You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

31 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

How likely is the talk of a 8th June restart?

That's a Monday.  The 6th of June would seem plausible.  If the other leagues that start up before don't have any major issue, then I suspect the 6th is realistic.   

Surely the season will resume soon? Clubs can't be happy to pay their players all this money for doing nothing, not while the clubs themselves make no money. It's going to be behind closed doors which will be shit but better than nothing. Hopefully there'll be no resistance from players. Tell 'em to play or they don't get paid. 

29 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

All seems a bit coincidental that this seems to be moving at great pace now that Johnson is 'back at work'. 

The country has been a bit rudderless irrespective of what people think of the Prime Minister. That's why I like the US political system more, it has far more checks and balances. If a President is incapacitated or cannot perform his \ her duties for whatever reason, there's a clear process of succession and continued running of Government.

OK, the UK Government kept running but it was effectively neutered for the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Surely the season will resume soon? Clubs can't be happy to pay their players all this money for doing nothing, not while the clubs themselves make no money. It's going to be behind closed doors which will be shit but better than nothing. Hopefully there'll be no resistance from players. Tell 'em to play or they don't get paid. 

giphy.gif

ChiefApprehensiveBorer-size_restricted.g

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

They will also suffer quite heavily financially if this season is voided. Try getting the through to their thick fucking heads. 

You're forgetting their lovely Iranian with his deep pockets, Uncle Uzzy and their fabulous new stadium which definitely exists.

• Upvote 1

Fuck me...From Change.Org.

I saw a few people on the BBC sport website saying there’s a petition and to get it signed. 
I actually think it’s hilarious that us winning the league will actually destroy certain people’s lives 

Cancel the rest of football season and call it void on account of public health and safety

Jasprit Singh Sudan started this petition to English FA

On account of the danger to public health and safety because of the COVID-19 disease spread through the coronavirus, it is essential that we don't continue to organize football matches which will assist in the spread of this deadly illness. 

Competitions like the national leagues in Europe, Champions League, and especially the Premier League which attracts many foreign fans to attend the games should be cancelled indefinitely.

The current season should be announced as null and void with immediate effect since there shouldn't be any attempts to restart it for a few more months so that the situation can cool down. 

It's in the best interest of humanity that we swallow the bitter pill and forget about this football season completely and enter directly into the next season in the coming August with a blank slate. 

Any other benefits to humanity from this move are purely coincidental and should be considered as collateral advantage. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I wonder will the players be warned about their language in the behind closed doors games?  We'll be able to hear them clearly so I'm all for some 3pm "you fucking twat" shouts live on BBC 1.

Doesn’t seem to bother them that there is always the same blert at Goodison that you can hear swearing at the liners at every televised game

17 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Doesn’t seem to bother them that there is always the same blert at Goodison that you can hear swearing at the liners at every televised game

Duncan Ferguson that is. Buckfast in his water bottle. 

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Fuck me...From Change.Org.

I saw a few people on the BBC sport website saying there’s a petition and to get it signed. 
I actually think it’s hilarious that us winning the league will actually destroy certain people’s lives 

Cancel the rest of football season and call it void on account of public health and safety

Jasprit Singh Sudan started this petition to English FA

On account of the danger to public health and safety because of the COVID-19 disease spread through the coronavirus, it is essential that we don't continue to organize football matches which will assist in the spread of this deadly illness. 

Competitions like the national leagues in Europe, Champions League, and especially the Premier League which attracts many foreign fans to attend the games should be cancelled indefinitely.

The current season should be announced as null and void with immediate effect since there shouldn't be any attempts to restart it for a few more months so that the situation can cool down. 

It's in the best interest of humanity that we swallow the bitter pill and forget about this football season completely and enter directly into the next season in the coming August with a blank slate. 

Any other benefits to humanity from this move are purely coincidental and should be considered as collateral advantage. 

That's fucking desparate.

Man it's going to be grim as fuck when the league's voided. It will be like every other side in English football winning the league on the same day. It will be like England winning the world cup for them all. You can bet your arse the idea that Liverpool should show class and void the league themselves that they will be lacking that same class as they celebrate and sing about a pandemic stopping us winning the title. 

What you are about to read is genuine. 

arch stanton

arch stanton

Player Valuation: £30m
Players social distancing ? The whole idea is absurd. It’s just the distractionary word that is being peddled around to keep people switching on to sky sports in the hope they get some news either way
perhaps unwittingly, Moise Kean could have put the kibosh of the RS plan for behind closed doors games. We are supposed to be on a harsher lockdown but he (and no doubt lots of other, but more discrete, players) are having massive brass and beak parties. Not a chance the whole squads, TV crews, Hotel staff et al can keep isolated and hopefully MK's exploits will still be in th remind of those making the decisions (the grown ups I mean, not the FA or EPL)