You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

I'm sorry but this talk of perpetual CL qualification for some teams no matter were they finish in the league can fuck right off!

Whatever happened to qualifying on merit? If you're not good enough to finish in the top four, or win CL or EL then tough, you don't qualify!

Another one for the 'modern football is shit' thread!

• Upvote 1

The least complictaed way to curtail it without causing too many legal challenges would be to

1. Have Liverpool as Champions.

2. Don't relegate any from the PL or other EFL leagues. 

3. Promote the current top 2 from the Championship and other lower leagues.

While I still think the Dutch were daft cunts for not announcing a Champion, there is the mitigating factor of their top 2 being level on points. So they couldn't be separated on points per game (which UEFA had advocated). 

The biggest blow to us would only occur if the other big 5 leagues decide not to announce a Champion after curtailing their seasons. So in that regard, we really need France to announce PSG as Champions. Belgium and Scotland have already showed that is the right path to take on that front.

18 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Exactly they’d just be coming out with shite like if it has to be cancelled the there can be no winners as it wasn’t finished .

I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a more toxic response to a football team and it’s fans winning a title that we’ve deserved but if we don’t it’s because thousands have died yet somehow they take the moral high ground and it’s our fanbase that’s victims and bin dippers 

Like this horrible twat who I’ve put in the smarmy faces thread Man Utd supporting cockney wanker and Talkshite presenter Andy Wankstain who has tweeted a few times about voiding the league 

Andy Goldstein MBE
@andygoldstein05
French football cancelled to August at the earliest. Been saying this for weeks now. May, June...much too soon. Cancel this season. Look ahead to the start of the new one. Makes sense.

Which followed up from his one yesterday ...

Are the #PL that stupid to think #LFC fans won’t be outside Anfield?”

“Don’t allow a team to become champions whilst in lockdown!”

“It’s not just Liverpool, it’s football fans!”

claims the PL champions must be crowned post-lockdown. Thoughts?

He is a truly horrible cunt of a man, he has no interest other than us not getting the title. Probably couldn’t a fuck other than that. Lesbian looking twat.

19 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Exactly they’d just be coming out with shite like if it has to be cancelled the there can be no winners as it wasn’t finished .

I honestly don’t think I’ve seen a more toxic response to a football team and it’s fans winning a title that we’ve deserved but if we don’t it’s because thousands have died yet somehow they take the moral high ground and it’s our fanbase that’s victims and bin dippers 

Like this horrible twat who I’ve put in the smarmy faces thread Man Utd supporting cockney wanker and Talkshite presenter Andy Goldstein who has tweeted a few times about voiding the league 

Andy Goldstein MBE
@andygoldstein05
French football cancelled to August at the earliest. Been saying this for weeks now. May, June...much too soon. Cancel this season. Look ahead to the start of the new one. Makes sense.

Which followed up from his one yesterday ...

Are the #PL that stupid to think #LFC fans won’t be outside Anfield?”

“Don’t allow a team to become champions whilst in lockdown!”

“It’s not just Liverpool, it’s football fans!”

andy_goldstein_0.jpg?strip=all&quality=1

Fucking bell end (him not you by the way!). I would just like to smash his face to pulp but again, that's the reaction cunts like him want, isnt it? 'Look ahead to the new season'? When's that then you cunt? The day after you cancel the current one that's supposedly not safe and wont see fans in stadiums until after the New Year at the earliest?

'Dont allow a team to become champions in lockdown'? Why the fuck not? Why cannot Leeds, Coventry and Crewe NOT be champions in a lockdown? Why single Liverpool out again? What about Barrow? What about the teams at the top of National League North and South?

It's really starting to boil my piss all this 'just stop Liverpool' and everyone else is just collateral damage. Soz like but Im getting really wound up. Think I need to lie down somewhere.

24 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I completely agree with him - if the league is curtailed, make the announcement now as to what that entails and then crown the champions after the lockdown.

With a big fuck off fiesta - TK will bring the masks. And they should obviously have the club logo on them.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah incredible that. Whatever about before but now you could have a farcical situation where some clubs are playing 2nd legs and getting smashed - wouldn't fancy PSG against Dortmund for example. Sporting integrity my arse.

Raphael Honingstein said there are three options available and all have PSG as champion. It appears they are likely to go the ppg route. Whether they alter relegation/promotion is anyones's guess. Voiding off the table there seemingly. To be fair, even the head of the Dutch FA said it would be hard to deny Liverpool the title - it seemed to be his way of justifying their decision.

I heard 4 premier league clubs could go under in the coming weeks. Haven't a clue who they are but hearing stuff like that make me still think they will find a way to complete it. If not, I think we get it on ppg.

The parade last year was one of the best days of my life. I dreamt of what this season was going to look like, but once we all stay safe on here that is the main thing and number 19 will be sweet in an understated way.

Think you will find one of the 4 is us. Catcher in the cunting rye said so and he can make graphs and stuff.

• Upvote 1

In fairness I couldn’t care less what other fans think or say, let’s be honest if this was Utd or (suspending reality) Everton we’d be pissing ourselves laughing. Shit happens and I’m convinced that we’re absolutely cursed as far as the PL goes, you honestly couldn’t make this shit up.

Dale Johnson
@DaleJohnsonESPN
Worth also adding that with all three of options, there is no guarantee there will be promotion and/or relegation. Ligue 1 could still copy the Dutch blueprint of no promotion and/or relegation. (though I would be amazed if PSG are not champions)

10 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Dale Johnson
@DaleJohnsonESPN
Worth also adding that with all three of options, there is no guarantee there will be promotion and/or relegation. Ligue 1 could still copy the Dutch blueprint of no promotion and/or relegation. (though I would be amazed if PSG are not champions)

If they crown PSG champions, then it would be difficult to deny promotion for the team topping the lower league. They simply have to ensure promotion across all the leagues or they would leave themselves open to legal action, as already seen in the Dutch league.

2 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

If they crown PSG champions, then it would be difficult to deny promotion for the team topping the lower league. They simply have to ensure promotion across all the leagues or they would leave themselves open to legal action, as already seen in the Dutch league.

If it goes to court, it’s a lot easier them to say they treated everyone equally in the event that no champions are crowned. I suspect that’s what the Dutch administrators are banking on.

6 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

If it goes to court, it’s a lot easier them to say they treated everyone equally in the event that no champions are crowned. I suspect that’s what the Dutch administrators are banking on.

The Dutch league did finish on level points that could not be separated  even by PPG so quite a bit easier to get away with rather than a side 12 points clear and the biggest team in France 

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Sigh. This shit is really stressing me out now. Fuck these Dutch cunts. They should just have tossed a coin or something to declare a Champion in their top league.

I know that in England it won't be only up to the PL to decide regarding promotions and relegations. EFL clubs also get a say. It'll all come down to a vote. However the longer this shit goes on, I am no longer completely confident that a majority of English clubs would vote for the right course of action to be taken.

I am prepared for it now, we're bound to be shat on very soon.

If there is another lock down next season and somebody else is well ahead (it won't be 20 odd points ahead I'm fairly sure), and they get awarded the title when we didn't I'll use Gordon Taylor's corpse to beat Andy Fucking Goldstein, Rio Twatting Ferdinand et al to a bloody pulp!

6 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I am prepared for it now, we're bound to be shat on very soon.

If there is another lock down next season and somebody else is well ahead (it won't be 20 odd points ahead I'm fairly sure), and they get awarded the title when we didn't I'll use Gordon Taylor's corpse to beat Andy Fucking Goldstein, Rio Twatting Ferdinand et al to a bloody pulp!

Why would they if we didn’t?