You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Guest Pistonbroke

If games are to be played behind closed doors I await the first club to whine about the outcome of a result which plunges them deeper into a relegation fight/ further away from play offs. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Surely gather lack of the crowd booing is an advantage for the bitters?

Our superior PEDS will come to the fore on Monday. 

25 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

They cleared customs at last. 

A mate of mine has a Sports degree, he reckons we’ve had trouble getting hold of the PEDS on account of the Coronavirus, but they are supposed to be arriving at Melwood on Monday morning via DHL, just enough time to pop them and increase their stamina and muscle for Monday night. 

• Upvote 1

517 people infected in Denmark and the goverment have shut the country down for two weeks from friday. All schools and goverment employed people, only emergency staff at hospital are sentenced to work. The rest gets a two week holiday. Guess my wife have to work, not sure yet. 

1 hour ago, Wicket said:

Can’t see CL being completed at all this season. It’s going to be touch and go domestically but with the Juventus and Inter players being in isolation it’s not going to get any better soon. 

If domestic leagues are stretched out until June / July, I’m sure the CL can be accommodated.

52 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

ES3U23pUMAUcQYG.jpeg

It’s infinitely better than the absurd idea of voiding the season. I wonder what would happen if a club’s players got infected though? I know Arsenal postponed because some of their players had to self-isolate, but there’s only so far you could stretch that sort of thing. Once it goes behind closed doors, I think the only reasonable solution would be to count games during the periods unavailability as 3-0 walkovers for the opposition.

7 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Times are apparently reporting that games will be going behind closed doors once the UK hits 500 confirmed cases, which is likely to be hit tomorrow. 

A behind closed doors Goodison derby then? 

They’ve hired Dame Judy and Rocky to add background voices.

You are all from Norway, Norway is say. I played Juliette in Bergen and the place was full of Liverpool jerseys!

Eh like err you is all merrderrers and like you’re goal tender ain’t nothing like me in Escape to Victory.......Adriiiiian!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The Times are apparently reporting that games will be going behind closed doors once the UK hits 500 confirmed cases, which is likely to be hit tomorrow. 

Sounds arbitrary. 

Why close down sport (effectively) but leave open schools, London Underground etc?   There should have to be serious justification for playing behind closed doors, football especially is nothing without supporters.  Guardiola is full of shit but he's right when he says it's more appropriate to suspend the season, the european leagues and Uefa  need to be coming together to decide on a plan if governments decide matches should be played behind closed doors.