You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Really, You don't think they would?

It's not being disrespectful, it's an opinion. 

No i don't. 99% of people have done as asked, 99% of Liverpool fans are good people, they would stay at home as they have done for 6 weeks.

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

I think if the league came out and said Liverpool are winning the title if we don’t return then we would actually get some honest opinions from everyone and some actual critical thought about whether it’s worth it or not instead of all this agenda driven shite from the usual suspects.

Exactly.

All they should say is the league is committed to trying to finish the season but if for some reason it cannot be done the table is final as it stands.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The government will go with whatever the press lean towards. I wouldn't count your chickens about the league restarting.

Joe Anderson is a fucking bitter agenda driven twat.

To be honest as long as we get the title I’d rather it didn’t start as I feel if it did and a player got ill after say a game or two and had to close down again the screams for null and void would be even louder and not just on Twitter. 
Winning it mathematically is the better way but the joy has been tarnished anyway so I’d just rather get the trophy as a big fuck you to everyone  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, No2 said:

No i don't. 99% of people have done as asked, 99% of Liverpool fans are good people, they would stay at home as they have done for 6 weeks.

Well I respect your opinion. 

Having been born and spent 63 years of my life in Liverpool I totally know and agree how good Liverpool people are.

I just don't believe everyone would stay at home.

1% would still be enough for the Police to call a halt.

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

Bitters on Twitter are saying it’s unfair to relegate Toulouse and Amiens ....Great aren’t they there literally is no barrel they won’t crawl into to scrape 

They thought they were Paris metro stations up until a few hour ago. 

But like the way they are really arsed about Juventus fans dying.

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Well I respect your opinion. 

Having been born and spent 63 years of my life in Liverpool I totally know and agree how good Liverpool people are.

I just don't believe everyone would stay at home.

1% would still be enough for the Police to call a halt.

This would presumably be happening in mid-July, by then people gathering to celebrate may even be allowed, with some distancing provisions. Why is everybody, including the Mayor talking like situation will just stay the same in 9 weeks time? Most people would be using public transport and going to work by then.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

Although it clearly benefits us in terms of it setting a precedent they are a different set of circumstances.  We are a big club here but PSG are basically the number one selling point over there and I wouldn’t be surprised if the people in charge are scared of being bankrupted by legal challenges because they’ve got infinite money behind them.

If ourselves and Man Utd fucked off, the worldwide Premier League TV deal would probably be quartered. Liverpool FC’s global reach is far beyond that of PSG.

Knew for a while it would end up this way but reading about psg winning the league really hits home how rubbish it is to win a title this way. 

Maybe I should have got all concerned about q void that was never on the table.   Fucking pure hollow it's going to be reading the title is ours. 

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

If ourselves and Man Utd fucked off, the worldwide Premier League TV deal would probably be quartered. Our global reach is a far beyond that of PSG.

We as clubs aren’t going anywhere.  PSG as a club isn’t going anywhere either.  The people who own PSG though are in a stronger position than either owners of us or Man Utd because they’ve got infinite money and are in a smaller weaker league.

On a separate point though if a European super league is set up at some point and we leave domestic football I wouldn’t be surprised if the premier league still did quite well as it would be really competitive.  The same would be said of all of the top European leagues though.

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Knew for a while it would end up this way but reading about psg winning the league really hits home how rubbish it is to win a title this way. 

Maybe I should have got all concerned about q void that was never on the table.   Fucking pure hollow it's going to be reading the title is ours. 

Think of it a different way.  We all knew we were winning the league at the point of suspension.  We’d all reached it at certain points.  The actual mathematical point wouldn’t have felt that massive elation anyway and it’s more than likely it would have happened when we weren’t playing anyway. All these fucking losers had resigned themselves to it and were trying to discredit it in some way or another.  If we now win it from this position they will be more gutted than if we had walked to it.  We’ve actually been given a cliffhanger and nobody knows which way it’s going to go.

• Upvote 1