You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Liverpool are only 6 points from the title. "I know it's not fair but it's for safety reasons". Well then award them the title "NO! Thats not fair"

End the season as it is. You ended up where you got yourself, the only real issue is the teams with a game in hand.

I'm done with the drama of it now, this shit will drag on. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This is why this situation is unbearable and also why I haven't missed football one bit. The tribalism, lack of common sense and fairness surrounding this issue makes me lose all appetite for even wanting to watch football when it comes back. 

Indeed. Football is a cesspool these days, full of absolute cunts. I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't find it a little funny if some twats like United or City got shafted out of the league in these circumstances, but I wouldn't actively want it to happen simply because it's clearly not reasonable in the slightest to deny a team that's so far clear what they clearly deserve no matter how much mental gymnastics you want to try to pull - it's a completely hollow argument. 

As far as I can tell, voiding and denying us the title isn't a "thing" outside of the lunatic fringes of the game (twitter, washed up ex-players looking for a click bait headline, shit rags like the Daily Star/Metro, forum WUMs). All of the talk among credible journalists/sources within the game is it's not an option under serious consideration. 

The PL will have enough of a mess untangling CL/Europa qualification, promotion, relegation - the idea that they will compound all that with the biggest miscarriage of justice in sporting history when there is no vested interest against us doesn't make a huge amount of sense. 

47 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Indeed. Football is a cesspool these days, full of absolute cunts. I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't find it a little funny if some twats like United or City got shafted out of the league in these circumstances, but I wouldn't actively want it to happen simply because it's clearly not reasonable in the slightest to deny a team that's so far clear what they clearly deserve no matter how much mental gymnastics you want to try to pull - it's a completely hollow argument. 

And even worse than the "fairness argument" is when people bring up public safety. You've got pundits and rival fans coming out the woodwork, thick as pig shit, saying the season has to be voided because this is a terrible situation, people are dying and this is the safest solution.

Hello, what the fuck does wanting games that have already been played to count have to do with the virus and people dying? That factor only comes in when deciding whether the season should resume or not. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

According to The Times, some clubs are revolting against the idea of resuming the league, with those in danger of relegation or missing out on European qualification shouting loudest. Apparently playing fixtures at neutral grounds would “damage the integrity” of the game.

Yep, but only Liverpool have a vested interest in wanting the season finished.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

It's fucking shite lads and lasses, but gird your loins because the cunts are gonna get their way!

Just paint a fucking smile on your face and grin at the cunts!

Nah. Too much money at stake to pretend the season never happened. Voiding is the least likely outcome. 

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

Presumably that's the epidemiology professor Chris Waddle who reckons it will be unsafe to play in July but perfectly safe in August. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Simon Jordan is trending for this 

That cunt Jordan has been at this since the 1st second the lockdown was put in. When are people going to realise we are not in lockdown for the safety of the individual. If that was the case there wouldn't be fucking queues outside b&q and Amazon delivering more shit than ever.  We're locked down because we don't want to swamp the health service. What if someone from b&q dies of covid (probably already has), is that corporate manslaughter? No, it's death from a virus and providing the employer took reasonable measures to keep their employees safe, it's fine. Football is no different, I don't know why they think it should be. 

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

According to The Times, some clubs are revolting against the idea of resuming the league, with those in danger of relegation or missing out on European qualification shouting loudest. Apparently playing fixtures at neutral grounds would “damage the integrity” of the game.

Every week it's the same pattern. There a PL meeting on a Friday and everyone gets a slap and they come out after saying about a unanimous desire to finish the season - Saturdays press carries no dissent. Then it starts on the Sunday, these self interested cunts , drip , drip, drip, leaking to their mates in the media "the humanity of it all, how can we play football when there's dying". You play football every week when people are dying. It's just cunts trying to find a better way for themselves out of this season and none of it has anything to do with the health of the nation. 

• Upvote 8

So to clarify.

We must void this current season as it's too dangerous to play football in this environment, however come August it will be fine to play football whether it's behind closed doors or to (partially) full stadiums?   Well I look forward to August then when COVID 19 has fucked off out of existence. 

What a bunch of cunts some people are. We (as in LFC) must really get on their tits.  

Like others have said if they void this season, then I'm done with the 'game'.  Plenty of other things in life to get stressed every weekend over!

If the Premeir league come out and say Liverpool will be named champions a lot of fans will go mental and prove it's not about safety it's about voiding to stop Liverpool winning the league. They had a petition to deny us the title over VAR for fucks sake. Sport is irrelevant to them. I wonder with that line drawn in the sand what the calls will be for the season then. The premier league really do need to make decisions on outcomes very soon because all this speculation isn't right and it's creating more agro.

In my opinion they should still relegate sides there's no way teams who've been shite should be rewarded.

It's fairer to cancel the remaining 25 percent of games unplayed than it is to cancel 75 percent of games played.

Im just repeating the same shit. Its an itch that needs to be scratched no matter the decision.

A Danish study have found that fotballers on average would be within 1 m distance of a supposed infected player only for 1 minute and 28 seconds during a match.

The chances to be infected are almost zero.

You will probably get to read about the study soon.

431B0B50-31C3-4355-83DD-E83B2C49B99A.png

66A2401A-2EF8-4847-9901-3042F9FB54AA.png

B538427A-E9F1-421D-89C2-D128ECE2A3E2.png

2A47D5BF-A9D2-4E15-8983-7A8B9D10E82B.png

2329CFB1-2CDD-4034-859A-8E0B7B8BFBED.png

24C9F141-5980-435A-94B4-7EC4780D9B3B.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ManéMan said:

Think to be absolutely certain, next season should be cancelled and this one should continue from March 2021 i.e from where we left off...I think by then this bastard virus should be eliminated. 

Better to have one disrupted season than two or maybe more...

I would go with this . If season starts up now and the likes of West Ham under threat of relegation would not put it past them to deliberately infect their squad and not be able to field a team voiding the matches.

Piers Morgan the cunt on GMTV then interviewing Rio Ferdinand saying "dont you think it should be voided Rio, I've said from the start it should be, Liverpool fans wont like me but health is more important"

To be fair to Ferdinand he didn't jump on the bandwagon and just remained non committal.