You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ah, the vultures aka lawyers are spouting their two penny's worth if the season is restarted, not restarted blah, blah, fucking blah.

Oh and by the way, Moyes is another now said not to be with the virus. These games have got to be restarted 4 April or soon after.

I could see some sort of scenario were teams facing the drop possibly could not be in a position to fulfill fixture(s)  to try and void the season . West ham seem to be well down the path of disaster planning and I ain't talking Corona virus. 

8 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51901183

Italian FA publicly calling for the Euros to be postponed in order for them to have a chance at finishing the domestic campaign.

It is actually good news that other European Leagues are at least talking positively about finishing their league's season. If a number of them, especially the senior leagues, were talking the opposite, it would make it harder for the PL to go it alone.

When Chile went into meltdown last year their football season was ended early with Universidad Catolica being declared champions with a 13 point lead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world/chile-protests-chilean-primera-division-universidad-catolica-latest-update-champions-league-season-a9227411.html%3famp

35 minutes ago, an tha said:

I see Rooney has been having a cry 

Stupid twat - what would he do if he had to work on the frontline of the NHS right now?

Apart from hang around the elderly hoping to get a shag of course.

Hell be offering some rent free rooms in his gaff to the over 70s soon. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, an tha said:

Stupid twat - what would he do if he had to work on the frontline of the NHS right now?

Old Woman ‘ hey love could I have a cup of tea’

Rooney ‘ ooh Mrs Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?’

I see Brady has started back tracking today. I reckon she was hoping for some support and wasn't expecting to be called out as a self serving cunt by the mainstream media. 

In other news, I was listening to yesterday's BBC football daily earlier. Ian Dennis spoke the most sense I've heard so far. He was basically saying the only valid sporting thing to do if we want to think of the whole footballing pyramid is to finish this season. Get it done, let people get their positions for relegation and promotion and then work out what that means for next season. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

When Chile went into meltdown last year their football season was ended early with Universidad Catolica being declared champions with a 13 point lead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/world/chile-protests-chilean-primera-division-universidad-catolica-latest-update-champions-league-season-a9227411.html%3famp

That's what happened with Partizan too. When the NATO bombings on Yugoslavia started. They'd played 24 out of 34 games and were 2 points clear. This bit requires confirmation, but social media folk say that the league was due to commence at a later date, but UEFA awarded them the title anyway. 

20 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

If it ever comes to a point where the season can't be finished, I reckon the clubs would just agree to award us the title. Our lead is too substantial and the clubs wouldn't be small time enough to say we couldn't have it.

20200315_225348.jpg

19 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

20200315_225348.jpg

Even them, United and Everton would be fine with it. What are they supposed to say:" No they don't deserve it because we don't like them"? We're 25 points ahead.

The best look for the clubs and the league is to just get that problem over with and give us the league, in the event there is no end to the season. It's small potatoes compared to the relegation/promotion/financial questions anyway. 

France will close down tomorrow or Tuesday I’m told. 

one week ago we were mocking stupid Italy, now we’re doing that they did. 

That will be the same in the UK soon. 

I’m afraid football is going to get relegated to the latest priority. And I’ve been waiting this title for 30 yard and last Wednesday I was so mad we went out. Now I can see it’s not important. 

It’s only my point of view that I share with you mates. 

it’s scary how the mood and the epidemic situation have changed in two days.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Even them, United and Everton would be fine with it. What are they supposed to say:" No they don't deserve it because we don't like them"? We're 25 points ahead.

The best look for the clubs and the league is to just get that problem over with and give us the league, in the event there is no end to the season. It's small potatoes compared to the relegation/promotion/financial questions anyway. 

I was only joshing mate. Just wanted to post that pic

13 hours ago, an tha said:

Andy why with his article column header does he have to try and look like a cross between Roger Moore and Brian Blessed...

Image result for wayne rooney the times

Rooney is such a thick pillock.  Moaning because he might have to face the same risk in his working life as millions of others do to keep this country running on an annual wage  equivalent to what he makes in a couple of days. 

• Upvote 7

If the games can't be played, calculate each teams average points over last five games, which best represents recent form and award that number of points for the outstanding games. This would be the fairest way to calculate who wins titles, promotions and qualifications and who gets relegated. Voiding the season only punishes the successful and rewards the losers.

12 hours ago, KMD7 said:

20200315_225348.jpg

In fairness to him, he's been saying that they won't be winning the league this year for a good while now.

The really contentious issues will be the relegation/promotion and the Champions League places.

The promotion of Leeds and West Brom with nobody going down and a 42 game season with no League Cup next time around is actually a pretty smart solution, given the unprecedented circumstances. The Champions League thing will be a legal mess though.

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

In fairness to him, he's been saying that they won't be winning the league this year for a good while now.

The really contentious issues will be the relegation/promotion and the Champions League places.

The promotion of Leeds and West Brom with nobody going down and a 42 game season with no League Cup next time around is actually a pretty smart solution, given the unprecedented circumstances. The Champions League thing will be a legal mess though.

I think that's a good idea, one solution for the champions league would be to just have a knock out competition between the actual champions of each league, like they did in the good ole days. 

It's all well and good saying have a 22 team league with Leeds and West Brom, but neither of them had secured automatic promotion, and even if they had, what of the third promotion place via the playoffs? All those teams in contention for that would be suing the PL for potential lost earnings.

The season has to be completed before a new one starts. It's the only way to avoid all kinds of legal proceedings.

• Upvote 6