You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Let our players and the city players isolate for the next few weeks. We win and then it's job done.

Knowing our luck, we will draw and in the following days, world war 3 would break out.

In reality, there is too much at stake for the season not to be finished. The Premier League, Sky, BT, Uefa etc won't let it happen.

We will be okay regarding winning the league. When the dust settles from this drama, I just hope that a lot of us aren't losing loved ones.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

If it gets cancelled and they decide to fuck us over and not award us with the win then we award ourselves.  We write 19 on the wall and we go from there.  Simple as.

Said earlier we should even get our own trophy made and inscribed.

10 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

And here’s Miguel Delaney, contradicting Sam Wallace and claiming that there are clubs who want the season voided and that the Tory government has decided that its previous advise of stadium sports being a-okay might be bunk, and that football will be shut down until at least September.

He does say that voiding the entire thing is seen as unlikely though!

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-news-premier-league-champions-europa-cobra-meeting-a9401466.html

Not sure he's contradicting him, strictly speaking. Wallace says no clubs demanded a void, whereas Delaney says some are keen on it. Both could be true.

My guess would be that those who'd benefit from a voided season are, indeed, keen. However, they won't raise the prospect too soon, as their motives will be obvious.

• Upvote 1

The one thing you can gaurantee in a crisis, is that every cunt in position of authority has their own agenda.

I really find it hard to believe any club would actively want the season to be voided to save them from being relegated especially when faced with fans, tv companies and sponsors wanting their money back because the season counts for fuck all, never mind sporting integrity.

And to think rival supporters slate this guy. 

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

And to think rival supporters slate this guy. 

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

Loads of them have in some sports pages. Unbelievable really.

Some of these clubs who are allegedly asking for the league to be null and voided need to be careful of what they wish for

Surely a nil and void season would mean no PL prize money per team???

Take a team who has recently posted a large £112m loss and is at risk of breaching FFP, finishing I don’t know let’s say 12th would probably receive about £120m this year?

That’s a big amount to fore go

Or I’m just talking bollocks