You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

These little plea's from the bottom 6 are becoming more regular. Am I wrong to assume they wouldn't be in every paper if they had the support needed? They appear desperate to me.

It's fine for frontline workers, for bus drivers for staff in B&m, for delivery drivers, it's fine for every single person that's currently working. She is so blatent the premier league should tell her to stop. There's no team I want to go down more because they are trying to give themselves an advantage during a pandemic.

• Upvote 1

Always buzzed off that farewell to Upton Park shite when they wheeled out tons of average players from the last 40 odd years in black London taxis.

The only thing they can ever talk about is having 3 players in the 1966 World Cup winning team. They're even more pointless than Everton.

Had the 1986 FA Cup final build up on the other day and that bellend who played Alf Garnett was ranting about scousers being lazy, poor and robbing cunts. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Had the 1986 FA Cup final build up on the other day and that bellend who played Alf Garnett was ranting about scousers being lazy, poor and robbing cunts. 

Warren Mitchell was the actor

He actually was the exact opposite of the character he portrayed and purposefully made him a West Ham fan. He was a Labour voting, Spurs fan of a Russian Jewish family. He hated West Ham so made the character a complete cunt. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He actually was the exact opposite of the character he portrayed and purposefully made him a West Ham fan. He was a Labour voting, Spurs fan of a Russian Jewish family. He hated West Ham so made the character a complete cunt. 

Yeah I didn't realise that until I think it might have been you who posted it on here. 

West ham for a long time were my favourite London club but now its Brentford. The others can fuck off 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah, I've seen him interviewed a few times but in think that character just reinforced all the negative scouse stereotypes that still exist today though.

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yeah I didn't realise that until I think it might have been you who posted it on here. 

West ham for a long time were my favourite London club but now its Brentford. The others can fuck off 

I always look out for Brentford's scores after ours as they're the closest team to me. Cracking little community club. My lad trains with their kid's set up.

14 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yeah, I've seen him interviewed a few times but in think that character just reinforced all the negative scouse stereotypes that still exist today though.

Yeah truth in that but I think there's little comedy you can watch from the 70/80s that didn't go down that path. I was watching Don Rickles doing roasts the other night and it's similar. I don't think it was ever meant to do what it did. But dickheads are dickheads and will push things past the point of being a little jab. 

I'd say the Harry Enfield stuff caused more shit and lasting effect

9 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

I always look out for Brentford's scores after ours as they're the closest team to me. Cracking little community club. My lad trains with their kid's set up.

I went to Griffin Park with Celtic in 2014 for a friendly. Bit of a pitch invasion at the end, all in good jest. Boss little ground, cracking boozers around it as well. They've just got a new stadium haven't they and I reckon they will lose some of their charm. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I went to Griffin Park with Celtic in 2014 for a friendly. Bit of a pitch invasion at the end, all in good jest. Boss little ground, cracking boozers around it as well. They've just got a new stadium haven't they and I reckon they will lose some of their charm. 

Yeah, it's about a half a mile away. Griffin Park is surrounded by expensive Victorian terraced houses so they had no chance of updating their stadium. Pity really, proper old school ground with an alehouse on each corner. 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

We need Liverpool to put a story out asking if the league can be curtailed and us given the trophy as we have 7 first teamers injured who wouldn’t be fit to play if the season was resumed in a few weeks. See how many cunts would be calling for football to resume then.

I like the cut of your jib! Reverse psychology to make them do what they dont want to!!

Just seen that bellend Alan McInally on SSN moaning on about ‘we will not stand for it” the we being Aston Villa! What’s it got to do with him? (Yes I know he’s a former Villa player)He was talking about playing at neutral grounds. Le Tissier, to be fair to him, just thought they should all get on with it.

17 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Yeah, it's about a half a mile away. Griffin Park is surrounded by expensive Victorian terraced houses so they had no chance of updating their stadium. Pity really, proper old school ground with an alehouse on each corner. 

I'd like to see them come up into the premier league. They play some proper attacking footy and by all accounts their fans won't settle for anything less. Where is the new ground? Still close to you? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd like to see them come up into the premier league. They play some proper attacking footy and by all accounts their fans won't settle for anything less. Where is the new ground? Still close to you? 

They've built on old industrial land at the end of the M4. It's been done really well, with flats and hotels etc so it should make them a shit load of money eventually. Though I do like the old stadium, it is showing its age, so they've got no choice but to move. I can still catch the same bus there, which is handy.

Large

Rory Smith in the New York Times suggesting that the shit clubs playing for time would render the season void if UEFA’s deadline is missed. If they succeeded I think the FA need to stop in, with the only reasonable punishment being a 50 point deduction combined with a complete transfer ban and no TV money for each of the next 10 seasons; if they’re good enough to warrant existing, they’ll still escape relegation and suffer no ill-effects off the pitch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/sports/soccer/premier-league-soccer.html

The objections have become so frequent — and the lack of alternatives so consistent — that some of their peers wonder if they are deliberately sabotaging the process, trying to run the clock down until May 25, UEFA’s cutoff point for leagues to define their futures. The lack of a resolution would force the Premier League season, alone in Europe, to be voided.

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Rory Smith in the New York Times suggesting that the shit clubs playing for time would render the season void if UEFA’s deadline is missed. If they succeeded I think the FA need to stop in, with the only reasonable punishment being a 50 point deduction combined with a complete transfer ban and no TV money for each of the next 10 seasons; if they’re good enough to warrant existing, they’ll still escape relegation and suffer no ill-effects off the pitch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/08/sports/soccer/premier-league-soccer.html

It wouldn't force it to be voided though would it? It would just force the Premier league to decide which method to decide standings 

6 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Dynamo Dresden just about to restart playing have had to go into 14 days isolation as two players have tested positive for the virus, according to their Sporting Director, Ralf Minge.

Wait, that’s not what other German clubs have been doing; they’ve isolated the afflicted players and everyone who has tested negative has carried on. Is Minge trying to finagle an easy exit for his club, currently bottom of the second division?

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It wouldn't force it to be voided though would it? It would just force the Premier league to decide which method to decide standings 

If no consensus can be reached, I suppose their hand could be forced into voiding thanks to the ludicrous ‘super majority’ system that requires 14 clubs to agree.