You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

16 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Fair. Was responding to the quoted post above re: Deeney & Noble comments - just saw Noble's separate comments re: moral obligation to complete the league one way or another in autumn.

Wonder why noble thinks autumn is better than now? Has he got a vaccine on the go and the dildo brothers are off getting it tested? Any reason not to play now applies until we have zero new cases. As we won't get there, it would seem we should cancel football till there's a vaccine. 

15 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Agreed. The season being finished in Autumn isn't on the table anymore.

Its either behind closed doors or points per game. West Ham go down on PPG.

West ham only go down if the PPG it weighted home and away don't they? 

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I wonder would would happen if, for example, 18 teams say play and 2 say no?

I know we’d all say the bottom 2 should be relegated or lose each game 3-0, but I wonder if that is actually allowed. 

I reckon if the PL had the majority to make the required rule changes to move forward, any that don't play would automatically get docked 3 points don't they and lose 3-0 (thinking of the precedent when Boro refused to play) wouldn't they?

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Doesnt matter if Germany ran the PL, you'd still have the bottom 6 clubs trying to stop the league re starting and you'd still have the likes of Glenn Murray sounding off.

Getting relegated from the Bundesliga isnt as big a financial hit as is getting relegated from the PL either hence why some PL clubs are using dubious means to stay in the league.

bloody tell them the league is starting on this date with these rules and if they boycott it then they will be relegated to division 2 they would be the first out on the pitch i bet, the FA needs to grow some balls with these clubs 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

make a fucking decision for fuck sake.

Such a mindfuck, isn’t It?  On the one hand rumours abound that Klopp returned to Melwood today and, we’ll, why bother if he seriously thinks it’s not going to resume? On the other hand, why would the bottom six be coming up with one roadblock after another if they didn’t seriously believe they could frustrate their way to having the season called off?

14 minutes ago, andyj said:

bloody tell them the league is starting on this date with these rules and if they boycott it then they will be relegated to division 2 they would be the first out on the pitch i bet, the FA needs to grow some balls with these clubs 

A lot of clubs are bigger than the PL thats why they act like a mouse with them. The PL is absolutely terrified of a European league since the G-14 stuff as it will basically make them about as interesting as League 1. Eventually all the other clubs would die out because most kids and their kids etc will grow up wanting to support a European league team. 

• Upvote 1

They're just running down the clock. And they arent even trying to hide it now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8318919/Project-Restarts-race-against-time-PL-chiefs-struggling-work-jam-packed-schedule.html

Premier League officials are in a race against time with their plans to get Project Restart underway continuously left in limbo.

After the coronavirus outbreak brought football to an abrupt halt in March, the question on everyone's lips is when can Premier League football make its long-awaited return.

Suggestions to get the show back on the road on June 12 have been met with backlash while questions about players' health and wellbeing are being raised on a regular occurrence.

With no-one having the answers, Premier League officials are desperately trying to map out a return and follow the Bundesliga's blueprint, which action in Germany to resume this weekend.

But with the Champions League and FA Cup to also consider, what are the dates that are being considered in what will be an action-packed summer should everything go to plan?

Sportsmail runs you through what the landscape of Premier League football looks like in the coming months.

Brighton Graham Potter has “concerns” about restarting, announcing - like Todd Cantwell and The Elephant Man before him - that he’s a “human being”. Note that he cites his wife’s family as having “health issues” - shouldn’t fucking be going near them regardless of whether football resumes!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/52659619

"There are concerns, of course. We have come out of lockdown. The situation is not totally resolved”. 

“I have a young family. My wife’s family has health issues. We are human beings."

I’ve got to say, it would be beautiful for Brighton to go out of business after how disgracefully they’ve behaved at every turn. It would be no great loss to a single person, anyway - I’m sure you’d get some pretty pathetic crocodile tears but you’d have to tell them to look at the bigger picture, because it’s only football; their fans could simply start supporting another team instead.

• Downvote 1

Just end it PPG and put it to fucking bed. Points per game if you don't like it tough shit you should of done better for the 75 percent of the season played. Let them take it to court. It's far fairer than wiping out almost a year of football and millions upon millions pounds spent on it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just end it PPG and put it to fucking bed. Points per game if you don't like it tough shit you should of done better for the 75 percent of the season played. Let them take it to court. It's far fairer than wiping out almost a year of football and millions upon millions pounds spent on it.

Is the correct answer.

We'll still beat City's points total even on PPG, but I genuinely think Klopp and the players will want to win the league again next season (whenever that is) so that we are totally undisputed champions, record points holders etc.

They'll want to experience scenes like 2019, when we bring home no. 20.

I hope when we eventually get the title people remember how certain clubs and individuals have behaved throughout all of this .

I used to like Brighton but they have just come across as a shower of cunts and I’m surprised nobody has had the balls to put them over the spot as regards this...I wonder why they want it cancelled ..

EX_T5bEXYAcQWIP?format=jpg&name=large

52 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I hope when we eventually get the title people remember how certain clubs and individuals have behaved throughout all of this .

I used to like Brighton but they have just come across as a shower of cunts and I’m surprised nobody has had the balls to put them over the spot as regards this...I wonder why they want it cancelled ..

EX_T5bEXYAcQWIP?format=jpg&name=large

Brighton have been cunts, but clearly they're going to do whatever they can to survive. Luckily the league doesn't make it's decisions based on one clubs requirements. They will want PPG to save them and why wouldn't they? Their ppg so far is likely to be better than what they'll do over the last 9 games. But who does ppg work for our of the other 20 clubs? I would argue perhaps nobody. The current bottom 3 surely want to fight it out. The other 2 from the bottom 6 probably fancy their chances and that might be better than losing their share of 1.2bn. everyone else will want the 1.2bn. It's just all noise and will continue till we start.playing again. 

Looks like the government are hellbent on restarting next month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52665805

Yeah, as with almost everything they’re doing it’s for the wrong reasons, but if the rest of the country can go back to work in genuinely risky conditions, there is zero excuse for heavily protected footballers to collect hundreds of thousands of pounds doing noting.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

This

Well, whatever happens it needs to be sorted next week, seeing the Premiership needs to update UEFA a week on Monday (25th).

SSN saying next Premiership shareholders meeting on Monday (18th).

No doubt parts of next week will be like transfer deadline day before the Premiership announces all its restart plans at 11.59pm on the 24th. Karen Brady will be selling discounted purple dildos. 

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Well, whatever happens it needs to be sorted next week, seeing the Premiership needs to update UEFA a week on Monday (25th).

SSN saying next Premiership shareholders meeting on Monday (18th).

No doubt parts of next week will be like transfer deadline day before the Premiership announces all its restart plans at 11.59pm on the 24th. Karen Brady will selling discounted purple dildos. 

UEFA blinked and extended their deadline. Not sure what the date is now but Cerefin said the PL and other leagues can have more time if they need it. But, the best thing would be UEFA saying next season doesnt start until this one finishes.