You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

The most important of the least important things. At the beginning of 2020 I was worrying about a 3rd world war kicking off because of the US and Iran and stopping us winning the league, it settled down all was good. Cue global pandemic from the wet markets of China shutting down the entire planet. 2020... The fuck!

32 minutes ago, ManéMan said:

Anyone with Virgin Media? I spoke with a couple of advisors but they have been unhelpful regarding their sports packages.

Virgin you say? I know Branson isn’t involved anymore and yet the stench is strong. 

1 hour ago, Wicket said:

Latest is that BT as of yesterday are saying ring in to discuss your options, but the lines are rammed. Sky now have their pause option online but the website is buckling under the strain. 

need to get this sorted as I’ll be saving about £50 a month, which I’d rather have in my pocket 

I finally managed to 'pause' my Sky Sports payments yesterday. Tried through the website and just got a 'page unavailable' message. Logged into my account and was suddenly presented with a screen that said Im in a queue to pause payments and would be sorted in 60 seconds. Nope!

Then I saw someone said using the My Sky app did it in seconds. Nope! Took an absolute age to find the relevant page to pause and even then, that was by accident. Once Id got that,'pausing' was quick but the only confirmation I got was a screen saying my 'new channels' would be added soon.

The only way I got confirmation was a couple of hours later finding my next bill due in April had reduced by about 30 quid. The bad news is for May's bill, Sky's across the board increase adds another 12 quid to my bill. Twats. Ive had enough of them and wont be renewing my Sky Sports package when it's due.

BT on the other hand arent budging, last I heard it's 1 free month or cancel and then they hit you with cancelation charges. Cunts, I'll be dropping BT Sport when that's up for renewal as well.

Be interesting to see what the club does with seasie ticket renewals. They were going to invite these in April but whether they postpone or not given the circumstances I guess we'll have to wait.

• Upvote 1

Premier League hoping to re start 1 June, play games behind closed doors and complete the season within 6 weeks. Then start the 2020 / 21 season on 8 August.

Story behind telegraph paywall. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/21/exclusive-premier-league-considers-plan-resume-games-june-1/

The Premier League is tentatively scheduling a plan which involves games starting from June 1, which would allow them to finish the season within the space of six weeks and begin the 2020-2021 campaign on August 8, heading off a financial catastrophe for clubs carrying huge wage bills.

The June 1 start date, in ten weeks’ time, remains a target rather than anything approaching a certainty but with the postponement of the European championships by Uefa this week this is one of the best-case scenarios being considered by the Premier League and the Football League. The games would be behind closed doors, which is by now a universally accepted proviso, and would need the government to sanction the presence of emergency crews within the ground....

That actually seems sensible and doable.

We're going to really see which clubs' sports science departments are dialed in this coming season. If you start with a really intense 6-week mini-season to finish the year before, it's going to have big effects down the line when you get to Christmas on the players' fitness.

I predict we see a lot more rotation next season than we have in the past. I also predict that the Carling Cup (or whatever it is now) will disappear.

19 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

We're going to really see which clubs' sports science departments are dialed in this coming season. If you start with a really intense 6-week mini-season to finish the year before, it's going to have big effects down the line when you get to Christmas on the players' fitness.

That why as soon as we get over the line the likes of Mane, Salah etc should be rested. 

7 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Win the thing asap and put the young lads in for the rest of the season. We will have a huge advantage for next season.

I'm sure City will just do the same once it's gone. 

37 minutes ago, kemskem said:

I don’t think we’d put our feet up because we’d still be expected to field strong teams against sides in a relegation fight or going for European football.

Yeah, if other teams are willing to carry on so that we can win the league, it's only fair that we field strong line-ups. We can give our players plenty of rest with rotation.

38 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

One big question though, in what physical shape will the players be ? There could be huge difference between players, between teams, making every have more of a gamble ....

Well players have been given training regimes although by the time games re start they wont be match fit. But that will apply across the board of all clubs. Effectively it will be like pre season. I dont think there will be a great variance in fitness across clubs when the games start.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, J-V said:

May as well win the first two games and forfeit the rest of them then.  No point putting anyone at risk.

Why? The players normally play all summer anyway, get 3 weeks off where they maintain fitness and start again. Between now and whenever football restarts, they're going to get the break of their lives. We've got to get them through till may and then it'll be the euros. I'm not arsed if they drop off a cliff fitness wise wise for the euros. If we just play our main players in 2 games it'll mean they've had 2 competitive matches in 5 months. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

If you use SKY online to pause your subscription,then get to the end only for it to say "technical difficulties  please try again etc" go to your accounts and check future bills.I did it several times, then for May it now says SKY SPORTS paused - £28.00.

Nice one, thanks for the tip. Just checked my future bill and it’s showing free for May now and has updated April too. 

Have some rep!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I finally managed to 'pause' my Sky Sports payments yesterday. Tried through the website and just got a 'page unavailable' message. Logged into my account and was suddenly presented with a screen that said Im in a queue to pause payments and would be sorted in 60 seconds. Nope!

Then I saw someone said using the My Sky app did it in seconds. Nope! Took an absolute age to find the relevant page to pause and even then, that was by accident. Once Id got that,'pausing' was quick but the only confirmation I got was a screen saying my 'new channels' would be added soon.

The only way I got confirmation was a couple of hours later finding my next bill due in April had reduced by about 30 quid. The bad news is for May's bill, Sky's across the board increase adds another 12 quid to my bill. Twats. Ive had enough of them and wont be renewing my Sky Sports package when it's due.

BT on the other hand arent budging, last I heard it's 1 free month or cancel and then they hit you with cancelation charges. Cunts, I'll be dropping BT Sport when that's up for renewal as well.

Be interesting to see what the club does with seasie ticket renewals. They were going to invite these in April but whether they postpone or not given the circumstances I guess we'll have to wait.

I’ll be cancelling BT as well. For varying reasons a lot of companies are going to be on shit lists after all this eventually settles down.