You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And the 2019 financial results are in.

dockers_strike

14 minutes ago, dandyman said:

When do UEFA pay the CL money??

surely they won’t have paid us as winners before the end of may??

some of the TV and prize money from no.6 would be in this years account if so

Correct. Accounting period upto 31 May. CL Final 1st June so the 'winners' money will be in this years current accounting period.

9 hours ago, R BENO said:

Imagine what the next round of Accounts are gonna show, seeing as we spent the square root of nothing on new players, rather than the 220million quoted last FY.

Well, some of that £220m will be an increase in wages for the 11 players who had renegotiated contracts. That will be the same in the next accounts.

As for the transfer fees, they get smoothed out in the accounts via amortisation, which will also be the same in the next set of accounts.

So it may sound strange, but it won't make as big a difference as it sounds.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

I'm not sure individuals hold shares in LFC and the profits would logically be shown in FSG's books as the holding company and any dividends paid to their shareholders.  

The shareholders of FSG may be getting a dividend, but the cash they use for it, if they do, has not come from the club. Up to the last set of accounts anyway

4 hours ago, dandyman said:

When do UEFA pay the CL money??

surely they won’t have paid us as winners before the end of may??

some of the TV and prize money from no.6 would be in this years account if so

In terms of the cash, I believe they pay prize money quarterly.

In terms of revenues, I think they would have booked all the guaranteed revenues up to 31st May, and if that's the case, the majority will be in the figures released already.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Woolster said:

The shareholders of FSG may be getting a dividend, but the cash they use for it, if they do, has not come from the club. Up to the last set of accounts anyway

FSG may well have left the clubs profits on their books but you can be sure they will be charging the club hefty management fees and high interest on any of their funds on the clubs books . They will get their pound of flesh be in no doubt. 

4 hours ago, magicrat said:

FSG may well have left the clubs profits on their books but you can be sure they will be charging the club hefty management fees and high interest on any of their funds on the clubs books . They will get their pound of flesh be in no doubt. 

All the audited accounts to date show that is not the case but still this bullshit view persists. The loan for the Main Stand is below market. Kirkby is being funded by the club itself. As far as Im aware, the intention is the ARE development will be funded by the club as well and no loan facility is currently envisaged.

Directly employed FSG employees are paid a wedge, I think Mike Gordon is the highest earner outside of the playing and managerial staff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Unless FSG are secretly and fraudulently skimming money then they are taking next to nothing out of the club. They are banking their return by increasing the value of the club and sooner or later they will cash out massively  by either selling the club for a big multiple of what they put into it or by selling down a part share of the club for a proportionate price. 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

All the audited accounts to date show that is not the case but still this bullshit view persists. The loan for the Main Stand is below market. Kirkby is being funded by the club itself. As far as Im aware, the intention is the ARE development will be funded by the club as well and no loan facility is currently envisaged.

Directly employed FSG employees are paid a wedge, I think Mike Gordon is the highest earner outside of the playing and managerial staff.

Its perfectly normal for parent companies to charge their satellites management charges and also interest on their capital invested shown in the balance sheet. I'm not talking about 3rd party loans. Don't see why FSG would be different.  I confess I haven't gone through the accounts and to my knowledge there is no detailed balance sheet available to us. My point is that without full details it's reasonable to assume FSG are doing what other parents companies do . Not bullshit views.

On 28/02/2020 at 17:26, magicrat said:

Its perfectly normal for parent companies to charge their satellites management charges and also interest on their capital invested shown in the balance sheet. I'm not talking about 3rd party loans. Don't see why FSG would be different.  I confess I haven't gone through the accounts and to my knowledge there is no detailed balance sheet available to us. My point is that without full details it's reasonable to assume FSG are doing what other parents companies do . Not bullshit views.

The latest accounts are now available to view here

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history

In this set of accounts, there are £51m of administration costs which they do not break down what makes up those costs, so it is possible that they could put management charges in there, and we would not know about it. However, this goes against  the other evidence of them trying to keep cash within the club and to reinvest all earnings back to into the club.

Again, they have not taken out a dividend. Not only that, but the loan for the Main Stand which @dockers_strike strike mentioned, previously they were charging us interest on that as they had borrowed the money themselves and were charging us the same rate (2.44%), that has been transferred to a non-interest baring loan as per page 29 of the accounts. So they are making decisions which keeps cash in the club, so then charging the club for services just seems unlikely to me.

9 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

The latest accounts are now available to view here

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history

In this set of accounts, there are £51m of administration costs which they do not break down what makes up those costs, so it is possible that they could put management charges in there, and we would not know about it. However, this goes against  the other evidence of them trying to keep cash within the club and to reinvest all earnings back to into the club.

Again, they have not taken out a dividend. Not only that, but the loan for the Main Stand which @dockers_strike strike mentioned, previously they were charging us interest on that as they had borrowed the money themselves and were charging us the same rate (2.44%), that has been transferred to a non-interest baring loan as per page 29 of the accounts. So they are making decisions which keeps cash in the club, so then charging the club for services just seems unlikely to me.

Cool. Thanks for this. Interesting to know the Main Stand is now on an interest free loan.

Based on the way the champions league factor in league position and previous success over 10 years we are set to over take Man Utd within 2 years. That is incredible based on where both clubs where in 2010.

13 hours ago, magicrat said:

The player amortisation at 112 m is interesting. Players like Salah and Mane will be written down to zero in the books

On the face of it Liverpool looks very healthy , generating fantastic returns and keeping wages under control

They will still retain a value in the books, everytime they sign a new contract their remaining amortisation cost gets spread over this.