You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

50C16689-5837-4A2E-8C95-2FE53E28DB15.jpeg

6 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Hearing June 20th as a restart date. 

6 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

My sources are telling me June 20th restart date

That aged well.

And now the football pages are running stories we'll be the only club to have to play all our fixtures at nuetral venues because the 'authorities' are scared loads of fans will turn up at Anfield or away grounds.

These fucktard hacks will stop at nothing to drag our name through the mud.

46 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

And now the football pages are running stories we'll be the only club to have to play all our fixtures at nuetral venues because the 'authorities' are scared loads of fans will turn up at Anfield or away grounds.

These fucktard hacks will stop at nothing to drag our name through the mud.

Without sounding like a twat....I don’t care. We’ll gerv 6 points from 9 games if matches are played from inside the gates of hell.

Just get it won & let the virtual or socially distanced  party start.

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Must have missed all the deaths directly correlated to the return of the Bundesliga. 

Sending the plebs back to work in poorly ventilated offices and packed public transport is a bit different than playing football with no fans where the players are isolated and tested multiple times per week. 

It will be also interesting to follow the studies being done of the link between Vitamin D deficiency and increased risk of CV. Should that become solidly linked, it would theoretically change a lot of the lockdown protocol. 

9 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Obviously my sources need to remain anonymous so I changed the dates by a bit. Can’t believe you didn’t get that. Anyway, I was right. 

@El Rojo PM'd me with a similar claim, so your story holds water. Sources must be protected at all costs, even the refrigerated ones. 

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

We haven't won shit yet!

That’s my worry. Not that we won’t eventually win it but that we come back a bit lethargic and complacent because we are so far ahead  and it’s literally in the bag.
I want us to hit the ground running and put it to bed as quickly as possible, I don’t want it to drag onto four five or six games and then it stops again giving ammunition to those who said you can’t just “give” them the title as it’s not mathematically over

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

That’s my worry. Not that we won’t eventually win it but that we come back a bit lethargic and complacent because we are so far ahead  and it’s literally in the bag.
I want us to hit the ground running and put it to bed as quickly as possible, I don’t want it to drag onto four five or six games and then it stops again giving ammunition to those who said you can’t just “give” them the title as it’s not mathematically over

I think there’ll be some “funny” results at the start due to the weirdness of it all, but I don’t think it’ll be as dramatic as you fear. The players will feel the exact same as us and want it done. Teams in mid-table with nothing to ply for may find it hard to switch back on. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if a win and a draw does it for us. Or even one win.