You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Nope. Games will be played.

I hope so, and I hope it pisses off the high and mighty “can’t have football at a time of crisis!” crowd.

I rather resent having to go to put myself at risk to go to work for less than £13 an hour while being told by bitter opposition fans that easily quarantined footballers couldn’t possibly resume playing or that one positive test would see the entire thing collapse. Oh? So do supermarkets / delivery offices and pharmacies close their doors as soon as a member of staff is taken ill with this thing?

• Upvote 4

If we do win it, the anti climax will be bad.  However, it will be hilarious that all these twat fans of other teams have had months of it going back and forth about it being voided/not and the general uncertainty of the situation and prolonging their agony of accepting us winning the league. It will kill loads of them.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

If we do win it, the anti climax will be bad.  However, it will be hilarious that all these twat fans of other teams have had months of it going back and forth about it being voided/not and the general uncertainty of the situation and prolonging their agony of accepting us winning the league. It will kill loads of them.

I think such reactions would go a long way to making up for the anti-climax.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

This is the one time we’ll feel like Everton fans, being delighted that other teams are pissed off.

4 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I hope so, and I hope it pisses off the high and mighty “can’t have football at a time of crisis!” crowd.

I rather resent having to go to put myself at risk to go to work for less than £13 an hour while being told by bitter opposition fans that easily quarantined footballers couldn’t possibly resume playing or that one positive test would see the entire thing collapse. Oh? So do supermarkets / delivery offices and pharmacies close their doors as soon as a member of staff is taken ill with this thing?

£13 an hour? Fucking Rockefeller here. 

In one sense in is anticlimactic, I genuinely have dreamed and imagined the scenes in Anfield, old fellas crying on the Kop, players and Klopp just euphoric with the fans a la the Barca tie. However, seeing the absolute vitriol and hatred aimed at us from all quarters, all these bellends coming out of the woodwork reveling at the thought of us being denied it. Hiding behind the tag “people are dying” the same cunts will be devastated to hear the situation is improving and we’re looking at getting back in June. To finally get that title get that weight of our backs I just cannot wait to stick it to those cunts and laugh at them and we’ll win it again next year.

• Upvote 1

Dutch league might reverse their decision to cancel their season...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eredivisie-could-reverse-decision-end-21935075.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Belgium are considering postponing their vote in the hope of resuming season while Czech leagues one and two are hoping for May 25th restart .

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/29908/11979645/coronavirus-belgian-clubs-postpone-vote-on-ending-season-in-hope-of-resumption

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

Dutch league might reverse their decision to cancel their season...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eredivisie-could-reverse-decision-end-21935075.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Belgium are considering postponing their vote in the hope of resuming season while Czech leagues one and two are hoping for May 25th restart .

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/29908/11979645/coronavirus-belgian-clubs-postpone-vote-on-ending-season-in-hope-of-resumption

Pardew will be fucking gutted 

1 hour ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I dunno. They might if it gets them out of the quandary of relegation / promotion. 

They can get make a decision based on one was definitely going to happen and the promotion/relegation was not definitely going to happen to the teams involved. That wouldn't stop the lawsuits mind.

On 26/04/2020 at 11:57, TK421 said:

The results are in.  Liverpool finish on 56 points. 

I was thinking we could get Neil Ferguson to do a model of models. Get him on all the forums with all the different ways people think the league should be decided and use the history of football to model results. It might even give Everton a derby win. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

That's a Monday.  The 6th of June would seem plausible.  If the other leagues that start up before don't have any major issue, then I suspect the 6th is realistic.   

It could be a Monday. I wouldn't be shocked if when it comes back we see 2 matches a day at 6pm and 8pm every day and perhaps and extra on Saturday and Sunday. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

What you are about to read is genuine. 

arch stanton

arch stanton

Player Valuation: £30m
Players social distancing ? The whole idea is absurd. It’s just the distractionary word that is being peddled around to keep people switching on to sky sports in the hope they get some news either way
perhaps unwittingly, Moise Kean could have put the kibosh of the RS plan for behind closed doors games. We are supposed to be on a harsher lockdown but he (and no doubt lots of other, but more discrete, players) are having massive brass and beak parties. Not a chance the whole squads, TV crews, Hotel staff et al can keep isolated and hopefully MK's exploits will still be in th remind of those making the decisions (the grown ups I mean, not the FA or EPL)

Thank fuck we've got blues players breaking lockdowns to remind everyone football should never restart. 

• Upvote 2

Liverpool have not technically won the league so it obviously they cannot be crowned champions. Oh but it’s ok to let the teams in European qualifying positions have them although they have not qualified, that’s different.

You don’t need to qualify to qualify but you can still qualify.

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

Surprise surprise Michael Ball wants us to follow the Dutch lead

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-could-forced-copy-18159603

I remember this arsehole claiming a moral victory in the Origi derby saying the reason why we celebrated so much, was that we knew that the tide was turning on Merseyside 

If I never hear that cunt sing again it'll be too soon.  

• Upvote 1

They need to follow Dutch soaps and cancel the remaining fixtures but not declare any winners at the soap awards. All story lines this year null and void, start next year with the same characters as last season. If anyone was killed off or shagged someone this season it doesn't count.

People are dying FFS, anyone who cares about Phil Mitchell or Ken Barlow is a despicable human being.

Screenshot_20200428-101040_Twitter.jpg

2 hours ago, Marko121 said:

Surprise surprise Michael Ball wants us to follow the Dutch lead

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-could-forced-copy-18159603

I remember this arsehole claiming a moral victory in the Origi derby saying the reason why we celebrated so much, was that we knew that the tide was turning on Merseyside 

It seems weird that so many ex Everton players in the media are desperate for the season being voided.

Yet the bitter blues all moan about the ex Liverpool players being biased.

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

It seems weird that so many ex Everton players in the media are desperate for the season being voided.

Yet the bitter blues all moan about the ex Liverpool players being biased.

Maniacs the lot of them