You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

47 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They probably care about more people then just themselves. 

Foreign notion for Zionist scum, I know. 

'Zionist scum'? I hope you fall under a fucking bus soon, you cunt. Neg away you small time cunt, no doubt it will add 5mm to you're already tiny prick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Doesn't neg without saying why apparently. 

Yet another lie to add to the lie ladder. 

If you can't see why I would neg someone for using racial epithets against me, you're dumber than I thought.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

Liverpool fans on Twitter are putting an asterix next to their username. It's childish but funny.

I saw that.  And while I'm the first as a grumpy 47 year old to call stuff childish, I did find that funny.  One bloke said he's even going to get an asterix on his jersey with "Champions 2012/20" on it.  

I think that's great.  The people bleating the most about it not being a proper title win should the season be cancelled and we're awarded the trophy will be the ones hurting the most.

5 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I understand a few players being concerned about restarting at the moment.  In fact, I think it's a bit unfair of fans to call out a player for saying it.  We don't know if that player has a small child with a respiratory issue, or a wife with a medical problem that could become life threatening by Coved-19.  He may think that his loved one catching C-19 is a death sentence (whether that's correct or not), so dismissing that concerns is unfair, I think.

However, the issue they are going to have is when early June has arrived and football is or was due to start.  By then you would expect a lot more service industries to be open to some extent.  So in June the same footballer is going to say he's not working, while all around him, every business to one extent or another IS now open.  While every person in nearly all walks of life will be expected to get back to work (albeit with restrictions, just like the footballers will have when playing in empty stadiums), it'll be very hard for that same footballer to then justify sitting at home and refusing to train and play. Any moral stand they think they are making is going to look very empty when every other person in the world will be back out of lockdown to one extent or another.

But having said all that, just like my company can't force me to work if I don't want, said footballer can refuse to play.  But under no circumstances should this mean football doesn't re-start.  It just means that fella won't go to work.  I can do that too.  But chances are my company will sack me.  So that footballer can and should expect the same.  And should expect a legal notice preventing him from working for someone else too.  And then probably a bill to pay back a hefty bit of his transfer value.

I would question players from clubs saying it if it wasn't the players that are. 

Augero is a snidey shit bag that never talks to the press, but has fuck all to benefit from a restart so wants it ended. 

Glenn Murray, Watford players, West Ham have a realistic relegation issue facing them. 

Spurs who want it voided will get back in the champions league want it voided. 

Utd, Sheff Utd, Wolves players saying the same, you'd take notice as it would cost them a possible top 4 place. Villa players, could cost them staying up

But no, it's all players that benefit from the season ending or being voided

It looks as though the clubs are still resolved to completing the season, with playing at neutral grounds the biggest single issue some have, something that sounds like an hilarious attempt at getting off the hook for being shit. 

“Ooh yes, we can play at an empty stadium, but not that empty stadium, only this one, otherwise it loses sporting integrity”.

• Upvote 1

That asterisk stuff is funny. It's great when you turn someone's shit back on them.

Anyways, just before the league was suspended, didnt city have to win their next game before we played again to make it they still had a chance to catch us? I know all the shouters go on about we hadnt won it and we still needed 2 wins but Im sure after Bournemouth, the way our next games fell meant we could be champions without kicking a ball if city lost?

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

So basically the French are shitting it because other leagues may finish and they may have jumped the gun.

To be fair that league could award the title before the season starts every year. 

Wow. Desperate "null & void" brigade are tweeting Boris Johnson telling him to null and void it for safety reasons since the League have said they still want to finish the season. I'd like to personally punch every single one of them in the jaw. 

• Upvote 1

I wish they showed the same passion letting him know about his Tory government fucking the working class from day one.

It shouldn't be rushed back but this season should be finished before a new starts regardless. My only concern after safety is how shit we are after time off.

• Upvote 1