You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And the 2019 financial results are in.

dockers_strike

6 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Official touts are however not being stopped. 

... and the club itself may be viewed as one. What about those hospitality packages? 350 quid for an ordinary ticket and a 3 course meal? Split it up and it's 60 for the ticket and 310 for the meal. No sane person alive would pay 310 for a meal like that. Yet they selll out. Because there's a ticket involved.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure about the current accounts. Previous accounts have shown they havent taken any dividends. As far as Im aware only FSG employees directly employed by the club draw a salary. Neither am I aware of any consultancy fees.

As for the comment about 'genuine fans' getting tickets, if I cant make a game, either my lad uses my seassie or if he cannot make it, I return my seat to the club. Sometimes it doesnt get re sold in past seasons which I find surprising given ticket demand.

It's a scam that buy back scheme. 

7 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

... and the club itself may be viewed as one. What about those hospitality packages? 350 quid for an ordinary ticket and a 3 course meal? Split it up and it's 60 for the ticket and 310 for the meal. No sane person alive would pay 310 for a meal like that. Yet they selll out. Because there's a ticket involved.

When I say 'official touts' I include the club, are those Thomas Cook crazy package deals still a thing, that's just touting. 

Corporate is different of course, but there's a thin line developed on that too. 

4 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

It's a scam that buy back scheme. 

I think they charge too big an admin fee for re selling but I dont see a better way to be honest.

If I let any old person use it, Im on the hook if they get dragged out by a steward or reported for unacceptable chanting etc. At least if I return it to the club and my seat is re sold via the club, Im no longer on the hook for someone acting the dickhead.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I think they charge too big an admin fee for re selling but I dont seea better way to be honest.

If I let any old person use it, Im on the hook if they get dragged out by a steward or reported for unacceptable chanting etc. At least if I return it to the club and my seat is re sold via the club, Im no longer on the hook for someone acting the dickhead.

Using existing technology they could allow a limited number of buy backs. You could have an app or registration system where local fans or those who register as available to be able to have the game placed on their fan card or mobile phone up to an hour before kick off. You get the cash minus a very small fee (Chelsea only charge a very small fee) 

If I remember correctly Liverpool give you about two thirds of your ticket price as a season ticket credit for next year and sell the ticket for full price. Roughly £30 for an adult Kop ticket as a credit.  bastards!

Anyway we're making profit and that's a good thing when we are also fucking brilliant on the pitch. I had three different people asking for spares on my way in the other day, seems our tickets are becoming gold dust.

11 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

Using existing technology they could allow a limited number of buy backs. You could have an app or registration system where local fans or those who register as available to be able to have the game placed on their fan card or mobile phone up to an hour before kick off. You get the cash minus a very small fee (Chelsea only charge a very small fee) 

If I remember correctly Liverpool give you about two thirds of your ticket price as a season ticket credit for next year and sell the ticket for full price. bastards!

Anyway we're making profit and that's a good thing when we are also fucking brilliant on the pitch. I had three different people asking for spares on my way in the other day, seems our tickets are becoming gold dust.

As far as Im aware, that's the process they use for returned seats, isnt it? People either walk up to the window or if members, can go on the ticket exchange to see if any tickets available. Of course the problem's always going to be demand outstrips supply.

The credit you get depends on the category of game but yeah, I think they charge about a 10 quid re sale admin fee! It's a bitch, why not just give people 1\19th of the price of the season ticket back? This season, Im not sure if Bournemouth on 7 March is the last game to get a re sale credit for 2020/21 season and any others goes towards 2021/22. And if you dont renew, you dont get any money even if the club did re sell your seat.

3 hours ago, JustTosh said:

If the club reduced ticket prices by 50% it would reduce match day revenue by app. 24M. That's 4,5% of total income.

If they did Anfield would be packed with more genuine fans, people who now find themselves priced out. The atmosphere at matches would reach new heights, cementing our position as the club with the most passionate fans, which in turn would further increase our status internationally. Wouldn’t surprise me if the 24M spent on reducing ticket prices would be paid for by increased commercial revenue.

So here it is. Do the right thing and invite the fans back home.

Eh how do you figure that one out?

The same people who get tickets today would get tickets then, the only people making money from such a change would be the touts.

I’d like the prices to be lower myself, but we would have the same season ticket holders, and we would have the same members with full credits as we do now if they lowered the prices.

1 hour ago, Code said:

Eh how do you figure that one out?

The same people who get tickets today would get tickets then, the only people making money from such a change would be the touts.

I’d like the prices to be lower myself, but we would have the same season ticket holders, and we would have the same members with full credits as we do now if they lowered the prices.

Our commercial income is a staggering 188M.

The reason for that is simple. It’s the overall popularity of the club world wide. Results are first, that is pivotal. If the team wins/compete for the big prizes popularity increases. But there’s also another issue. People like to support a club that shows passion. Many would feel very good about a club who puts fans first, or at least that’s how it would seem if they gifted it's fans a 50% reduction.

How much income do you think Barca has lost by reject having shirt sponsors and have UNICEF on them instead? It’s a fair bid they actually made money on the decision as increased popularity may have exceeded the income from a shirt sponsor.

If our commercial income could increase an additional 12-15%, that alone would pay for a 50% ticket reduction.

And I don't buy into that tout argument. Touts can be stopped. It's all up to the club. Ticket prices is not the issue. They allready charge the fan 200 quid or more pr. ticket.

3 hours ago, Philtrum said:

When I say 'official touts' I include the club, are those Thomas Cook crazy package deals still a thing, that's just touting. 

Corporate is different of course, but there's a thin line developed on that too. 

There’s a small problem with them at the moment 

Having taken myself out of the ticket scrum as it's too expensive, I am glad that I can now call myself a genuine fan. Fuck those carpetbaggers currently taking all the tickets.

(NB definitions subject to change pending redevelopment of the Anfield Road End and the first 1,400 people on the waiting list being granted season tickets.)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Philtrum said:

My test for a 'genuine fan' is far easier, if they start clapping before the end of YNWA then they should be kicked out and banned. Same with half n half scarf whoppers when we play Premier league teams. 

Haha. made me chuckle. Pet hates of mine too.

5 hours ago, rb14 said:

Can someone sum this up for me please? 

This thread is very easy to masturbate to and if you do, this will be within the rules of FFP and you will not be banned from Europe.

Premier league money goes up about £26m this season, the Nike deal will hopefully make a lot more money than New Balance. Also once the Anfield road end is done it will take matchday revenue over £100m. We've already qualified for the Champions league next season even though its February.

There was talk of Liverpool trying to secure a sponsor for the training ground in Kirkby, plus Melwood was sold for £10m. 

Add to the likely increase in sponsorship deals as well as existing ones being increased/renewed it looks like more money will keep rolling in.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Premier league money goes up about £26m this season, the Nike deal will hopefully make a lot more money than New Balance. Also once the Anfield road end is done it will take matchday revenue over £100m. We've already qualified for the Champions league next season even though its February.

There was talk of Liverpool trying to secure a sponsor for the training ground in Kirkby, plus Melwood was sold for £10m. 

Add to the likely increase in sponsorship deals as well as existing ones being increased/renewed it looks like more money will keep rolling in.

Don’t forget the negative net spend due in the summer. 

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Not sure about the current accounts. Previous accounts have shown they havent taken any dividends. As far as Im aware only FSG employees directly employed by the club draw a salary. Neither am I aware of any consultancy fees.

As for the comment about 'genuine fans' getting tickets, if I cant make a game, either my lad uses my seassie or if he cannot make it, I return my seat to the club. Sometimes it doesnt get re sold in past seasons which I find surprising given ticket demand.

I'm not sure individuals hold shares in LFC and the profits would logically be shown in FSG's books as the holding company and any dividends paid to their shareholders.