You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

I see duck face is at it again. 

I still don't see voiding a season makes the whole country safer ? I mean we aren't playing football at the minute and no one is pushing for it to be played until is safe to do so . Yet this cunt is on BT (no doubt being paid) for talking about it though. But hey it's not agenda driven which for me kind of makes it pretty shitty that he's using the pandemic  or that very  reason.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6584769-rio-ferdinand-insists-league-season-needs-to-be-voided-takes-swipe-at-liverpool-supporters/partners/40776

2 hours ago, redinblack62 said:

I dont see the bit where it is "handed to us". We have beaten everyone in the league. Everyone.

I want us to win it outright not by default. Fair enough if most are happy to take it. I’ll still be made up but call me a cunt all you like, I want it signed sealed and delivered properly. 

Liverpool win title

Liverpool handed title

Oil buys title

3 hours ago, Stickman said:

I see duck face is at it again. 

I still don't see voiding a season makes the whole country safer ? I mean we aren't playing football at the minute and no one is pushing for it to be played until is safe to do so . Yet this cunt is on BT (no doubt being paid) for talking about it though. But hey it's not agenda driven which for me kind of makes it pretty shitty that he's using the pandemic  or that very  reason.

https://www.90min.com/posts/6584769-rio-ferdinand-insists-league-season-needs-to-be-voided-takes-swipe-at-liverpool-supporters/partners/40776

Never take any guy seriously that cheated on his wife who died if cancer. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Not sure what the cancer comment has to do with him cheating. Shallow dig to be honest. 

Because it shows how much of a scum bag he really is. His wife battled cancer for years but he was still out and about shagging other woman. 

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Because it shows how much of a scum bag he really is. His wife battled cancer for years but he was still out and about shagging other woman. 

I think digging someone out by mentioning his wife cancer is a scumbag thing to do. 

No doubt he is a super cunt but fucking hell have some awareness will you. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I want us to win it outright not by default. Fair enough if most are happy to take it. I’ll still be made up but call me a cunt all you like, I want it signed sealed and delivered properly. 

Im not going to call you a cunt, but given we are in exceptional circumstances given the exceptional performances we have given - we have pretty much knocked fuck out of everyone we have played, not just beaten them - then ill take it. ANd then we will win it again over 38 games next season......virus willing.....

The simplest solution would be to just end the season and have the current table be final, fairness be damned. No one would go for that, but this obsession with finishing a season when the timeline is uncertain is stupid. So is outright cancelling the season and voiding the results as if nothing happened. 

Assuming the rumours of the PL hammering out a deal with the government are correct, I still believe it’ll be done in some form behind closed doors across the summer, perhaps finishing as late as September. The only question is when and where; I suspect the concept of home and away games will be out of the window for an extended period of time, and I think it’s clear that all existing timetables are out of the window, contracts and kit deals be damned.

If fans and travel are involved, the next season would almost certainly have to start in October with the strong possibility of having to revert to closed doors play next winter, so completing this season would be a good way to iron out as many kinks as possible.

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

The simplest solution would be to just end the season and have the current table be final, fairness be damned. No one would go for that, but this obsession with finishing a season when the timeline is uncertain is stupid. So is outright cancelling the season and voiding the results as if nothing happened. 

I think the best way to finish it is to have some kind of Duckworth Lewis method, it will always be an asterix season unfortunately but at least we’ll still be official champions.

Just now, Captain Howdy said:

I think the best way to finish it is to have some kind of Duckworth Lewis method, it will always be an asterix season unfortunately but at least we’ll still be official champions.

The Sunday Times today said that the goalposts might be shifted to getting each team to 29 games and calling it a day. Two games would need to be completed - Man City vs Arsenal and Aston Villa vs Sheffield United.

Harsh on some, but much fairer than voiding the season; there will doubtless be lawsuits regardless, but it’s a better damage limitation exercise than going nuclear.  

1 hour ago, redinblack62 said:

Im not going to call you a cunt, but given we are in exceptional circumstances given the exceptional performances we have given - we have pretty much knocked fuck out of everyone we have played, not just beaten them - then ill take it. ANd then we will win it again over 38 games next season......virus willing.....

Nice one x 

The numbers are going to become worse and worse in the next few weeks. In fact, given the ineptitude by Boris with his herd immunity shit for several weeks, we could end up worse than Italy. 

However, the government cannot make the fa finish the season early. Nothing has changed from yesterday when the news seemed to be that the season would be completed albeit in June or July behind closed doors. I still believe that it will be months before it's up again but the ultimate reason for them finishing this season before thinking about 20/21 is because it would be ridiculous to do so given the gigantic shit show financially that would be hitting them, rather than any great sense of doing the right thing.

Every fucker in a rush to void this season but theres no fucking guarantee next season will even start ffs. 

This whole void this season is solely down to Liverpool being 25 points clear and becoming champions. 

I see the Crayon eater has now had his say.

If football has become a place where cheats can prosper and get to keep their tarnished rewards but we are denied the title then I want fuck all to do with it anymore as the game as we grew up loving is dead. 

Last season was fucking bad enough and the Gerrard slip but this would be soul destroying. 

I can see the twats at the Premier League take great delight in denying us the title. 

6 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Every fucker in a rush to void this season but theres no fucking guarantee next season will even start ffs. 

This whole void this season is solely down to Liverpool being 25 points clear and becoming champions. 

I see the Crayon eater has now had his say.

If football has become a place where cheats can prosper and get to keep their tarnished rewards but we are denied the title then I want fuck all to do with it anymore as the game as we grew up loving is dead. 

Last season was fucking bad enough and the Gerrard slip but this would be soul destroying. 

I can see the twats at the Premier League take great delight in denying us the title. 

Not when they see all the lawsuits coming in. United want the season completed to get in to the cl. No club would gain from it not being completed. 

Leaving aside the serious threat the World is facing, it doesnt sound good when you hear chief medical people saying things could be bad for 6 months. That could be they want to push the seriousness and get these people who flout the 'dont go outside' message to wise up.

I think we should stop using the term void the season though. Void means it doesnt count. If it's curtailed, shortened whatever, that's a different slant. The hope I cling to is this fucking thing does start to abate as it has in China so games can continue even if behind closed doors.

Am I a cunt for wanting the season to finish? Well, I might be but Im not as big a cunt as those proclaiming their joy at it as a means to stop Liverpool.

Again, I hope European leagues that have been suspended are as one in determining the outcome. If they all decide to end their season as it is and declare champions, all well and good. If we're champions of a shortened season, so be it. If they do 'void' it and we arent, I'll be gutted but it will be what it is.

Stay safe.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Leaving aside the serious threat the World is facing, it doesnt sound good when you hear chief medical people saying things could be bad for 6 months. That could be they want to push the seriousness and get these people who flout the 'dont go outside' message to wise up.

I dont mean to be cynical, but I just am, but it could be that business bullshit of "under promise, over deliver"......Im assuming its going to be around a while myself...so if its under control earlier its trebles all round.......wish it was as simple as that.....