You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I think it’s be a pretty fucked up world that would risk a global health catastrophe just because some super rich clubs might miss out on champions league tv deals.

So business as usual 

Well there's already unrestricted travel and people going on holidays so let's not pin all society's blame on clubs.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

To be honest mate, I think that horse has bolted regarding stopping people travelling to limit the spread.

I agree. My solution would be all the premier league big clubs ganging up on Man City and saying they were to blame for the virus

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This. People are fucking cunts. Selfish thick stupid cunts. 

The shops (loads are still open anyway) close on Christmas day for one fucking day but you try getting a loaf or a pint of milk on Christmas Eve. No chance because Joyce has bought the shops supply "just incase" the fucking pickle-head. 

Yep, pretty much. To give you an idea, I work in a food and alternative milk company. If we are promoting a sale for 1 or 2 products through one of the major supermarkets, there'll be several weeks notice to give us time to adjust schedules, supplies etc to meet the targets. This can see an increase of 25% for those products over a fortnight. 

We just got given an updated product request with an increase of 40% of all 40-something products for next week. Needless to say, it's an impossible task, but they're basically telling us to clear out all available stock to them yesterday, in response to the type of panic from people like you just mentioned. Hysterical fannies. 

23 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Even if all the matches start being played behind locked doors, what happens if one or more teams get infected or quarantined?

I think the only reasonable way to work it would be if the affected team(s)’ fixtures are forfeited during the quarantine period and awarded as 3-0 wins for the opposition.

Speculating and joking aside we need some sort of statement from the football league as to what happens if the Government bans sporting events. I don't see playing behind closed doors is likely nor can the season just be voided .

I suppose the tables at the point when any ban comes into effect have to stand.

This will become a worry soon. Fucking Ludogorets players travelling to the San Siro stadium with face masks on. Its all becoming a bit hysterical; some more reported cases in the UK and all bets are off. Got to get this wrapped up in the coming weeks. Bomb out the Cup and get this wrapped up in the next 3 weeks.

5 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Even if all the matches start being played behind locked doors, what happens if one or more teams get infected or quarantined?

We arrange a special Bitter Cup for City and Everton, fill Wembley with their fans (and get Wolves fans to take any empty seats), put both teams on the pitch, then send in the Typhoid Marys.

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

This. People are fucking cunts. Selfish thick stupid cunts. 

The shops (loads are still open anyway) close on Christmas day for one fucking day but you try getting a loaf or a pint of milk on Christmas Eve. No chance because Joyce has bought the shops supply "just incase" the fucking pickle-head. 

People are selfish cunts. It always makes me mad in zombie movies when they have a perfectly safe place where they would have been fine but some fucking quilt smuggles in someone who's been infected and it all turns to shit.

I've been dying to have that rant for years. The opportunity just hasn't come up before. Cheers fella.

• Upvote 1