You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neville: Salah sees Liverpool as a stepping stone to Real Madrid or Barcelona

TLW

20 hours ago, magicrat said:

They could want to leave for a multitude of reasons from money to the weather. Klopp may feel he's seen the best from one or two and wants to roll the dice. As I posted earlier I think if Werner signs it's a good indicator of change though not many fans , myself included , want to see any of the front three jump ship.  

Mate, I'm not saying fsg will be pushing to sell anyone, but if you think each player doesn't have a number on his back we would sell at, you're kidding yourself. There's no emotion, Salah, mane or whoever will be no different to any contract he'd buy on the s&p 500. There's always a sell price, always. I'm not sure it would be as low as the 130m mentioned here though. 

Don't want to get into whether or not Barca are a bigger club than us, but Mo would be crazy to go there. They're a fucking disgrace off the pitch at the moment. The situation with effectively sacking Valverde before they'd even asked Xavi if he wanted the job and then settling on Setien was utterly shambolic.

As for signings they have been atrocious for years and without the core players left over from 2015 and before they would be fucked. I'm sure we all know what happened when they signed Coutinho, a player who on paper should have been perfect for them. They got the most promising young centre mid in Europe and haven't got anywhere near the performance level they'd thought out of him. They signed Griezmann in the summer for basically nonsensical reasons, then they signed Martin fucking Braithwaite, a player who couldn't hack it for Boro in the championship, OUTSIDE OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW, to deal with Suarez's injury. Okay well, that might have been an emergency loan type thing right? No, he's on a four and a half year deal.

When Messi, Pique, Alba etc go they will be shit.

I’d say Barca and Liverpool are both on the same rung of the ladder in terms of size. They have an insane following from South America, which means a lot of SA players would leave United or Liverpool for them. We have lots of pull elsewhere. Barca, Liverpool, United. All top tier clubs. Real are top of the tree because the success they’ve had in Europe. 

I think we are probably a better club to play for than Barca in most cases. Ask Coutinho.