You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Just now, an tha said:

Of course it is

Right. Still going ahead with massive public gatherings like football matches whilst every other country has decided to stop them is good news. Some people are living on a different planet right now. Ignorance really is bliss. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Right. Still going ahead with massive public gatherings like football matches whilst every other country has decided to stop them is good news. Some people are living on a different planet right now. Ignorance really is bliss. 

Really? I bet the murder rate in NYC is higher than this virus yet the Mayor has just declared a state of emergency. If you dont want to go to sporting events, stay away. Im happy to still turn up at Anfield if the games on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Really? I bet the murder rate in NYC is higher than this virus yet the Mayor has just declared a state of emergency. If you dont want to go to sporting events, stay away. Im happy to still turn up at Anfield if the games on.

Wow, how brave. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Behave.

The risks are minimal - more risk going about you daily life at work, on buses, trains, in the ale house etc.

The government and their advisers are not suggesting everything needs to stop right now so carry on.

Just now, Red House said:

It's getting suspended in the morning.

They still better give us that freaking title whichever way this plays out.

We'll see. I suspect if the games can’t be played that it will be left blank. Definitely renders all football pointless going forward if that’s the case though - you just won't know if you’re investing time and money in something that can be wiped out on a whim, and that’s not something I’m fussed to indulge in.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Many Italians expressed their freedom of choice a couple weeks ago. That went well. Like I said, some people are in dreamland. 

Except they didnt express their freedom. They were put in lock down and it didnt stop one incidence of the virus. Like I said, the murder rate in NYC is likely higher than the virus yet the city isnt in lock down due to that.

• Downvote 1