You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Do Watford go down with PPG? If not that is the reason for Troy going back, that or the stopping of wages he doesn’t need. Where did he say he was only sitting out the first week? He seems to release information when he feels some heat.

He’s just a boy Troy.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Horrendous virus aside, I’ll still remember this season for the ridiculous level that our players reached and I am the person that I’m most arsed about with regard to football. Don’t need pity, just sort the title out.

Whenever Liverpool win something and I hear people saying stuff like 'I'm delighted for Hendo', I always think I'm delighted all right:

rockyiv-drago-ifightforme.png?w=584 

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Do Watford go down with PPG? If not that is the reason for Troy going back, that or the stopping of wages he doesn’t need. Where did he say he was only sitting out the first week? He seems to release information when he feels some heat.

He’s just a boy Troy.

No. Watford are level on points with WHU and Bournemouth. Under straight PPG Bournemouth go down. Under home & away weighted PPG WHU go down. Watford and Brighton have the most to gain if no more games are played. 

15 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

No. Watford are level on points with WHU and Bournemouth. Under straight PPG Bournemouth go down. Under home & away weighted PPG WHU go down. Watford and Brighton have the most to gain if no more games are played. 

Well it’s wages or PPG or a sudden conscience prick then. Or maybe he has felt some pressure from elsewhere?

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Well it’s wages or PPG or a sudden conscience prick then. Or maybe he has felt some pressure from elsewhere?

I'm guessing he realised it's come back now or not at all. He's 31, so 18 months or so out of the game his career is probably done, certainly at the top level. 

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

I keep saying it, if Deeney or any other player doesnt want to play, dont play. Perfectly understandable given the situation.

Or, Deeney could play and just say away from his family a month or two and return to them only when he's certain he's not infected.

When I was a child I had a friend who’s dad was a sailor on a ship. He was away for maybe 3 or 4 months at sea without seeing his family. It’s the situation for thousands of fathers around the world. My mate loved his dad as much as anyone. Footballers can’t do that?

Just now, JustTosh said:

Or, Deeney could play and just say away from his family a month or two and return to them only when he's certain he's not infected.

When I was a child I had a friend who’s dad was a sailor on a ship. He was away for maybe 3 or 4 months at sea without seeing his family. It’s the situation for thousands of fathers around the world. My mate loved his dad as much as anyone. Footballers can’t do that?

Not the same breed mate, pampered and lacking in self awareness. Like Prince Harry.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm guessing he realised it's come back now or not at all. He's 31, so 18 months or so out of the game his career is probably done, certainly at the top level. 

I think he missed typed something online and ended up on here- we put him straight

13 hours ago, dockers_strike said:
“I feel sorry for Liverpool. No matter how it plays out, they deserve to win the league. They deserve to get the trophy [but] even if we play all the games, it's still going to be the year about the pandemic. It's not going to be that year that Liverpool won the league being the best team.”

Actually, it will be remembered as the year Liverpool won the league being the best team. More so infact - everyone will remember who won the league the year of the Pandemic. And then they'll remember the team at the top won it by a mile.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Actually, it will be remembered as the year Liverpool won the league being the best team. More so infact - everyone will remember who won the league the year of the Pandemic. And then they'll remember the team at the top won it by a mile.

Because all the bitter bell end supporters of other clubs haven't stopped going on about who the league should be taken away from.

Nothing on where the games will be played though.

9 games in 7 weeks, wonder if they’ll try and stagger the 2 game weeks towards the end when theoretically, players will be fitter & less susceptible to injury.

Also, nothing leaked on the FA Cup. I think Carra’s idea of playing the remaining games Saturday (last 8), Wednesday (semi), Saturday (final) is a great idea.

They should do the same with the CL, finish the last 16 then play the rest over 1 leg at a neutral country. Turkey if it’s achievable / safe, somewhere else if it’s not. 

13 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

It's the 17th. City play their game in hand against Arsenal. Then we're back the 20th. We could theoretically have it won if City lose their two games before we play Everton. 

No guarantees Citeh would play Burnley before we play The Ev.