You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

By law and it's the same for anyone, you have the right to refuse to work due to unsafe conditions.

The company would then produce a safe system of work to highlight the controls in place against the risks.

If the person still refuses to work it would become an HR matter as presumably the risk assessments and safe systems have been approved by the workers and their union.

It would then be up to the employer to find something alternative for them to do or forgo his wages.

That is if everything is the same as when I was the H&S prick a year ago, clipboard and all.

I doubt there will many court cases for this/relegation etc as I'm guessing most Judges would say "these are exceptional circumstances in exceptional times"

Yep. And if the company can’t produce a sufficiently safe environment by law to operate profitably they will go bankrupt and all involved lose their job/income. See: future horizon for restaurants, night clubs, small gyms, swimming pools etc etc etc. It’s going to be a minefield once the furloughing period expires if social distancing is still required. Footballers will be in a unique position out of any industry in the world in terms of the due care being taken and investment into their safety.

The closer we get to a restart (however that might play out) the more desperate some are getting to get a restart prevented.

Its become obvious there are many agenda driven reasons for that, and ultimately, I hope those who are being selfish will be brought to book.

Troy Deeney is quite right to bring up his child’s illness as a reason to not play until there’s a guarantee it is safe to do so, but he might have to wait a long time to kick a ball if that’s the case. The fact he’s only mentioned his kid now could be because he wanted it keeping private and maybe he’s decided there was no option left for him now and that’s why he has.
We probably won’t ever find out if that’s why.

If all the others who have been as vocal have similarly valid reasons then perhaps they should let those be known as well.

Until that happens the Premier League should make clubs aware that there will, currently, be a restart similar to the German League and the clubs will be expected to adhere to the conditions agreed and, basically, get the fuck on with it.

Of course it might be things could still go wrong, but when there are literally thousands who have had to get on with life as best as they can without PPE, testing or the privilege that most footballers have, I think we should at the very least expect them to have a shot at it.

I have to say that it’s been so good that our club and players have said nothing and got on with helping others. As a our former Chairman said in the quote at the bottom of my posts.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Null & voiders will be out in full support tonight.

795136C1-3D24-4212-91BE-D8A1A34D5E35.jpeg

ITS NOT SAFE.

PLAYERS WILL DIE.

THINK OF THE NHS.

0.8% have it. More will have an STD. I think 0.8% is actually a good result. 

I think just 6 out of 748 is lower than many people expected. In some respects, the Government message has been too good and a majority of people think if you get the virus, you're dead. You arent even if the risk increases once you get over 50 years old.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think just 6 out of 748 is lower than many people expected. In some respects, the Government message has been too good and a majority of people think if you get the virus, you're dead. You arent even if the risk increases once you get over 50 years old.

Speaking from someone that it nearly killed, it can fuck you up no matter your demographic. That said, I had to work prior to getting it and was back at work a few weeks afterwards, without the luxury of strenuous testing and ridiculous wages. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, No2 said:

Deeney nor any player would be getting any shit if this was comment number 1. This about his 16th intervention and only now comes the sick child, none of the other stuff matters if you have a child with breathing difficulties. 

You’re parroting the same shite about Deeney going on about this for weeks probably based off somebody else saying it above.  He hasn’t.  He said something about 4/5 days ago and then mentioned about his son yesterday.  I imagine he probably didn’t immediately think to raise his sons respiratory issues when he first spoke and then brought it up when people starting questioning his integrity or why he’s vulnerable etc.

There’s been plenty of shitehawks pushing all sorts of agendas the past month and I think they’re fair game.  Deeney has come out and explained it and has said he’d been willing to not get paid.  It’s not down to him to hand money back.  The club can make a decision on it.  People are now buzzing off his clothes explanation yet the government advice was to wash clothes after you’ve been to work etc.

Now the latest comical comment I’ve just seen above is that someone just wants it ended in case we get the blame for Deeneys son dying not the actual dying.  It’s unbelievable.

Apparently clubs could test up to 40 players and staff. Not all clubs used full allocation. 

748 is only from 19 clubs. 1 club gets its results tomorrow. Brighton were to busy to have theirs done on the same day as they were to busy arranging squad sleep overs at the houses of their 3 players who already have it. 

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

More chance of drowning than dying from the virus if you're under 50 with no health conditions. 

Guest Alex_K

To be fair most players have been Ok about this.  Ok, so the supposed donations talked about in March/April went deathly quiet .. but that’s to be expected. Relatively speaking though there are very few speaking out of turn. Deeney is just a bit of a dickhead-outlier, as he has been throughout his career in various ways relative to his colleagues  (dangerous driving, prison time for assault, mouthing off about opponents to the press etc)

14 minutes ago, The Guest said:

You’re parroting the same shite about Deeney going on about this for weeks probably based off somebody else saying it above.  He hasn’t.  He said something about 4/5 days ago and then mentioned about his son yesterday.  I imagine he probably didn’t immediately think to raise his sons respiratory issues when he first spoke and then brought it up when people starting questioning his integrity or why he’s vulnerable etc.

There’s been plenty of shitehawks pushing all sorts of agendas the past month and I think they’re fair game.  Deeney has come out and explained it and has said he’d been willing to not get paid.  It’s not down to him to hand money back.  The club can make a decision on it.  People are now buzzing off his clothes explanation yet the government advice was to wash clothes after you’ve been to work etc.

Now the latest comical comment I’ve just seen above is that someone just wants it ended in case we get the blame for Deeneys son dying not the actual dying.  It’s unbelievable.

I could be miles off here but I feel I know more about Troy Deeneys private life than any other player in the league. I'm probably in the minority in that I like the chap, he just doesn't strike me as the type to hold back if he has something to say, maybe I'd take his comments on board with a bit more sincerity if they weren't preceded by every other trick in the book from 4 of the bottom 6.

Guest Alex_K

Was it an antibody test on if covid was in their system at some date previously, or a test to see if they actively have it now? Pretty remarkable it was so low to be honest - esp. if antibody test. Wonder what that says about how many of wider population have had it 

It would be nice for once if some of the most privileged people in society would realize their privilege in this situation. Footballers will be safer than almost anyone else for a multitude of reasons. And if they have people in their circles that are vulnerable they have the financial safety net to not have to worry about not working and not getting paid. They're almost alone in society in that regard. Deeney and the like need to shut up. 

3 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Yep. And if the company can’t produce a sufficiently safe environment by law to operate profitably they will go bankrupt and all involved lose their job/income. See: future horizon for restaurants, night clubs, small gyms, swimming pools etc etc etc. It’s going to be a minefield once the furloughing period expires if social distancing is still required. Footballers will be in a unique position out of any industry in the world in terms of the due care being taken and investment into their safety.

Tough times ahead for all