You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Lawrie ‘ I scored a winner in a cup final ‘ Sanchez thinks we should get the title but with the old asterisk forever. He also thinks it’s ironic that Klopp was the manager who pushed most for a winter break and without it we would have already won the league, our form after it was dismal apparently. I think he’s a scabby faced cunt myself.

Yeah, Klopp and Liverpool are red-faced that they were only on course to win the league two weeks before Easter; everyone worth their shit who wins it has it sewn up by January, apparently.

Fuck off Sanchez, you knob.

• Upvote 1

I think a few are getting their voiding, ending and cancelling mixed up.

As far as Im aware, null and voiding any European top flight league is off the table. If you null and void it, ie it never happened, you arent having any teams in UEFA club football from the relevant league.

I'll say it again, no top flight European league has been null and voided or even just voided. They have either been paused ie PL, Bundesliga etc, ended or curtailed as in Belgium, France and the Netherlands.

If the PL is 'voided,' not only are the clubs facing massive demands for refunds of all the money they raked in during this 'voided' season, the top 6 or 7 will miss out on UEFA club football because no European places have been won \ awarded on sporting merit.

Unless all these reports of players being scared and not playing is media driven bullshit, my swingometer is headed in the direction of the PL season being ended on current position or PPG.

The FA have said void is off the table as is no relegation.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Lawrie ‘ I scored a winner in a cup final ‘ Sanchez thinks we should get the title but with the old asterisk forever. He also thinks it’s ironic that Klopp was the manager who pushed most for a winter break and without it we would have already won the league, our form after it was dismal apparently. I think he’s a scabby faced cunt myself.

It follows that if Liverpool are asterisk champions, every other club in the PL and throughout Europe for that matter, will have an asterisk this season, no?

I heard BoJo said parades are counted under the unlimited exercise conditions as long as social distancing measures are enforced. This means that the parade will probably need to be extended to Manchester and behind to ensure all fans can exercise safely.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ))) said:

I heard BoJo said parades are counted under the unlimited exercise conditions as long as social distancing measures are enforced. This means that the parade will probably need to be extended to Manchester and behind to ensure all fans can exercise safely.

according to everton fans nobody in Liverpool likes supports us, so that parade would have to extend to Norway and Ireland to......

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Great means the horrible clogger is still bitter about the 2001 semi

I get the logic of neutral grounds but now the government have given permission to drive anywhere in the country, it is now irrelevant IMO.

As others have said, according to experts, there is not a single Liverpool fan from Liverpool, so the safest place for our games would be Anfield.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Their own survey said that there are 2 Reds to every Blue in the City.

I'd say its an even wider ratio in reality.

Some of their responses to that though were one for some serious minds in the "how the brain works" field. "They all got together and rigged it by getting their wives and kids to vote Red," "I'm a plumber in Kirby and every house I go in is a Blues house so this can't be right"

I'm not even kidding. 

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This Is Anfield: Police forces make the call to allow Liverpool to win the title at Anfield.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/05/police-forces-make-the-call-to-allow-liverpool-to-win-the-title-at-anfield/

I hope everyone signs off on it only for West Ham, Watford and Brighton to fail to meet the safety criteria.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd say its an even wider ratio in reality.

Some of their responses to that though were one for some serious minds in the "how the brain works" field. "They all got together and rigged it by getting their wives and kids to vote Red," "I'm a plumber in Kirby and every house I go in is a Blues house so this can't be right"

I'm not even kidding. 

I said when it was released that it was conservative in favour of them. I was in senior school during their 80’s pomp in a class of 31, there where 6 blues.

You won’t remember them coming out of the woodwork then, every time you went in the garden one popped up from under a flag, the river ran blue with washed scarves. 

14 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Who gives a fuck about a load of pampered millionaires? Make the fuckers run about for our entertainment, whip the cunts if necessary 

They're going to look a bit stupid when kids are back in school and but footballers won't play footy. 

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

This Is Anfield: Police forces make the call to allow Liverpool to win the title at Anfield.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/05/police-forces-make-the-call-to-allow-liverpool-to-win-the-title-at-anfield/

It was bizarre that the authorities were pushing the neutral grounds thing for so long. What kind of maniac turns up to stand outside an empty stadium when they could be at home actually watching the match?

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It was bizarre that the authorities were pushing the neutral grounds thing for so long. What kind of maniac turns up to stand outside an empty stadium when they could be at home actually watching the match?

Everton fans pretending to be Liverpool fans? 

38 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

To be fair, I think when we win the league, there will be crowds gathering outside Anfield. I'm not condoning it but I could see how say a 19 year old me might do it, especially if I'd never seen us win the league. Not right but a lot of fans will be drawn to Anfield.

I have two points though. Firstly, this is likely to be the 2nd or 3rd weekend in June and things are likely to be much better then. Secondly, is it any worse than all the crowded tubes in London or the inevitably crowded b and qs that there will be in the coming weeks. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Everton fans at Anfield to make out that it was us then call us murderers for it to get the league voided. 

Obviously 

16 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

To be fair, I think when we win the league, there will be crowds gathering outside Anfield. I'm not condoning it but I could see how say a 19 year old me might do it, especially if I'd never seen us win the league. Not right but a lot of fans will be drawn to Anfield.

I have two points though. Firstly, this is likely to be the 2nd or 3rd weekend in June and things are likely to be much better then. Secondly, is it any worse than all the crowded tubes in London or the inevitably crowded b and qs that there will be in the coming weeks. 

Messages from the likes of Klopp and Henderson stating that they would be very unwelcome would help, together with the promise of bans/prosecution from the club/police if fans did go. At least this would keep it down to a minimum.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Messages from the likes of Klopp and Henderson stating that they would be very unwelcome would help, together with the promise of bans/prosecution from the club/police if fans did go. At least this would keep it down to a minimum.

Yeah I think it would go some way as well. There probably would be a gigantic police cordon around the stadium. What happens around the city is another thing. Undoubtedly, the media that turned a blind eye to congas around the country will suddenly jump on any scenes around Liverpool when we win the league, but it will be replicated at Leeds and other places.

• Upvote 1