Villa/Leicester or wherever. Not really thought this through have they.

Some people in Liverpool own cars. Staggering hey?

The whole thing is another slur on Scousers.

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Weird that I'm nervous. 25 point lead and I still have doubts. 90's Liverpool touched me on the ghoulies.

I can relate to this. A few weeks back when it became clear that the Premier League was going to come back this season, I had a mild burst of panic: shit, Liverpool still need those six points! Thinking about it rationally, I think Liverpool are going to run through these games like a hot knife through butter. Everyone has been knocked out of their stride, and who will make sure his team get back into their stride before anyone else? <insert Mr Miyagi gif> Still, that feeling of nervousness came from right from the core of my being.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

**Exasperated sigh**.

Bet Newcastle is played at Wembley. 

3911E6B1-EC00-4E44-BB09-A5057342118F.jpeg

So much for all those "honourable" relegation threatened clubs demanding to play in their own stadiums. No prospect of any of their fans descending on their grounds for games that could see themselves safe from relegation. No siree bob.

Potential title clincher against Bluenoses could be played at the old "Anfield South"... ESPN:

if Arsenal beat City in the first game back on June 17, Liverpool could clinch the title at the home of their Merseyside rivals, heightening pre-existing policing concerns around that fixture.

Sources have told ESPN that the government views Wembley as the ideal neutral venue to relocate matches.

Liverpool's games will continue to be flagged should they take longer to win the title upon resumption, meaning the current list of six games could be extended further. It may also include teams threatened with relegation depending on how the league progresses next month.