You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Dying all around us? Really Glen. Although everybody who died is a tragedy, it’s not the fucking bubonic plague.

F30D502A-5689-42E4-B3BA-2518CED1C02D.jpeg

They are waiting a month. Or does he mean an extra month when it’s super-safe....for Brighton who will have cheated their way out of relegation?

Footballers have gone from playing to fighting in wars, our own Sir Bob for one.

Imagine most of today’s crew, they’d have been paying substitutes to enlist in their place like the American Civil War.There are hundreds of thousands still working, some kids still going to school, this could alter people’s attitude even more to these overpaid self invested twats.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Dying all around us? Really Glen. Although everybody who died is a tragedy, it’s not the fucking bubonic plague.

F30D502A-5689-42E4-B3BA-2518CED1C02D.jpeg

He might have legitimate concerns but he is also being a thick cunt the way he keeps going on about this.

He says "wait a month", but is that not the idea anyway? PL isnt scheduled to come back until June. No one is asking them to play right now in May. And also, UEFA have stated that they want all domestic competitions wrapped up by August so that they can complete the CL and EL. Doesn't Murray know about this?

And newsflash, there'll always be people dying of coronavirus until a vaccine is found. So unless he is prepared to sit on his ass till next year with no football and with the possibility of Brighton going bust, he should shut the fuck up.

I think they should interview every person working in a garden centre and if one says I don't want to come back they should close every single non essential shop. How can people think about landscaping when people are dying all around us ? 

The irony being if the garden centre worker didn't want to go back they probably don't have a choice due to finances, however the well paid footballer can afford to stay home off pay, so their thoughts are less relevant.

• Upvote 3

I watched that Glenn Murray interview on Sky and he was all over the place. He was saying all the right things like “everyone wants to finish the season”, “the bottom three should be relegated”, but then putting up barrier after barrier to actually getting it done.

I have no doubt that Watford and Brighton want the season either voided or finished on points per game, as both stay up under either scenario. I’d say the others at the bottom (West Ham, Villa, Bournemouth and Norwich) were hoping for it to be voided (though to be fair to Bournemouth they have at least kept their counsel). Brighton have a pretty horrible looking run-in and their 2020 form has been terrible, so I think that’s why they’ve been most vocal. Brighton are a team who have never bothered me and actually don’t mind, but I want them to go down now, and I suspect many other neutrals will feel the same. I’d really love to see Brighton, Villa and West Ham go down.

This whole situation though shows up the PL for the greed fest it is. Clubs would be far more willing to act in the best interests of the game if relegation wasn’t so ruinous.

I'm not that arsed in regards to our situation, we’ve won it and everyone knows it regardless. I think we will be awarded it anyway as the PL would look ridiculous if they failed to award a team with a 25 point lead and just 9 games left the title, especially a club that hadn’t won the title for 30 years.

• Upvote 1

Words fail me at some of these pampered cunts at times. Who the fuck do they think they are when thousands of people have gone back to work. What makes them any different to the rest of us? 

Fuck all that's what and if they are told to go back to work they either go back to work of forfeit their massively inflated wages and let's see how they get on with that.

People fighting this thing daily in the MHS and cunts like this are worried about kicking a ball on a pitch. Get to fuck you thick cunts. 

The player concerns are legitimate, but the fact it's mainly players from the teams at the bottom speaking up does make it appear they have an agenda and just want to use the virus as an excuse to escape relegation. If all other clubs are happy to go along with the restart then why do the relegation-threatened teams have a problem? Hmm, I wonder....

The virus isn't going away anytime soon, certainly not in the UK where it'll be rampant for a long time yet thanks to the ineptitude of the government so footballers living here will have to decide whether they want to stall their careers for months on end, or do they get out there and get on with playing football.

Murray knows he has nothing to lose, he's effectively played his last PL season anyway and is clearly looking for options as a pundit. He's entitled to his view but I still take issue with him and the people who say we must wait until we are back to normal and there are no covid 19 deaths.

What, the 'normal' that sees on average between 1200 and 1600 people who die every day in England due to illness, accidents, crimes of violence etc and we carry on playing football, other sports and go about our daily business unless the death touches us? That 'normal'?

It is distasteful we talk of death this way but these people like Murray and their idea of 'normal' force us to confront the real reality here. Even on it's worst day in England, the virus took half as many people as normally die every day due to illness, accidents and violence yet, we give scant regards for them. We still go and watch professional sports and sportsmens still play profesional sports.

Id have more respect for Murray and his type if they'd have come out and said the unstarted next seaon is the one that has to make way in all of this, not one that sees his team flirting with relegation after 75% of games have been played.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

It wouldn’t at all surprise me if 17 teams vote to play on and Watford, West Ham and Brighton try to weasel out of it. 

I think I read somewhere that it needs 14 teams to agree for approval.  So unless the bottoms 6 can get someone else to vote their way, they’re stuffed. 

While nothing is happening, the 24 hour Sports News channels/sites, will be tracking down every footballer who has created a safety issue in their heads to come on and talk about it.  Someone saying they're satisfied with the protocols put in place by their club and the FA are just not interesting.

TV Person - "Are you worried you're all in grave danger?"

Player - "No, we'll be tested every couple of days and are in an outdoor environment so we are probably the safest people in the UK"

TV Person - "Ok......errrrmmmmm........Thanks"

Nah, they want that Rose fella cursing and shouting about death and not caring about the mental health of everyone else, just his own health.  That's newsworthy.

• Upvote 2

end of the day we cant all be wrapped up in cotton wool  for the rest of our lives something has to give and at some point we have to try and get things moving in a sensible and safe manner.If people on the minimum wage are told they can return to work if certain guidelines are met then those earning 100k a week can do the bloody same.....getting abit sick of hearing players crying about it try living in the real world where you have to go shopping every week and mix with the idiots that have no clue what social distancing is 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

While nothing is happening, the 24 hour Sports News channels/sites, will be tracking down every footballer who has created a safety issue in their heads to come on and talk about it.  Someone saying they're satisfied with the protocols put in place by their club and the FA are just not interesting.

TV Person - "Are you worried you're all in grave danger?"

Player - "No, we'll be tested every couple of days and are in an outdoor environment so we are probably the safest people in the UK"

TV Person - "Ok......errrrmmmmm........Thanks"

Nah, they want that Rose fella cursing and shouting about death and not caring about the mental health of everyone else, just his own health.  That's newsworthy.

At the same time it’s not in Sky Sports interests to put negative views about the season restarting - as if it doesn’t happen they’ll become even more irrelevant than they are currently. 

2 hours ago, Angie81 said:

Glenn Murray says we shouldn’t be rushing to start an unnecessary sport because people are dying. Maybe he shouldn’t be getting paid 100 grand a week for an unnecessary sport then.

I'd love the interviewer to pull them up and say that. "So, if its so pointless are you willing to give up your ridiculous wage for such a pointless sport?" 

"err errr.... wibble" 

Doesnt matter if Germany ran the PL, you'd still have the bottom 6 clubs trying to stop the league re starting and you'd still have the likes of Glenn Murray sounding off.

Getting relegated from the Bundesliga isnt as big a financial hit as is getting relegated from the PL either hence why some PL clubs are using dubious means to stay in the league.