You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

The stupid cunt Evertonians were delighted yesterday when the French cancelled their season and the dickheads insisted that the PL should follow suit. Now that the Fench have awarded PSG the championship they are all backing that thick, corrupt, Greggs guzzling, infected lard bag, sweat fountain of a mayor our city has foolishly appointed. If Covid 19 was available on Amazon I'd be tempted to send a box of it to the town hall, tied with a red ribbon of course.

On the pitch or through an administrative procedure, we will be champiosn for the 19th time and our Biitter bretheren can spend the summer writhing in their moronic, ineffectual rage.

Just now, torahboy said:

The stupid cunt Evertonians were delighted yesterday when the French cancelled their season and the dickheads insisted that the PL should follow suit. Now that the Fench have awarded PSG the championship they are all backing that thick, corrupt, Greggs guzzling, infected lard bag, sweat fountain of a mayor our city has foolishly appointed. If Covid 19 was available on Amazon I'd be tempted to send a box of it to the town hall, tied with a red ribbon of course.

On the pitch or through an administrative procedure, we will be champiosn for the 19th time and our Biitter bretheren can spend the summer writhing in their moronic, ineffectual rage.

Despite his stadium congregation fantasy, Anderson actually says we should be awarded the title. Just like PSG. FINE BY ME.

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Despite his stadium congregation fantasy, Anderson actually says we should be awarded the title. Just like PSG. FINE BY ME.

He said we should be awarded it then gave very specific reasons why we shouldn't and called out the fans who will rightly celebrate. He knew what he was doing the fucking cunt. 

I still don't trust the premier league to do the right thing. Its insane the drama other fans are going through over Liverpool. In 9 games city have to catch up 25 points and we only need to get 6 to make whatever they do irrelevant. We've broken record after record. Two wins away, stopped by a global pandemic, no fault of the team. Those lads deserve the title, what they have achieved shouldn't be wiped from the records.

The voiders hate the idea of football being an actual sport that much. I genuinely think even if we win it, I'm swerving football from then on, the negativeness and hate far surpasses the good of it these days.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I have a radical solution to the contract issue: if you extend a player’s contract, they can play. If you don’t, they don’t and you have to field someone else.

Should we have a long-term injury threshold in future? If a certain number of players are unavailable for the remainder of a season, it’s cancelled and no prizes are awarded.

What is doing my head in all this, especially with but not limited to the lower leagues here is the logic.

Premise: we are dealing with an unprecedented situation which has turned our world upside down in a couple of weeks, due to an illness nobody really knows too much about and the future, including all time-frames, is one huge unknown.

Conclusion: we absolutely must make a quick, long-ranging, irreversible decision how we intend to proceed.  

I work in Wales, with loads of reds, Blues and Mancs. All the Blues and Mancs talk about most of the day is voiding the season. I bite my tongue and try and ignore it but it’s fucking hard. They talk about the League more than what we do. This pandemic has taught me a valuable lesson. When we get our footy back, not for me being smug and not saying much when we just won a Derby or the Mancs. They’re fucking getting it, well over the top bragging, in their face rubbing it right in, confrontational as fuck. My hatred for Everton especially has increased over the last few weeks, and I didn’t think that was even possible. My hatred for the Red Mancs has subsided since they’ve been shit, I’ve now got the full on hatred for them back too. My passion has increased since all this shit has started, not passion for us or footy, , but passionately hating everyone else. 

• Upvote 3

We've definitely took a massive swing away from most blues being sound and the odd one or two being horrible cunts. It's the other way around now. They're mostly vile, bitter fuckers who can't wait to scrape the bottom of the barrel and bring up deaths and distasteful bilious shit. 

It's in every one of them. Just look at Anderson. They do their best to surpress it, to come across as one of the lesser spotted calm and rational blues, but their true colours always shine through, eventually. 

I fucking hate the poisonous, victim playing cunts. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I work in Wales, with loads of reds, Blues and Mancs. All the Blues and Mancs talk about most of the day is voiding the season. I bite my tongue and try and ignore it but it’s fucking hard. They talk about the League more than what we do. This pandemic has taught me a valuable lesson. When we get our footy back, not for me being smug and not saying much when we just won a Derby or the Mancs. They’re fucking getting it, well over the top bragging, in their face rubbing it right in, confrontational as fuck. My hatred for Everton especially has increased over the last few weeks, and I didn’t think that was even possible. My hatred for the Red Mancs has subsided since they’ve been shit, I’ve now got the full on hatred for them back too. My passion has increased since all this shit has started, not passion for us or footy, , but passionately hating everyone else. 

City fans are the worst. United are United. The Ev just sadden me - it's like a brother happy when your wife leaves you.

It's not like the Eredivisie where 2 teams were tied at the top when the lockdown began. We are miles out in front, we have beaten EVERY other team, more than 3/4 of the season has been played, and the current situation is such that we could clinch the title for certain only one game into any restart (if win win our next game and City lose theirs, they cannot catch us at all despite still having a game in hand).

I think FIFA should be leading on this matter rather than taking a back seat to the continental federations and national FAs. They should say definitely that this existing season MUST be completed before any new one starts. Players who are going to be out of contract at the end of June automatically get contract extensions up until the culmination of their team's season. Clubs taking the piss to get games called off must be penalised for it too.

A lot of talk about voiding and starting afresh is tribal/trolling bollocks, but a key point often missed is that if this season is written off, will the next season have to be voided too if/when there is another outbreak and lockdown? It's easier to get this season done and dusted and then plan for a compromised season next year.

Make it clear that if a season has been either 2/3 or 3/4 completed before a shutdown, then the season can be called on current standings. Use points-per-game to allocate for the remaining games, maybe not based on the season thus far but on, say, the last 5 or 10 games, as a better indicator of form fluctuations.

If a season gets underway and has to be curtailed before reaching the 2/3 point because of a situation like this, then a better argument can be made for voiding it.

If a season restarts and team tries to get a game called off, then they automatically forfeit the points and their opponents are awarded a 3-0 win and 3 points.

The above is off-the-cuff writing and I need more time to fine tune the details.

19 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We've definitely took a massive swing away from most blues being sound and the odd one or two being horrible cunts. It's the other way around now. They're mostly vile, bitter fuckers who can't wait to scrape the bottom of the barrel and bring up deaths and distasteful bilious shit. 

It's in every one of them. Just look at Anderson. They do their best to surpress it, to come across as one of the lesser spotted calm and rational blues, but their true colours always shine through, eventually. 

I fucking hate the poisonous, victim playing cunts. 

It's the one thing they've took the piss out of us for years and the possibility of it ending is almost upon them. That's why they are flapping. They genuinely believed that they would win the league before us in their new stadium. 

After that they will have to invent some scenario where it's either a tainted title due to it being given to us or because we paid off all the refs, used drugs etc. 

25 years without a trophy yet they care more about us going 5 more years than that to win one particular trophy. 

59 minutes ago, torahboy said:

It's going to be a very long summer for them if we do win the league.

8 minutes ago, Stickman said:

As someone pointed out on Twitter. 

If Joe Anderson is so concerned about mass gatherings as regards health and safety why did he let the Liverpool half marathon go ahead 5 days after the Madrid match 

He isn't arsed. he wants everything back to normal even if costs lives. he is a lying fat twat. 

I think the most sensible thing to do would be:

Award teams top as champions 

Promote all automatic placed teams, as well as top teams in playoff places

No teams relegated, with double relegations next year to adjust numbers back to normal

1 minute ago, belarus said:

I think the most sensible thing to do would be:

Award teams top as champions 

Promote all automatic placed teams, as well as top teams in playoff places

No teams relegated, with double relegations next year to adjust numbers back to normal

No. Award the title to us. Relegate all teams below 40 points. 

Everton are fucking shit. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, torahboy said:

Yours disgruntled haha. 

1 hour ago, torahboy said:

Haha, yours disgruntled.