You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

I can’t be arsed getting my knickers in twist over comments made by footy players. Jurgen Klopp has it right - players will not be forced to train or play if they do not want to.

Personally, I’m not bothered if the season is completed or whether 2020-21 starts, although this is unrelated to Covid-19.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I can’t be arsed getting my knickers in twist over comments made by footy players. Jurgen Klopp has it right - players will not be forced to train or play if they do not want to.

Personally, I’m not bothered if the season is completed or whether 2020-21 starts, although this is unrelated to Covid-19.

If it was up to me we'd be awarded the title on PPG. That's something I do care about, very much. 

Totally agree about the players, if they don't want to take the risk then fair enough. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Could be that we have just won football as a whole.

English Champions

World Champions

European Champions

Super Cup Champions

THE END

I’ve barely thought about football in recent times, but the other night it suddenly occurred to me - provided this season gets played to a finish somehow - that the only asterisk being applied to this team in the annals of history is “ * so fucking good even Coronavirus couldn’t beat them”.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

As I've said, if Rose had acknowledged that other people, earning a fraction of what he does and with much less freedom to just up sticks, are also in danger (and, contrary to what you say much more danger than him for the reasons I gave above, and add the fact that they are fit, young and have access to the best health care), then my point would be diulted. Instead the cheeky cunt talks about HIM being a lab rat or guinea pig. Yeah, not the fucking nurses or care home workers, or bus drivers or shop staff, many of whom hav ealready died.

Where's his fucking soap box there? 

The point I'm making is that it's interesting observing the disparity in the way Joe Public will defend a well-protected multi-millionaire footballer when that footballer has nothing to say about the lot of Joe Public. And it's not new, by any means. It's this same deferential, cap-doffing mindset that saw peasants lay down their lives on a battlefield so some cunt of a Plantagenet king could fight for his family's right to some parcel of French land and the power it gave him.

Yes!

Tons of those fuckers will be chomping at the bit to kick their children back off to school and lambasting the teaching unions whose members will be massively more exposed and massively less tested for massively, massively, massively less pay. I bet they’ll be having a close range shit-chat at pick / up drop off time, too 

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

No, but not wanting to play football for fear of a virus doesn't make Rose a Nazi.  I think it's fair enough.  One or two players shedding the virus in a crowded penalty area, it's not the place I'd want to be.

I never said it did. I said crying like a baby and thinking he's some type of lab rat makes him a cunt. He's perfectly entitled to not want to play, I imagine he's rich enough to never need to work again. Just shut your mouth and inform your club and stop bitching in the press.  It shows a complete lack of respect for everyone out there who's kept the country going while he's sat at home earning tens of thousands a week. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I never said it did. I said crying like a baby and thinking he's some type of lab rat makes him a cunt. He's perfectly entitled to not want to play, I imagine he's rich enough to never need to work again. Just shut your mouth and inform your club and stop bitching in the press.  It shows a complete lack of respect for everyone out there who's kept the country going while he's sat at home earning tens of thousands a week. 

I totally disagree.  They're perfectly entitled to voice their objections in whichever manner they deem appropriate.  Stifling the debate is not the answer - we need full, frank and honest discussions. That's what grown ups do and that's how we can make informed decisions.

40 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Does anyone know if those are posture correctors they’re wearing over their training kit?

I bought one online from China during lockdown, while so stoned I was out in orbit somewhere, and it’s like a fucking girdle.

It's a vest that carries a GPS tracking device in a pouch on the back.

49 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Does anyone know if those are posture correctors they’re wearing over their training kit?

I bought one online from China during lockdown, while so stoned I was out in orbit somewhere, and it’s like a fucking girdle.

Always wondered what they were and why sportsmen were wearing them. I thought they were outer garment support bras.

11 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The biggest outlay from clubs is wages, if players refuse to play stop their wages.

Won’t happen of course, poor lambs. The rest of the sheep are lambs to the slaughter.

With empty stadiums a possibility for next season I can see wages being re-negotiated

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Southend beach yesterday but wait til a few Liverpool fans congregate outside Anfield for a trophy presentation and will get accused of being thick self centred RS/bin dippers spreading the virus.

20200521_102344.jpg

So it's too dangerous for these people to go to work because they can't keep two metres apart? But it's OK to all go to the beach and be within two metres?

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

So it's too dangerous for these people to go to work because they can't keep two metres apart? But it's OK to all go to the beach and be within two metres?

Yep and let their kids be "guinea pigs" by sending them back to school. The rest of the world think we are the thickest nation on earth.

26 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Always wondered what they were and why sportsmen were wearing them. I thought they were outer garment support bras.

When mine arrived my first thought was “I’m disabled you cheeky cunts, not fat”.

Several weeks later I’m both.

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K
18 minutes ago, Dave D said:

With empty stadiums a possibility for next season I can see wages being re-negotiated

It'll be tricky because they have contracts that would need to be paid off -- there may eventually be re-negotiation but most likely is that as many back-office staff will be cut as possible alongside groundsmen & stewards + youth players on short term or temporary contracts etc. If players didn't take cuts in the worst times of covid they'll probably dig the heels in. To be honest the lack of gesture from our league of players compared to some Serie A/La Liga sets is an embarrassment, but I suppose all the players that come here come for the big money anyway so that's what they want.

Ironically TV deals may be worth more if all other forms of active-culture are still inhibited .. in which case players can still be paid handsomely while the back-office / support staff are still laid off. Grim.

Should point out that Southend On Sea posted a video on Twitter where they walked through the beach and most groups were two meters apart. Even so, that many people in that space is probably not a good idea, and I understand the two meters went out the window when queuing for ice creams and for chips.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Should point out that Southend On Sea posted a video on Twitter where they walked through the beach and most groups were two meters apart. Even so, that many people in that space is probably not a good idea, and I understand the two meters went out the window when queuing for ice creams and for chips.

Should see the beaches in Cornwall and Devon mate.

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I'd be very wary of them making these photos look worse than they are. 

4 hours ago, TK421 said:

An interesting comment from Steve Bruce seems to suggest that Rose has been charitable towards the NHS.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8343893/Steve-Bruce-says-Danny-Rose-careful-opinions-following-lab-rats-comments.html

'Maybe, he could be less harsh with his comments, but he's entitled to his opinion. I don't think there's been anybody more generous than Danny towards helping the NHS cause.

Does his clap every Thursday, what more do you unreasonable cunts want.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

I’ve barely thought about football in recent times, but the other night it suddenly occurred to me - provided this season gets played to a finish somehow - that the only asterisk being applied to this team in the annals of history is “ * so fucking good even Coronavirus couldn’t beat them”.

We should played Coronavirus XI during the winter break. We’d have beaten it and saved all this piss bollocking about.