You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

28 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Reds vote for that cunt too.

I know he does. To be fair to him, I actually can see his point. Not saying I agree but as said by DylanPete, if even 1000 people gather around Anfield, it's an unneccessary problem for the police.

The counter argument is that come say the 20th June (random date when we might win league), the situation even in worst case scenario should be much better in the country. If not, then we're in the shits.

I loved reading Raphael Honingstein disputing German infection rates with English football fans on twitter there. 

1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I know he does. To be fair to him, I actually can see his point. Not saying I agree but as said by DylanPete, if even 1000 people gather around Anfield, it's an unneccessary problem for the police.

The counter argument is that come say the 20th June (random date when we might win league), the situation even in worst case scenario should be much better in the country. If not, then we're in the shits.

I loved reading Raphael Honingstein disputing German infection rates with English football fans on twitter there. 

Just give us the title and severely fine any morons gathering. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Think of it a different way.  We all knew we were winning the league at the point of suspension.  We’d all reached it at certain points.  The actual mathematical point wouldn’t have felt that massive elation anyway and it’s more than likely it would have happened when we weren’t playing anyway. All these fucking losers had resigned themselves to it and were trying to discredit it in some way or another.  If we now win it from this position they will be more gutted than if we had walked to it.  We’ve actually been given a cliffhanger and nobody knows which way it’s going to go.

I really struggle to give a fuck about all the fan banter nonsense.   What happens on the pitch always tells  the true story. 

Huge element of truth that just how good we were robbed us of that winning moment.  I guess on the other hand, we've known it's ours since boxing Day and had plenty of games since then that only made it more apparent. 

Klopp really deserved that parade. 

This really has f-all to do with anyone else in the FA, but Man City, since they were the only team with a still theoretical chance of catching us. Otherwise Henderson would already have held the trophy aloft. Are Pepe and co going to be consistent and honorable and concede that we should be crowned or not. The rest have no right to vote anything but Yes to us being champions.Insert other media

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

This really has f-all to do with anyone else in the FA, but Man City, since they were the only team with a still theoretical chance of catching us. Otherwise Henderson would already have held the trophy aloft. Are Pepe and co going to be consistent and honorable and concede that we should be crowned or not. The rest have no right to vote anything but Yes to us being champions.Insert other media

Probably not.  Who cares?

According to the article in the Guardian, it is dawning on the EFL that they would not be able to finish the season because "time is running out", there are contracts expiring on June 30 and playing behind closed doors would bring them financial ruin.

I am really struggling to understand the basic logic behind all this. "Time is running out" - for what exactly? Contracts expiring, so we cannot play - so, if there is no football but there would still be great demand for second division footballers and clubs signing them would somehow all of a sudden be able to afford and willing to pay them, even though there is no football?

If playing behind doors would not be a possibility in July, how would that not bring a financial ruin to them in August, September, October, when the second wave they are scaring us with is more likely, when the temperatures fall? Or do they honestly expect that in July, it would not be possible to play even behind closed doors, but come October, they will be playing in front of 15K or 20K people?

Is there some collective insanity at work here?

The reaction to PSG being awarded the title is a bit strange. Surely if it's only about safety why people want the league stopped its irrelevant to that issue.  yet other fans are outraged and looking for reasons why it won't happen here. Its almost like it's not about corona at all and more to do with being anti Liverpool. Weird.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The reaction to PSG being awarded the title is a bit strange. Surely if it's only about safety why people want the league stopped its irrelevant to that issue.  yet other fans are outraged and looking for reasons why it won't happen here. Its almost like it's not about corona at all and more to do with being anti Liverpool. Weird.

Yeah, it's almost like a lot of fans of other clubs really don't like our club. It's actually quite the eye opener.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It’s pathetic. Absolutely ridiculous that their hatred for Liverpool, a footy team, consumes them like it does.

• Upvote 3

Guest Alex_K

The distaste for the club is nauseating. Many, many mentally sick and ill people out there to be fixating on preventing LFC winning the title - a club they don’t pay to go and see who has no material impact on their life - at a time when their financial & social structures hang by threads. 

I don't give a flying fuck about any of them. I really don't. But the twitter lot, instagram, Facebook, GOT cunts who don't understand the hypocrisy and vile lies they are coming out with need a fucking good kicking. None of them would pipe up like that in real life. They would get flattened. 

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, SasaS said:

According to the article in the Guardian, it is dawning on the EFL that they would not be able to finish the season because "time is running out", there are contracts expiring on June 30 and playing behind closed doors would bring them financial ruin.

I am really struggling to understand the basic logic behind all this. "Time is running out" - for what exactly? Contracts expiring, so we cannot play - so, if there is no football but there would still be great demand for second division footballers and clubs signing them would somehow all of a sudden be able to afford and willing to pay them, even though there is no football?

If playing behind doors would not be a possibility in July, how would that not bring a financial ruin to them in August, September, October, when the second wave they are scaring us with is more likely, when the temperatures fall? Or do they honestly expect that in July, it would not be possible to play even behind closed doors, but come October, they will be playing in front of 15K or 20K people?

Is there some collective insanity at work here?

I have a radical solution to the contract issue: if you extend a player’s contract, they can play. If you don’t, they don’t and you have to field someone else.

Should we have a long-term injury threshold in future? If a certain number of players are unavailable for the remainder of a season, it’s cancelled and no prizes are awarded.

49 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I know we're on the same page here but the safety argument is just their prop used to support their argument on stopping Liverpool being Champions. As you say, it falls as soon as you say ok, end the and by the way, the title will be awarded to EACH club at the top of the PL, Championship, League 1 & 2, National League, North and South etc. Then the uproar starts but only Liverpool are mentioned.

• Upvote 1