You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

If the season was voided then would everyone who has earnt money directly and indirectly from football have to pay it back, as if it is voided it never happened, if it didnt happen you cant get paid for it.

Do you think all these pundits would be calling for it to be cancelled if they had to pay their wages back.

37 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Freddie fucking Flintoff thinks it should be voided now.....Now I’m really worried that such a intellectual sporting heavyweight such as Freddie has weighed in it’s only a matter of time...

Stars_Flintoff.jpg

Well he does think the world is flat and 'there's plenty of evidence to support it'!

Click bait headlines for the s*n on the radio. Typical knuckledragger stuff catering to the outraged masses who would still want the season cancelled even if it were their team that was 25 points clear with 75% of the season played.

Right.

Watch, if the season gets voided, how many start shouting for a relaxation of the lockdown.

Probably the same morons who’ve been breaking the rules every weekend since it was enforced.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

If the season was voided then would everyone who has earnt money directly and indirectly from football have to pay it back, as if it is voided it never happened, if it didnt happen you cant get paid for it.

Do you think all these pundits would be calling for it to be cancelled if they had to pay their wages back.

Let's ask them and see what they say. Be nice to see a few of them squirm a little. 

50 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The really weird thing is with this talk of lawsuits from clubs denied promotion etc, Im pretty certain Liverpool wouldnt join in any legal action. Ive no doubt behind the scenes in the PL meetings, the club is pushing for the league to restart but publically, we've kept our powder dry.

I think this is probably right.

The difficulty with legal action is that there are no rules for this scenario so it comes down to a vote between the PL clubs for the time being. 

I am sure that Henry & Co are ding all they can behind the scenes. The unspoken thing here is that the PL can't afford to piss off us, the two Manc clubs and Chelsea. They need us and will want to keep us sweet and prevent us using this hiatus as a jumping off point for a superleague. Haven't Utd already said they support the season concluding? Not that this would be decisive, but if you have the four (or 6) biggest clubs marching in lockstep it helps. 

3 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

The unspoken thing here is that the PL can't afford to piss off us, the two Manc clubs and Chelsea. They need us and will want to keep us sweet and prevent us using this hiatus as a jumping off point for a superleague. 

This is absurd though pal - a pandemic is the worst possible jumping off point to creating a league of clubs in different countries.

If the government steps in and calls an end to the season then surely nobody can sue teams or the league as it's out of their hands.

The decision they come up with will be the one that denies Liverpool the title of course it will be, we've the most dramatic script in world football. No club comes even close.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If the government steps in and calls an end to the season then surely nobody can sue teams or the league as it's out of their hands.

The decision they come up with will be the one that denies Liverpool the title of course it will be, we've the most dramatic script in world football. No club comes even close.

Whatever will be, will be, mate. Pointless getting wound up about it. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

When i think how we/I are up and down by the minute, spare a thought for the shite. Must be tough living in their houses. At least with us there could be silver lining amidst the clouds. It must be torment for the.

Their 'silver lining' is the growing crescendo to cancel the league.

To be honest, in all the hubris that's being spouted, we've been drowned out. We have become the unreasonable voice in the wilderness. Everyone else is on the moral high ground except those despicable scousers and Liverpool fans.

As soon as anyone uses the number of deaths as the reason to stop the league, you're made out to be the cunt in the room because you want the wider picture to be considered.

You know the cunts like neville, jordan, morgan and the talkshite mob start up with the 'while there's so many dieing.........' you have lost the war. Yet at the same time, these cunts are out queuing for a burger, going running, going shopping in B&Q not to mention going to work and breaking social distancing as and when they want to. You're on a loser, you're the one putting lives at risk while they hide behind their measley words.

No one wants to see untimely deaths. No one wants to see NHS front line heroes put at risk. Fuck's sake, we've seen tragedy in a football stadium first hand (and the cunts like to use that against us so no reasonableness there, eh?) so I dont need airhead cunts like flintoff, jordan and the talkshite nobs telling me 'football cannot go on.'

If the number of deaths and pandemic means we are not to be 'given' the title, I'll be gutted. I'll accept it. But at the same time, Im not going to accept it when the clear and unadulterated message these people are pushing is end the season to stop Liverpool and we're good to go in August. All as if the deaths and pandemic never fucking happened never mind less than a month before.

If football (and other sports to be fair) have to be stopped, so be it. Let's have an adult debate because sooner or later, we have to get on with living. But they need to stop fucking mentioning in the next breath 'let's start as normal 4 weeks later.' No, no, fucking no! If it's cancelled, cancel it and other sports for a full year so the pandemic and deaths have ended and we have a working vacine.

Of course Im pissing in the wind because the airheads dont want to listen. They want to sit on the moral high horse at the top of their ivory tower. And they call us cunts?

• Upvote 5

I think now it will be voided and I will be surprised if the next one will kick off on schedule either.

In context with the upheaval we have experienced in the last couple of months and the concern over what is going to happen to us all in the months and years to come it doesn't seem that big a deal any more if I'm honest. 

• Downvote 3

Paris Saint-Germain are set to be named champions of Ligue 1, while promotions and relegations are also to be enforced throughout the divisions, after all French football was cancelled for the foreseeable future.

The decision was taken on Tuesday, when Prime Minister Edouard Philippe announced that no sporting events would take place in France until September at the earliest, due to the coronavirus outbreak which has swept all over Europe.

And further confirmation came from French Football President Noël Le Graët, who told Le Télégramme that the season was definitely over, but he hopes to enforce the normal promotions and relegations upon the teams currently occupying those positions - making PSG champions of France once again.

"We informed Comex (an executive committee) of what they already knew, that Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 will not restart, and that neither the National nor the D1 women's league will restart either.

"These four competitions are definitively stopped for the 2019-2020 season.

"I am for the application of the regulations. Therefore, there should be two promotions from the National in D2, the D2 should have two relegations and two promotions, and then two Ligue 1 relegations, because I don't see how we could make playoffs."

And journalist Mohamed Bouhafsi of RMC Sport agreed with the sentiments of the French Football president, claiming the French FA have thought up three possible alternatives for how the season should be decided - but all three share the outcome of PSG being crowned champions.

But the good news didn't stop there for PSG supporters, as the club's owner Nasser el Khelaifi stated that the French giants will fight to continue their journey in this year's Champions League competition, despite the Prime Minister's calls for a stop to all sporting activity until September, via Tariq Panja.

2 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

I think this is probably right.

The difficulty with legal action is that there are no rules for this scenario so it comes down to a vote between the PL clubs for the time being. 

I am sure that Henry & Co are ding all they can behind the scenes. The unspoken thing here is that the PL can't afford to piss off us, the two Manc clubs and Chelsea. They need us and will want to keep us sweet and prevent us using this hiatus as a jumping off point for a superleague. Haven't Utd already said they support the season concluding? Not that this would be decisive, but if you have the four (or 6) biggest clubs marching in lockstep it helps. 

That’s a good point - any club with designs on success should absolutely want the season to conclude with titles etc awarded, because they’ll know full well that it could be them given that next season going off without a hitch is improbable at best.

What if the Mancs or Chelsea go on a run, find themselves at the top of the table by a couple of points and we get an even worse second wave? That’s why the one bit of hope I have left is that the Premier League might for that reason be careful in what it puts forward as options; despite the pretence of a 20 team democracy, some voices are far more valuable than others - piss of Liverpool and Man Utd to a significant enough degree and it’s only a matter of time before it meets the same fate as the old first division.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Their 'silver lining' is the growing crescendo to cancel the league.

To be honest, in all the hubris that's being spouted, we've been drowned out. We have become the unreasonable voice in the wilderness. Everyone else is on the moral high ground except those despicable scousers and Liverpool fans.

As soon as anyone uses the number of deaths as the reason to stop the league, you're made out to be the cunt in the room because you want the wider picture to be considered.

You know the cunts like neville, jordan, morgan and the talkshite mob start up with the 'while there's so many dieing.........' you have lost the war. Yet at the same time, these cunts are out queuing for a burger, going running, going shopping in B&Q not to mention going to work and breaking social distancing as and when they want to. You're on a loser, you're the one putting lives at risk while they hide behind their measley words.

No one wants to see untimely deaths. No one wants to see NHS front line heroes put at risk. Fuck's sake, we've seen tragedy in a football stadium first hand (and the cunts like to use that against us so no reasonableness there, eh?) so I dont need airhead cunts like flintoff, jordan and the talkshite nobs telling me 'football cannot go on.'

If the number of deaths and pandemic means we are not to be 'given' the title, I'll be gutted. I'll accept it. But at the same time, Im not going to accept it when the clear and unadulterated message these people are pushing is end the season to stop Liverpool and we're good to go in August. All as if the deaths and pandemic never fucking happened never mind less than a month before.

If football (and other sports to be fair) have to be stopped, so be it. Let's have an adult debate because sooner or later, we have to get on with living. But they need to stop fucking mentioning in the next breath 'let's start as normal 4 weeks later.' No, no, fucking no! If it's cancelled, cancel it and other sports for a full year so the pandemic and deaths have ended and we have a working vacine.

Of course Im pissing in the wind because the airheads dont want to listen. They want to sit on the moral high horse at the top of their ivory tower. And they call us cunts?

Couldn't disagree with any of that.

Sure if asked the question, "would you happily take more deaths and misery to void the league, would you accept that?"

I doubt if the fuckas would even blush.

If people say the season should end because of health reasons I can see that as a reasonable start for a debate , but when they immediately follow this by insisting on voiding rather than curtailing I am immediately suspicious and a pound to a pinch of shite they are invariably in a position to benefit from a void scenario.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If people say the season should end because of health reasons I can see that as a reasonable start for a debate , but when they immediately follow this by insisting on voiding rather than curtailing I am immediately suspicious and a pound to a pinch of shite they are invariably in a position to benefit from a void scenario.

Thats it 100%. Someone pointed out on GOT weeks ago that there will be no difference in restoring this season or starting a new season once football starts providing its safe to do so. 

Have a guess what he was labelled as immediately. 

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats it 100%. Someone pointed out on GOT weeks ago that there will be no difference in restoring this season or starting a new season once football starts providing its safe to do so. 

Have a guess what he was labelled as immediately. 

Fuckin Kopite bastard!

Screenshot_20200427-005228_Twitter.jpg