You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

15 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Looking inevitable that this is going to be taken away from us. 

14 minutes ago, Special K said:

That's it, the title's fucking gone hasn't it?

It will be suspended, not cancelled yet. We'll just have to wait and see what the situation is like in a few weeks/months. Even if it has to be abandoned, we may (should) still be awarded the title, which is exactly what happened in Chile last season, which is the closest we have to go on at the moment. Bundesliga also seemingly talking about keeping the current table but no relegated teams, just a league expansion next season like Chile (although unlikely to award a champion title as they don't have a clear leader). This is still a plausible scenario. I'm as pessimist as they come, but no reason to commit seppuku just yet.

Talk that the Bundesliga and la liga might be voided. 

More important things than football but fucking hell that's grim. To lose out last year like they did and to perform like this this year and getting it taken away. That's going to fuck with the players heads

15 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Except they didnt express their freedom. They were put in lock down and it didnt stop one incidence of the virus. Like I said, the murder rate in NYC is likely higher than the virus yet the city isnt in lock down due to that.

That's an embarrassing response. There is a delay of 4 to 14 days for cases to develop symptoms and the disease can last up to 2 and a half weeks. That means it will take weeks for the effect of the lock down to reflect in the numbers. Had they continued what they were doing before they would be a million times more fucked than they already are. An Italy situation could easily happen in the UK. Stop talking about stuff you didn't look into and get informed. All the information is out there. 

Maybe I'm being a drama queen, but if the season is voided and they take our title away, I will be done with football. I can't think of anything in sport that would be so unfair and devastating. I really can't see me having any enthusiasm left for the game if that happens. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Less than 6,000 people have died of this worldwide and less than 10% of the cases of it have been categorised as 'serious'

90% categorised as 'mild' yet we have people (not necessarily) here saying millions are gonna die.

Laughable

People like you are part of the problem. 

Suspension is likely.  

It would be interesting to understand what PL rule book states. I.e. what options are available. voiding may be an option but there may be others. 

what about teams in championship who are playing for a place in PL. You can’t arbitrarily just say Leeds and WBA are promoted. 

if it is voided I’m done. Not because I don’t understand the greater good but I can’t go through another season like the last couple of seasons again. It’s not fair on my family. 

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Maybe I'm being a drama queen, but if the season is voided and they take our title away, I will be done with football. I can't think of anything in sport that would be so unfair and devastating. I really can't see me having any enthusiasm left for the game if that happens. 

Yep - agreed. 

Even though your username backward is Ratlab - which is pretty fuckin close to Batlab, I agree.

4 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Honestly that's exactly how I feel. I don't think I could watch football anymore

The Premier League tweet on the meeting tomorrow is full of people saying "cancel it", obvious why. You'd think hate would be more reserved for say, I don't know, a fucking oil club dominating the league, not a club that's played as well as we have and could win for the first time in decades.

We can't postpone it, got to cancel so Liverpool don't win.

What a bunch of fucking morons. We know who the best team was this season and who ended up 25 points ahead if it's done and nothing is voiding that fact no matter what happens. They can just carry on being pathetic.

Just now, AdamD said:

Suspension is likely.  

It would be interesting to understand what PL rule book states. I.e. what options are available. voiding may be an option but there may be others. 

what about teams in championship who are playing for a place in PL. You can’t arbitrarily just say Leeds and WBA are promoted. 

if it is voided I’m done. Not because I don’t understand the greater good but I can’t go through another season like the last couple of seasons again. It’s not fair on my family. 

There's nothing in the PL rulebook about season suspension or curtailment. The view is it would need an exceptional event and in such circumstances, saying who'd be relegated, champions etc is not important.

Personally I dont think the season will be curtailed. At worst, it will be suspended and re started.

1 minute ago, moof said:

It’ll be cruel after the effort we’ve put into it, but there’s always the next challenge, next game, next trophy. We’ll go again 

Balls to that. Those cheating scumbags in Manchester now know they can't compete with us on fair terms and will spend another billion to win another title. There's no competing against a club like that. Only a miraculous season and a superhuman effort has got us to where we are. We are never repeating what we have done this season, no club is. If they void the season and take away the title that is rightfully ours, we could be waiting another 30 years to win it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

People like you are part of the problem. 

Did you go work today?

Use a cash machine?

Press a button at a road crossing?

Press button in a lift?

Ring bell on a bus?

Open a door?

Use a touch screen?

Hold onto a hand rail on a train or bus?

Or any of the normal day to day things we all do - what do you want eh, fucking total lock down?

Nobody doing anything is just not feasible and going the match is just a part of life, like all those things above and many more.

Mass hysteria and doomsday prophets are a bigger 'problem' IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Balls to that. Those cheating scumbags in Manchester now know they can't compete with us on fair terms and will spend another billion to win another title. There's no competing against a club like that. Only a miraculous season and a superhuman effort has got us to where we are. We are never repeating what we have done this season, no club is. If they void the season and take away the title that is rightfully ours, we could be waiting another 30 years to win it. 

Yep. Not worth the investment as far as I’m concerned - who's to say there wouldn’t be some other calamity that stopped the next challenge?

If we were awarded the title due to the massive lead we have it'd be great to laugh and the stupid twats up and down the country crying. Sick of them. Like I said, we're not some fucking oil club dominating the league, we're trying to win for the first time in decades and we're miles ahead with just 6 points needed, they can all fuck off with this stupidity.