You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

8 minutes ago, aws said:

If the players of the 70s/80s could come back from a boozy fortnight in Loret de Mar then get fit with a few five mile runs then I see no reason why these modern namby -pambies need anything more.  

Bloody hell Lloret De Mar, heaven on earth.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It's like more and more people just want to give up on life. Since when was living on your knees and doing nothing ever a good choice?

This country has been run along those lines for generations. We have a general public that are happy to let the monarchy raid the public purse to maintain a lavish lifestyle, happy to let the rich elite take advantage of loophole after loophole to avoid paying their fair share of taxes, and happy to vote to keep the Tories in power election after election despite being lied to.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Surely these ultra fit modern players with the advances in training and nutrition should be fit as fiddles and raring to go after a few weeks back. 

The whinging cunts are blatantly taking the piss, asking for 6 weeks of training.

The players in the German league were good to go after 3 weeks or so. And also FIFA have allowed for 5 subs to be used to protect these players further.

SPFL season to be ended Monday and celtic crowned champions so the scottish league can "protect the 2020/21 season"! A fucking joke, concentrating on the next when you have an unfinished one 75% complete.

It's the way the PL is heading, I reckon, what with all the prevarication going on.

Celtic are set to be named Scottish champions for the ninth successive season after SPL clubs settled to cutting the campaign short. 

Neil Lennon's side sit 13 points clear of Rangers, while Hearts will be relegated five points adrift of safety - with both clubs having pushed against the move.  

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) board are set to meet on Monday when Celtic's title will be confirmed after clubs decided to protect the 2020-21 season, according to the Telegraph.

Most European leagues attempting to push ahead with the current campaign are likely to face challenges constructing the following season. 

The SPL clubs concluded in a meeting on Friday that there would not be enough time to finish the season, with Scottish football barred from restarting until June 10, unlike the Bundesliga which got underway on Saturday. 

A new deal with Sky Sports set to begin on August 1 is also reported to be a vital factor in the decision which will infuriate some fans.

With Celtic having already secured the Scottish League Cup, the announcement would hand them the double. 

The Scottish Cup semi-finals, in which Lennon's side face Aberdeen, are still postponed, putting the treble in doubt. 

Aberdeen will join Celtic in Europe by default next term, as the Scottish Cup will not be able to conclude before UEFA's qualification deadline. 

Rangers and Motherwell, sitting second and third, will also qualify, but only the champions will go on to the Champions League qualifiers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8328773/Celtic-crowned-CHAMPIONS-Monday-SPL-clubs-agree-stop-season-relegating-Hearts.html

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

This country has been run along those lines for generations. We have a general public that are happy to let the monarchy raid the public purse to maintain a lavish lifestyle, happy to let the rich elite take advantage of loophole after loophole to avoid paying their fair share of taxes, and happy to vote to keep the Tories in power election after election despite being lied to.

Hear fuckin hear

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

SPFL season to be ended Monday and celtic crowned champions so the scottish league can "protect the 2020/21 season"! A fucking joke, concentrating on the next when you have an unfinished one 75% complete.

It's the way the PL is heading, I reckon, what with all the prevarication going on.

Celtic are set to be named Scottish champions for the ninth successive season after SPL clubs settled to cutting the campaign short. 

Neil Lennon's side sit 13 points clear of Rangers, while Hearts will be relegated five points adrift of safety - with both clubs having pushed against the move.  

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) board are set to meet on Monday when Celtic's title will be confirmed after clubs decided to protect the 2020-21 season, according to the Telegraph.

Most European leagues attempting to push ahead with the current campaign are likely to face challenges constructing the following season. 

The SPL clubs concluded in a meeting on Friday that there would not be enough time to finish the season, with Scottish football barred from restarting until June 10, unlike the Bundesliga which got underway on Saturday. 

A new deal with Sky Sports set to begin on August 1 is also reported to be a vital factor in the decision which will infuriate some fans.

With Celtic having already secured the Scottish League Cup, the announcement would hand them the double. 

The Scottish Cup semi-finals, in which Lennon's side face Aberdeen, are still postponed, putting the treble in doubt. 

Aberdeen will join Celtic in Europe by default next term, as the Scottish Cup will not be able to conclude before UEFA's qualification deadline. 

Rangers and Motherwell, sitting second and third, will also qualify, but only the champions will go on to the Champions League qualifiers.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8328773/Celtic-crowned-CHAMPIONS-Monday-SPL-clubs-agree-stop-season-relegating-Hearts.html

But you miss the point that this all goes away when footy decides, end this one start the next.

I'm waiting on Lord Raheem's opinion.

The beauty in all of this is we are saying fuckall.

5 hours ago, The Guest said:

The problem is that you are then playing into the hands of these self serving cunts who aren’t in the relegation zone.  I’m going to celebrate the day Brighton go down for how they’re behaving.  For me I’d be saying to the bottom three on PPG if you stay in cahoots with Brighton, Watford etc then we are voting on it and you’re getting relegated so get on board with the rest of the league and outvote these twats.

Yea,I'd go with that

20 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Can’t compare SPL to EPL, imo provided Bundesliga is finished then our league will be competed aswell.  

I'd like them to decide on the PPG formula that puts West Ham in the bottom 3 and then see how west ham react to that news and if they find a new optimism for finishing the season at some point or go to court.

I can't speak for others but for me if opposition fans think I'll somehow be gutted if we win the league on PPG they are mistaken. We've gone from the greatest ever lead in league history to potentially a voided title and had to watch the sheer desperation and venom of other fans eager to see it voided so they can have top Bantz, I'm gonna be over the fucking moon if their eye gets wiped and remind them how desperate they were to void it considering it doesnt matter. We should make a fucking religious idol of the asterisk if it's given. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Everton, Moise Kean. Villa, Jack Grealish. Chelsea, Hudson-Odoi. City, Kyle Walker,x3. Probably more. 
Does Deeney not get a huge pay cut on relegation? Probably Murray too.

Are you suggesting these players have some kind of agenda? Heaven's above!

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Everton, Moise Kean. Villa, Jack Grealish. Chelsea, Hudson-Odoi. City, Kyle Walker,x3. Probably more. 
Does Deeney not get a huge pay cut on relegation? Probably Murray too.

I think Murray's on the scrapheap if Brighton get relegated. He's supposed to be a striker and 37 isnt he? No PL side will touch him even on a free at that age. So yeah, plenty of self interest there.

To be honest, I dont have a problem if Odoi, Walker and a few others breaking curfew to get their willies wet during lockdown. What I do object to is then the same players bleating about players health and well being when they could be catching a dose!

To be fair to Pearson, he seems a likeable lunatic. He may not have an agenda in the way that so many of the others do. Maybe he does though because at this stage it's hard to pick out those with genuine concerns. The problem is that most fans are ready to sink their own ship to stop us winning the league - I've seen Leicester fans saying it would be hillarious if it was voided. Despite the fact that Champions League football would be huge for them with a talented young squad. Vardy isn't going to last forever but top 4 means they attract better players. They aren't even a historical rival like United or the Ev. Then the owners are looking to save their business by staying in the league. Understandable but just come out and say that rather than say it is for the common good of humanity that football is postponed and the season ended.

The season was never going to be voided. I don't think it will go down the ppg route either because the legal ramifocations will be huge. Personally I would love West Ham to be relegated. However, I would rather get the 6 points and let the lads lift the trophy together in an empty stadium rather than get a breaking news bulletin on their phones. The Germans as always have shown how things can be done and the Spanish and Italians are following through with 12th June. The league will be completed and I would be shocked if it wasn't.

Belgium, France, Scotland are a nice back up precedent but lets get the 6 points and move on.

50 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

To be fair to Pearson, he seems a likeable lunatic. He may not have an agenda in the way that so many of the others do. Maybe he does though because at this stage it's hard to pick out those with genuine concerns. The problem is that most fans are ready to sink their own ship to stop us winning the league - I've seen Leicester fans saying it would be hillarious if it was voided. Despite the fact that Champions League football would be huge for them with a talented young squad. Vardy isn't going to last forever but top 4 means they attract better players. They aren't even a historical rival like United or the Ev. Then the owners are looking to save their business by staying in the league. Understandable but just come out and say that rather than say it is for the common good of humanity that football is postponed and the season ended.

The season was never going to be voided. I don't think it will go down the ppg route either because the legal ramifocations will be huge. Personally I would love West Ham to be relegated. However, I would rather get the 6 points and let the lads lift the trophy together in an empty stadium rather than get a breaking news bulletin on their phones. The Germans as always have shown how things can be done and the Spanish and Italians are following through with 12th June. The league will be completed and I would be shocked if it wasn't.

Belgium, France, Scotland are a nice back up precedent but lets get the 6 points and move on.

Leicester just like being able to say they have won more premier leagues than us, whilst completely missing the point of the top flight, success etc. Fuck them. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Leicester just like being able to say they have won more premier leagues than us, whilst completely missing the point of the top flight, success etc. Fuck them. 

Hillariously small time. If they got champions league, it could really allow them to kick on. I mean the Mancs will still be huge when all this is said and done. Leicester could be up shit creek like the others without champions league. 

A lot seem to be keen to return to playing in August, fine, finish the season then, scrap the league cup and the winter break and start the current league back then start the new season right after, surely no complaints?

We cannot play that many games, think of the players fitness.

That’s unfair on the smaller teams with smaller squads.

We will be short changing the fans because of fitness issues.

What about players worrying about international tournaments ( Deeney & Murray?