You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

11 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52677194

Infection rate has increased, and that’s just through morons failing to stay at home: god knows what it will look like a week or two after the government's shit new slogan has fully taken hold. 

To be honest, I havent believed a word out of SAGE since this began. They were saying it's less than 1 all over the country although near 0.8 'in the north' only the other day.

Deeply amusing to see and hear how fans of other clubs are talking about the Bundesliga resuming this weekend...

"Looking forward to watching footy"

Picking teams to "support"

"Looking forward to having a bet...."

But, but I thought football restarting whilst people are dying was disgusting, immoral, wrong...?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Karen Bradys daughter doesn't seem arsed about the footy

28307002-8312159-Woah_mama_Karren_Brady_

Holy fuck.

Imagine banging her and then Karen walks in and gives you the look.

What do you do?

Me? I'd say get over here you filthy Tory slag, you'll be null and void by the time I've finished with you.

Hmm, on reflection sounds a bit murderous but you get the idea.

10 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/15/single-failed-covid-19-test-spells-quarantine-for-premier-league-squads

If this is the case - that the single positive means an entire squad must isolate for 14 days - then there’s literally no point resuming, and won’t be until the guidance around isolation has changed.

Read the article it’s the guardian talking absolute shite again.  They don’t want it starting for whatever reason so every article has that spin on it.  They’re talking in circles in each paragraph.

35 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Another day, another cunt...

FC5DD18B-299A-4DC3-A1A7-CE6B9930FEBE.png

“People are closing their eyes to the threat” says the man just off a League led conference call with doctors ahead of a restart vote. Self serving cunts. 

Fact is, his team don’t get relegated then he has a better chance of keeping his multi-million pound a year job. 

The irony of all the shit we are getting from the moral guardians is we are the only team with nothing to gain/lose in this whole thing. 

Null and Void is not an option, so if football restarts we will win the league. However, if football does not restart, whichever calculation you use we will win the league.

I would imagine this is why we are staying quiet on all this, thus anyone criticizing us is purely using their own bias.

I know we all know this, but just felt the need to write it down.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Another day, another cunt...

FC5DD18B-299A-4DC3-A1A7-CE6B9930FEBE.png

Yeah but why is it only 'safe' when the season that is 75% completed is ended, relegation is off the table and we're 'safe' to start up pre season training in July ready for 'next' season's kick off on 8 August?

I dont know what is more annoying, that no fucking journo asks this question or that Murray, Deeney, Brady and Barber etc do not address it.