You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

8 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Lost me there

Billy’s Boots reference, mate. A comic strip in Tiger and Roy of the Rovers. Billy Dane was awful at footy until he found an old pair of footy boots, which had magical powers, that once belonged to professional footballer, Charles ‘Dead-Shot’ Keen.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Billy’s Boots reference, mate. A comic strip in Tiger and Roy of the Rovers. Billy Dane was awful at footy until he found an old pair of footy boots, which had magical powers, that once belonged to professional footballer, Charles ‘Dead-Shot’ Keen.

Haha, can't remember it but can remember Roy of the Rovers, Billy's Boots. 

26 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Weather was no bar to a game of footy was it? Remember getting a casey brought back from abroad, it was red and white hexagonal type thing, thought it was great, 3 inches of snow wasn't going to stop us getting on the St Wifreds field to give it a go,, i must of said to someone get in goal in that weather. 

Roasting hot in Norris Green Park playing all day in the summer you needed a break, and a trip to the drinking fountain.

35 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Fuckin' brilliant that, the two kids playing patty cake whatever, you got them like that, especially in important cup ties with the slightly balding Charlton to kick off. Me feet are like blocks of ice

Superb isn't it 

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Roasting hot in Norris Green Park playing all day in the summer you needed a break, and a trip to the drinking fountain.

Yeah, all day sweating your bollocks off though I remember Buckley Hill not far from Sefton Church, loads of pitches and always freezing but that was in a kids Sunday League thing, what I wouldn't give to doing it now. 

We where shit though to begin with, Ron Yeats presented us with a plaque in Bootle Labour Club, don't know why as our best result was getting beat 4/2.

That's got me thinking where the fuck it is now 

6 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Yeah, all day sweating your bollocks off though I remember Buckley Hill not far from Sefton Church, loads of pitches and always freezing but that was in a kids Sunday League thing, what I wouldn't give to doing it now. 

We where shit though to begin with, Ron Yeats presented us with a plaque in Bootle Labour Club, don't know why as our best result was getting beat 4/2.

That's got me thinking where the fuck it is now 

Probably in The Brick, pride of place behind the bar. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb isn't it 

You would be hard pressed to see a scene that depicts real life, even the echoing of the kids voice as he's walking off seems to remind me. 

We'll be Spurs Sir to avoid a clash of  colours, haha, state of the kits. 

Are you trying to tell me about football lad, you trying to tell me. Super it is. 

17 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I used to hate summer footie. A dive while in goal or a slidey inevitably ended up with killer grass burns. 

I much preferred a slightly moist pitch. 

Remember jamming my foot going in for a tackle and my whole weight going over and felt my groin pop. Not good.

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

I used to play on the shankly fields and walker fields for a few Sunday league teams as a kid. Good times. 

Just up the road from me. Went past the other day and they were taking the goalposts down. Tight bastards. I hate that they do that. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Just up the road from me. Went past the other day and they were taking the goalposts down. Tight bastards. I hate that they do that. 

Alder Road is a nightmare. The actual pitches are ok there but three times we played there a load of twats got into the changing rooms and robbed car keys and wallets etc. Always wondered whether the grounds men were in on it as you wouldn't see anyone around then suddenly everything was gone.

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Obviously control the government’s in Italy, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Portugal and Poland as well. 

The RS Illuminati. But instead of an eye, it’s an asterisk.  

97EB029D-A237-445A-856B-B05E993037D4.jpeg

The triangle has three outer points, but also three inner points. 3 + 3 = 6 = number of times Liverpool have won the European Cup. Clear indicator we control everything.

West Ham's Lanzini saying it would be 'crazy' re starting the PL until a vaccine is available. Considering that could be sometime away, is he anticipating taking his full wedge while not playing? I believe the Eibar players and officials in Spain are voicing similar concerns.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

West Ham's Lanzini saying it would be 'crazy' re starting the PL until a vaccine is available. Considering that could be sometime away, is he anticipating taking his full wedge while not playing? I believe the Eibar players and officials in Spain are voicing similar concerns.

I bet, if asked to clarify, he’d say “until a vaccine is available, or when a new ‘clean slate’ season starts in August, whichever is sooner”.

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

He realizes the rest of society will have to go to work soon enough so the economy doesn't totally collapse in on itself right? He's not that stupid and entitled, surely?

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He realizes the rest of society will have to go to work soon enough so the economy doesn't totally collapse in on itself right? He's not that stupid and entitled, surely?

Sad thing is, loads of morons on Twitter are backing it up. “Oh, footballers aren’t essential workers!”.

This entire situation has been an education in:

- Just how much people hate Liverpool.

- Just how much people despise and want dead at all costs “essential workers”.