You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Flytipping

clockspeed

Don’t get it. Driving through remote countryside and see mattresses at side of road and black bin bags of refuse just thrown out of car windows. So here’s my point why drive miles into the countryside instead of going to the recycling center where it costs nothing to dispose off ? Now I know builders and commercial waste not allowed  but for normal citizens to do this all seems a bit pointless to me. Why take the risk of getting caught does not make. 

Lazy bastards who don't give a fuck about the impact their shitty actions have on anyone else. They probably don't use the tip because they might have to wait and have to lift their arms as well to get it in the containers. All use their small brains to know what goes where. 

Its bad enough seeing scruffs spit out a bit golly on the floor or drop wrappers etc but these lot dropping mattresses in peoples hedges etc are just pure scum. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Everytime I go the tip I always think it must be a nice laid back job working here, just tell people what skip to chuck shit in,  "Yeah wood goes in that one with wood written on it that's filled with wood", have a brew, read a paper, poke inside a skip with a big stick. Chilled. 

They all look like you've pissed on their sofa when you ask them a question. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Everytime I go the tip I always think it must be a nice laid back job working here, just tell people what skip to chuck shit in,  "Yeah wood goes in that one with wood written on it that's filled with wood", have a brew, read a paper, poke inside a skip with a big stick. Chilled. 

If only it were that simple. Some of the skips have no writing on, they have all kinds of shit in them and when you ask someone who works there, they invariably then have to ask someone else who works there.

Just now, Elite said:

They all look like you've pissed on their sofa when you ask them a question. 

They are taking a minute to compute what you said. If it isn't "which skip" then they need to send a signal out. 

Nah most are sound. One of the fellas who often does the entrance at Otterspool tip is funny as fuck. 

I’ve had to get rid of a 3 piece suite and 2 TV sets recently, I only have a one bedroom flat though spacious it was beginning to look like Steptoe’s pad, I put up with it until I was able to get it downstairs for the council to pick it up for about £20.

It was leather and for some reason the local tip wouldn’t take it, anyway I wouldn’t dreamt of dumping it somewhere, that is real scumbag behaviour.

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I’ve had to get rid of a 3 piece suite and 2 TV sets recently, I only have a one bedroom flat though spacious it was beginning to look like Steptoe’s pad, I put up with it until I was able to get it downstairs for the council to pick it up for about £20.

It was leather and for some reason the local tip wouldn’t take it, anyway I wouldn’t dreamt of dumping it somewhere, that is real scumbag behaviour.

Leather suite? Why are you chucking it when it's so easy to get the stains out of them?

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Leather suite? Why are you chucking it when it's so easy to get the stains out of them?

Stains ? Not sure what you mean there.

It was given to me when I moved in , though in fairly good condition it wasn’t exactly what I would choose and not very good to look at or sit on to be honest. 

I meant to say I gave it to an elderly chap who moved next door who was made up with it.

I had another settee , my brother chopped up the two armchairs in dumpable bits to put in the recycling bin so the TVs and settee cost £20 to pick up , not sure why they wouldn’t take leather at the tip or of dumpable is a word ?  I had to put up with them for ages but anything bar fly tipping.

13 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Stick it outside one evening with a "For Sale £20" sign with a phoney phone number underneath. It'll be gone by morning.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, johnsusername said:

A lot of charities do pick ups as well - British Heart Foundation, Age UK etc. And Gumtree / eBay / facebook are always good for flogging stuff you can't be arsed to transport. 

BHF are great, but you need to have the safety tags on the sofas otherwise they won't take them. Neither will the ambulance service, so don't bother threatening the pick up driver. Fucking NHS.