You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

There is an argument that a new season could start-off with people on the same points as now. 

Would be interesting to try and hit 200 points and win the league.

Or just, you know, complete the current season. There is no chance of a new season starting in the autumn and being completed without massive breaks and matches behind closed doors. 

9 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

There is an argument that a new season could start-off with people on the same points as now. 

Yeah, do we start next year's FA Cup from the 6th round or wherever it got up to as well?

I come on go on this each other day, yesterday I felt a tinge of panic. I think it’s the isolation and complete silence from the club. But today’s over riding sense is there is no way that the FA or PL will have the bottle to take this away from us. You’re taking on the biggest football club in the world, FSG, Nike, Jürgen Klopp and the Liverpool fans. We’re 25 fucking points clear and haven’t won the league in 30 years, we are not letting this fucking go.

13 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

I come on go on this each other day, yesterday I felt a tinge of panic. I think it’s the isolation and complete silence from the club. But today’s over riding sense is there is no way that the FA or PL will have the bottle to take this away from us. You’re taking on the biggest football club in the world, FSG, Nike, Jürgen Klopp and the Liverpool fans. We’re 25 fucking points clear and haven’t won the league in 30 years, we are not letting this fucking go.

Banter cunts up and down the country have 3 versions of hilarious jibes ready to go for cancellation, being handed the league and winning it behind closed doors in the summer.

48 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

If they take this off us we should just fuck off the FA and play in a super league. Blues are showing their true cunt colours over this. Cunts.

Wouldn't have expected anything else. They're probably booing that new You'll Never Walk Alone. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

So city and teams who've spent a fortune improving get 40 games to try and turn it around instead of 9 with what they have. If it was close I'd taking voiding on the chin but Christ it's 25 points a team has never earned this more.

Id reluctantly accept writing off the season if it is also accepted by the shouters that football, along with all professional sports, are stopped for the next 3 to 5 years.

The shouters can fuck off with this voiding it so we can restart in August \ September. If it's ok to start in August September, it's safe to restart and finish the current one in July August.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I honestly don't see how resuming season is going to work unless all players and coaching/medical staff are isolated away from their families until the season is finished.

All you need is one player or staff contracting the virus and it's all over.

Not really, as long as testing is done before each game. ‘Key’ work places aren’t shutting down as soon as an employee tests positive, and unlike professional footballers, staff there don’t have the luxury of guaranteed, on the spot tests.

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Tebas of La Liga saying if your club doesnt turn up for a match when we re start, the points will be given to the opposition and you'll be docked them.

I don’t know about docking, but a walkover for the opposition would be fair in my opinion.

Also good to see him insisting that there will be promotion & relegation regardless of what happens. That’s how a proper, elite competition will handle the issue; it’s irrefutably tinpot to do what the Dutch have.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I honestly don't see how resuming season is going to work unless all players and coaching/medical staff are isolated away from their families until the season is finished.

All you need is one player or staff contracting the virus and it's all over.

Surely that stands for a new season also? In which case, just wait as long as it takes (a week, a month, a year) then resume this season? 

4 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Sure if we’re going to do that then we may as well stick up 7 on the CL section because I think Ramos shafted us out of a CL two seasons ago. 

It’s only number 19 if it’s official. It’d be pure Everton to go around bleating we won it if it wasn’t official. 

Nope that’s completely different.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Someone should ask this bellend what the difference would be if Liverpool were then handed the league title. Can’t be a safety issue as this would also stop football this season in exactly the same way as a voided league. I’d love to see the bluster after that.

Every argument from these twats is: "lives are more important than football".

"Ok then, finish the league as it is and declare Liverpool as champions and the top 4 as it is go in the CL"

"Fuck off, Liverpool can't have the title given to them and it's unfair on other teams"

"You said football isn't important so why does this matter to you?"

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Every argument from these twats is: "lives are more important than football".

"Ok then, finish the league as it is and declare Liverpool as champions and the top 4 as it is go in the CL"

"Fuck off, Liverpool can't have the title given to them and it's unfair on other teams"

"You said football isn't important so why does this matter to you?"

In a nutshell, it’s like arguing with a 3 year old.