You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Premier League “we are planning to slowly start back with training over the coming weeks” Bottom 6 clubs “This is an outrage, people are dying, lives are at risk, how dare you!” Premier League “we are planning to approve NO relegation” Bottom 6 clubs “what time is kick off”

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dylstar said:

Premier League “we are planning to slowly start back with training over the coming weeks” Bottom 6 clubs “This is an outrage, people are dying, lives are at risk, how dare you!” Premier League “we are planning to approve NO relegation” Bottom 6 clubs “what time is kick off”

Premier League "We are stopping the season"

Everton Fans "Finally people with morals , less people will die, its justice for humanity" 

Premier League "And handing the title to Liverpool"

Everton Fans "Murdering Bastards!!!!!!!" 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Trumo said:

The site's editor must have had a day off. Paul would have a field day with the errors in that article.

The typos are bad enough, but I think Gini, Robbo and Shaq would have something to say about the sneering at the thought of Liverpool shopping at the bottom of the table.  Shame, really, because it's a decent article. 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It would definitely happen Baz. Part of opening up.

So why won't the congregate round the ground if the team is playing in st George's park or whatever neutral venue? We have fans all over the country, so they could congregate both at the neutral venue and anfield. Personally I think not playing football matches because you can't trust people to abide by the law would be like never opening shops in case someone shop lifts. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jennings said:

Why is it the bottom six who are against it? In a neutral stadium aren't both teams at the same disadvantage.

There isn't really a 'fairness' argument there at all.

I don't believe they are against it. They are just trying every trick in the book to stop any chance of relegation. 

12 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I'm watching that show the man in the high castle so it's unthinkable what a nazi world would have looked like. Horrendously dystopian. 

People wouldn't be allowed to leave the house without permission, households wouldn't be allowed to mix and gatherings would be banned... oh.

Oh for fuck's sake,someone just make a fucking decision. We're running out of time and cannot afford to keep having all these extra discussions. They've probably had these any way. And what happens if after that meeting they say 'we need more information'?

Sorry, behind a paywall again.

Chairmen and chief executives believe it would be pointless to hold a vote on restarting before their players and managers have been briefed

Premier League clubs may decide to wait past Monday’s shareholders meeting to vote on ‘Project Restart’ once captains and managers have held their own rounds of talks later in the week.

With Prime Minister Boris Johnson not issuing his update on the coronavirus lockdown until Sunday, the next Premier League meeting has been moved from Friday to next Monday.

But that is still rated by some as too soon to vote on the proposal to restart the season at neutral venues, given meetings with club captains and managers will not take place until after the shareholders talks.

Some chairmen and chief executives believe it would be pointless to hold a vote on restarting before their players and managers have been properly briefed, and before knowing whether or not they back the plan...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/06/premier-league-vote-project-restart-could-pushed-back-captains/

• Upvote 1

I fundamentally don’t believe those meetings won’t already have happened. Parish has said he’s spoken to his staff, Dyche been on TV saying the same today. 

Palace & Burnley have nothing to play for. If those clubs have had the discussions, you can bet the rest of the league, with things at stake, will have had those conversations as well.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I fundamentally don’t believe those meetings won’t already have happened. Parish has said he’s spoken to his staff, Dyche been on TV saying the same today. 

Palace & Burnley have nothing to play for. If those clubs have had the discussions, you can bet the rest of the league, with things at stake, will have had those conversations as well.

I agree with you. But if they're going to say they need further discussions after Monday on these points, then they're clearly just running the clock down.

42 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Fans favourite moment of the season as voted for on MOTD Twitter was us getting beat by Watford. Sad bastards.

If all they have is voting on a meaningless poll about a football team they don’t particularly like then I’d suggest their lives are very empty and they need to get a fucking life. 

39 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree with you. But if they're going to say they need further discussions after Monday on these points, then they're clearly just running the clock down.

If the government says its safe to play and the league has the required number of clubs willing to play, the rest just need to get in line.