You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

52 minutes ago, Jennings said:

If they did void the league, would fans be entitled to the ticket money back?

One could argue that we have seen the game, so we should pay. However we went to the game as part of a competition. I mean, we wouldn't have gone to the game had we known the competition wouldn't be completed.

I am not really concerned about getting any money back. I just mean that it may be really detrimental to every club to cancel, if they had to give a load of lolly back to fans and another load to TV companies and another load to sponsors etc.

Would fans be entitled to full refunds if the season is ended or null and void?

If it's null and void, then that in law means the event or events never happened. So although 12 or whatever home games had been played, they were declared null ie no result recorded and void ie never taken place.

In those circumstances fans would have a cast iron footing to reclaim money. Think of it like going to a theatre (I know!) to see a play. The play is a number of separate Acts to reach the conclusion. If the play is stopped and abandoned after Act 3 of 4 or 5, would people expect the theatre to be in order to say 'you've seen 3 of the 4 or 5 Acts so we're only refunding you two fifths? get out of here!

11 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Purslow’s latest reason for cheating:

Haha, tell me he's joking and not being serious?

This is what he calls 'doing his best for his club'? No wonder the cunt voted to support the two cowboys in those courtroom battles for control of the club. Once a cunt, always a cunt.

Earlier in this thread, I had raised the issue of desperate clubs using the "our players mysteriously have covid 19" card to pressure the league into being cancelled.

So I'm not surprised we have gotten to that stage already. The objection to neutral venues was just a precursor. These cunts are ready to use this pandemic to their fullest benefit. 

The Premier League should have envisaged this situation and tried to pre-empt it before the likes of Villa and Brighton start gaining traction. Straight off, when Project Restart became a thing, they should have said that if any of your players get infected, we'll still go ahead as long as the other players test negaitive. Cant just call off everything as soon as a few positive tests pop up.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Would fans be entitled to full refunds if the season is ended or null and void?

If it's null and void, then that in law means the event or events never happened. So although 12 or whatever home games had been played, they were declared null ie no result recorded and void ie never taken place.

In those circumstances fans would have a cast iron footing to reclaim money. Think of it like going to a theatre (I know!) to see a play. The play is a number of separate Acts to reach the conclusion. If the play is stopped and abandoned after Act 3 of 4 or 5, would people expect the theatre to be in order to say 'you've seen 3 of the 4 or 5 Acts so we're only refunding you two fifths? get out of here!

Haha, tell me he's joking and not being serious?

This is what he calls 'doing his best for his club'? No wonder the cunt voted to support the two cowboys in those courtroom battles for control of the club. Once a cunt, always a cunt.

Luvvie Darling.

5 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

No thanks, I'll take my chances with the walking Petri dish of STI's that is Whordan!

It's was worth a try, I can take a shower after the ghastly experience but you might get an unpronounceable disease and the shower won't help, not like President Zuma claimed. 

Good luck anyway. 

40 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

"In the world beyond the football toy shop, one lost title just doesn’t matter"

Ian Herbert, Wail Sport.

So what about the titles in the Championship, League One, Two, The National League, North and South etc? Yet another cunt to make out it is just us.

Amazing the way these journalists think it’s unfair to relegate teams but totally fair that they have an agenda to deny a team the title that they totally deserve .