You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

13 hours ago, kemskem said:

Would the gamble be any greater than in the final weeks of their former contracts (unless any clubs they had pre-contract agreements with told them deals were off if they didn’t sign when originally planned)?

No - but they probably wouldn't choose to roll the dice over and over.

8 hours ago, Lisa said:

I called up this morning to do this, it took me 50 minutes to get through.  They cancelled my Sky Sports subscription rather than paused it.  I suppose it depends on how long you have left on your contract with them.  I also cancelled BT sports, this was a 30 minute wait.

Did the same and it took about half an hour, just make sure you use the 0800 151 2747 number in the UK not the 0345 one. 

They are a bit useless. I am going to have to phone them back as they appear to have cancelled my Sky Movies as well according to the confirmation email. It also says the cancellation  doesn't take effect for 30 days.

14 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Did the same and it took about half an hour, just make sure you use the 0800 151 2747 number in the UK not the 0345 one. 

They are a bit useless. I am going to have to phone them back as they appear to have cancelled my Sky Movies as well according to the confirmation email. It also says the cancellation  doesn't take effect for 30 days.

Ive heard you have to ask for the 'Value' team if you want to suspend. If you get through to ordinary accounts team, they think you're cancelling. Im hanging fire for a week or so to see how things shape up but, at this rate even the missus' favourite tv programmes are stopping production. It might mean there's fuck all to watch soon!

As far as the footie goes, you listen to all the doommongers and others and you swing from thinking the season wont finish, to it will belatedly back to it wont again.

I think the big call is going to be whether the big European leagues in Spain, Italy, germany and lesser extent France, Portugal and other league around Europe all want and try to finish their leagues. If the bigger leagues give up, I think we'll be fucked and the PL will follow suit. Just why European Leagues have allowed UEFA to dictate the end of June to finish leagues, I dont know. Sure, there was a caveat about if things dont change but Id have preferred UEFA to just say we want all leagues to finish before the next one is even thinking of starting.

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Hopefully them lot at BT Sport will pull their finger out as well.

BT need to step up and do the pause thing too, I was told the other day that I'm in contract until September so couldn't cancel. Argued that they aren't really providing what I'm paying for but I think that legally I'm on sticky ground because they are still broadcasting. In fairness to the chap I spoke to on the phone he said that they were looking at things for this precise reason so I just left it and am keeping an eye on it for a few days.

29 minutes ago, Wicket said:

BT need to step up and do the pause thing too, I was told the other day that I'm in contract until September so couldn't cancel. Argued that they aren't really providing what I'm paying for but I think that legally I'm on sticky ground because they are still broadcasting. In fairness to the chap I spoke to on the phone he said that they were looking at things for this precise reason so I just left it and am keeping an eye on it for a few days.

Thanks for that update.

There needs to agreement across Europe, if England calls a halt now but Italy waits until October then the European Competitions can't proceed. Everyone needs to align as close as possible, the football league have said they will finish up no matter how long it takes, the PL has to be on board with that for promotion relegation purposes. 

We have 9 games to play. The season could be completed in 2.5 weeks if all teams played Satdee, Monday, Thursday and Satdee again. Same for everyone so no whingeing about fixture congestion.

Not sure when it can start but if it delays next season far enough everyone could agree to a one off where everyone plays everyone else just the once. That would create some distortion and so a play off system as employed in both Rugby codes could be employed to decide the Champions and other crucial positions.

Season 21/22 gets back to normal.

1 minute ago, Barnesey said:

We have 9 games to play. The season could be completed in 2.5 weeks if all teams played Satdee, Monday, Thursday and Satdee again. Same for everyone so no whingeing about fixture congestion.

Are you serious? The club have millions of dollars invested in these athletes, for years to come, and the plan is to have them come out of hibernation and play 4 games a week??