You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

8 minutes ago, moof said:

It’ll be cruel after the effort we’ve put into it, but there’s always the next challenge, next game, next trophy. We’ll go again 

IF it gets voided i am not sure we will.

City will throw their unlimited riches around more freely than ever as they are stung like fuck about us this year....competing with that will be virtually impossible.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

It's been two full years - there is no better side in the world.

We will be odds on for the league nxt year

There really is no guarantee of anything. Like I said, City will be spending shitloads to catch up with us and in the end, money usually wins. Besides, imagine how demoralised the club and players would be if they were denied the title? That could really knock the stuffing out of the players.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Mass hysteria and doomsday prophets are a bigger 'problem' IMO.

Yes, people on the internet possibly overestimating the impact of this disease is far worse than the medical triage that is currently going on in Italian hospitals and the overwhelming amount of dead bodies in Iran which is causing them to have to dig mass burial trenches. 

• Upvote 1

If they cancel the season I'm done with football. Those cunts in the meeting tomorrow will do everything to have it cancelled to stop us winning the League.

I know theres a bigger issue here but you just know the people in that meeting will do everything to stop us. It's going to be cancelled and voided. 

I can see it being

Oil cunts

Manc cunts

Bitters

Spurs

Chavs

Arsenal

The football gods truely do fucking hate us. We're never going to win the title. 

Honestly, there's no difference in giving it to us or not other than we feel rewarded for the great season we've had.

Surely we deserve at least that because we're so far ahead. If the season is cancelled they might actually do it, because what we've managed isn't any type of ordinary seasons advantage. They might respect that at least, so don't lose all hope.

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

Honestly that's exactly how I feel. I don't think I could watch football anymore

You'd have to question the entire fucking point of investing so much time, money and emotion in the whole thing if it can be snatched away from you because some cunt caught a cold.

• Upvote 1

- Delay the Euros a year. 

- Give teams the option of removing themselves from the League Cup.

- Cancel two international windows.

We're in the middle of March. The season could be put on hold for 4 months, resume in mid-July and be done by the end of August. By taking those measures you could start the following season 3 weeks later, which would be roughly a month later than usual and still finish by the end of May/early June 2021. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Yes, people on the internet possibly overestimating the impact of this disease is far worse than the medical triage that is currently going on in Italian hospitals and the overwhelming amount of dead bodies in Iran which is causing them to have to dig mass burial trenches. 

Yeah cos that is what i said isn't it - shithouse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

If they cancel the season I'm done with football. Those cunts in the meeting tomorrow will do everything to have it cancelled to stop us winning the League.

I know theres a bigger issue here but you just know the people in that meeting will do everything to stop us. It's going to be cancelled and voided. 

I can see it being

Oil cunts

Manc cunts

Bitters

Spurs

Chavs

Arsenal

The football gods truely do fucking hate us. We're never going to win the title. 

Not just them. Relegation candidates too - all would vote to void.

2 minutes ago, Baltar said:

There really is no guarantee of anything. Like I said, City will be spending shitloads to catch up with us and in the end, money usually wins. Besides, imagine how demoralised the club and players would be if they were denied the title? That could really knock the stuffing out of the players.

Yea - they could either all look at each other and shrug getting on with the next game (as per the ethos) or they could crack.

Agreed it would be a massive kick in the nuts.

The reality is - we show up next week or six months from now - we are still one of the best teams around. Anywhere.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

The club should just award themselves a title. Who fucking cares if anyone else acknowledges it. Draw it on the wall.

Could basically refuse to play future domestic fixtures until it’s acknowledged, given the extraordinary circumstances. It would be interesting seeing the Premier League flailing around trying to firefight that one, anyway.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Honestly, there's no difference in giving it to us or not other than we feel rewarded for the great season we've had.

Surely we deserve at least that because we're so far ahead. If the season is cancelled they might actually do it, because what we've managed isn't any type of ordinary seasons advantage. They might respect that at least, so don't lose all hope.

Yeah, that's what I was saying earlier. Again, possibly naive, but I doubt any other club could object to that.

We are 25 points clear. If this was a boxing match the ref would have stopped the fight months ago. Every single person knows we have won this league fair and square. Every single person knows we have been easily the best team and we fucking deserve that fucking trophy.

If the baldy bastard has a single shred of honour or decency then he should walked the length of the East Lancs, bare foot and bowed, and present that trophy in person to our captain.

We are the motherfucking champions. End of fucking story.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not verbatim, obviously, you moron. It's just that you're oblivious to the severity of the situation.  

People are going to be pissed off when one of the greatest league runs ever and 6 points short of the first title in decades could end with a voided season that could've been postponed. Probably a bad time for calling people pissed off at that morons really.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not verbatim, obviously, you moron. It's just that you're oblivious to the severity of the situation.  

No i am not oblivious to the situation and thanks for admitting you misquoted me.

I know the numbers - they are freely available.

I also know that the people running this country and their expert advisers, departments etc have today set out their updated plans - none of which at this stage called for stopping the country from functioning, but they did have advice of how we all can help slow spread etc.

There was no call either to suspend sport/ban people attending etc at this stage - 6/7,000 people have been at the echo arena tonight watching darts.

But you already knew that - if you wanna score silly points on an internet forum over it knock yourself out - it makes you a snide, shithouse in my book, but there you go.

• Upvote 3

PL meeting tomorrow is just to discuss the parade route for the World, European and English champions.

It's an emergency because they need to figure out how Arsenal fans can attend despite half of the fuckers having the plague.

Everyone relax.

If the other teams vote to void the season without ensuring we are acknowledged as Champions we should just have our own trophy made with our name on it and Champions 19/20, change the wall to 19 titles, and just fucking take it anyway. 

• Upvote 1