You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Wonder if this dude will get as much publicity as that melting faced cunt from FIFA 

UEFA medical chief Professor Tim Meyer has said it is “definitely possible” to plan for the suspended 2019-20 season to restart, a day after his FIFA counterpart warned against resuming play before September.

Speaking before France’s Ligue 1 became the second major European league to be cancelled after the Dutch Eredivisie, FIFA’s Michel D’Hooghe told Sky Sports on Tuesday that it was not possible to play football before social contact was permitted and that he felt September was a realistic target.

But Meyer, chairman of UEFA’s medical committee as well as the newly-formed UEFA medical subgroup examining issues around a return to play, took a different view.

“In discussing any return to playing competitive, elite-level football, the health of the players, all those involved in potential games and the public at large is of paramount importance,” he said in a statement.
“All football organisations which are planning the restart of their competitions will produce comprehensive protocols dictating sanitary and operational conditions ensuring that the health of those involved in the games is protected and the integrity of public policy is preserved.
“Under these conditions and in full respect of local legislation, it is definitely possible to plan the restart of competitions suspended during the 2019-20 season.”

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/04/uefa-medical-chief-is-not-giving-up-on-the-2019-20-season/

A mate of mine has just sent me this might be bollocks but who knows ; 

Got sent this by somebody in the know. 

Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may. 

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live. 

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.

2 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Premier league is back in June. I have a lead from someone who works for a sport travel agency that manages logistics for some top teams (spurs, city, wolves, newcastle, rangers to name a few). The company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may. 

All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live. 

The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only.

Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch.

Lad I was about to forward you this on. My mate who works for BT has just this second sent it. I came on this thread  to see if its been round yet. Hope to god its true 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I believe it is called Phase 1 of Project Re Start.

Thinking laterally, they have to explore and set things up if they intend attempting to re start the league. It is at least good news that the PL is making some provisions.

Fingers crossed. We need some good news and Government support to start turning the shouter's tide against them. Getting the Dutch FA back to the table with the clubs to undo their fustercluck of a decision would also be a step in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Simon Jordan should just stick to going on sunbeds.

FB_IMG_1588188712600.jpg

Yeah. We have a disease we dont have a vaccine for yet people are queuing up to get a burger or go and do non essential shopping, for fuck's sake, probably listening to this cunt pontificating while they do.

Is he calling out Burger King and B&Q etc or doesnt that kind of 'corporate manslaughter' count?

59 minutes ago, SasaS said:

How many pitches are there? Two or three games a day sounds like a lot.

I have been to St George’s about 3 years ago and from memory there are about 6/7 outdoor pitches and one big inside 4g pitch. And about the same in changing rooms, all of which are the size of Anfields changing room if you need a reference. A massive gym there that would embarrass Total Fitness.

There are two pitches the same dimensions as the Wembley pitch. 

There is also a massive Hilton hotel on site which the England team use when based there. There are loads of conferencing facilities on site and in the Hotel.

I was very impressed when I went there and the whole site is very big.

I heard this plan for St George’s mooted from a mate who lives nearby (He was the reason why I went) a couple of weeks back. I can say that the plan makes sense and 100% feasible at St Georges. 

Barcelona based themselves there on a pre season tour 4 years ago and there is a massive wall out side the changing rooms where various footballers, sport stars and celebrities have signed. When all this had settled down, You can rent a pitch there for a morning or afternoon for a game (it’s a bit pricey). Makes a good stag do event.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah. We have a disease we dont have a vaccine for yet people are queuing up to get a burger or go and do non essential shopping, for fuck's sake, probably listening to this cunt pontificating while they do.

Is he calling out Burger King and B&Q etc or doesnt that kind of 'corporate manslaughter' count?

I wonder how many of the voiders are demanding that the schools go back ASAP so that they can get back to their usual work routine? Would they insist on daily testing and shutting down the entire term in the event one child tests positive?

Adrian Durham seems to be the only one talking sense on that shite channel 

If we null & void this season, Coronavirus does not magically disappear." "Why does anyone think scrapping the season is going to solve everything?" "Corona is still going to be here, when you want a new season to start."

If we null & void this season, Coronavirus does not magically disappear." "Why does anyone think scrapping the season is going to solve everything?" "Corona is still going to be here, when you want a new season to start." @talkSPORTDrive doesn't agree with voiding the season.

32 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I wonder how many of the voiders are demanding that the schools go back ASAP so that they can get back to their usual work routine? Would they insist on daily testing and shutting down the entire term in the event one child tests positive?

No, cos Liverpool won't get fucked and they can't go on Twatter and wind Kopites up about it.

33 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Adrian Durham seems to be the only one talking sense on that shite channel 

If we null & void this season, Coronavirus does not magically disappear." "Why does anyone think scrapping the season is going to solve everything?" "Corona is still going to be here, when you want a new season to start."

If we null & void this season, Coronavirus does not magically disappear." "Why does anyone think scrapping the season is going to solve everything?" "Corona is still going to be here, when you want a new season to start." @talkSPORTDrive doesn't agree with voiding the season.

Nail on head, Durham and his station are bellends but he is right there,Until there is a vaccine there wont be fans and playing behind closed doors will be new norm.I dont expect to see fans at grounds anytime this year .The ironic thing is football needs to play out rest of this seasom as a template for next

• Like 1

This won't be a decision based on science, reason or logic, it will be a political decision which will ignore actual risk and ability to organize this. The government will not allow it, and they would do it so they can take the moral high ground of protecting lives, because of principles, standing firm despite the pressure from football money men.

They will probably do the same in Germany.

The Tories have supposedly given the green light to the Premier League’s framework for a return. Obviously some way off in practice, but given the mentality of Johnson & co, France ruling out sport altogether is probably something they’re keen to one-up.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-leagues-five-point-framework-21948907

Could Liverpool being given the chance to win the league on the field be the thing that finally causes Britain’s Tory cult voters to turn on them?