You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neville: Salah sees Liverpool as a stepping stone to Real Madrid or Barcelona

TLW

6 hours ago, redinblack62 said:

Neville makes 1+1 = 5. Its all surmising, he doesnt know anything, and more to the point, he never will.

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

I heard he fucked the horse he ruud in on. 

7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Well, whisper it but ferguson regularly moved on one of his star players, whether by choice or player power. I know there's lots of speculation with a few here saying they wouldnt be surprised to see one of the front 3 move on at the end of the season. Im not sure whether that's part of the anti FSG line or whether they think one of Sadio, Mo and Bobby would push for a move.

But I just dont see it. Bobby's the only one of the 3 who Jurgen didnt bring in. I just cannot see any of them stabbing Jurgen in the back and forcing a move at the end of this season when he's made them a World, European and English Champion. Events might prove me wrong or deluded but we'll wait and see.

I think one of them may go. It's nothing to do with my views on fsg. I just think they may fancy something different. For sure they can probably earn a little more elsewhere too, but I think it's perfectly natural for someone who doesn't come from the UK, not to feel bound to it and want to sample life elsewhere. I don't think klopp would see that as stabbing him in the back either. He often talks about his one year contracts with players - providing they were up front with him (and not like how coutinho did it for example), I'm sure he'd be good with it. 

It wouldn't be my choice to sell one of them, but if they (or their family) want something different, well klopp is smart, he'll work it out providing he's not dropped in the shit in the middle of August or something. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think one of them may go. It's nothing to do with my views on fsg. I just think they may fancy something different. For sure they can probably earn a little more elsewhere too, but I think it's perfectly natural for someone who doesn't come from the UK, not to feel bound to it and want to sample life elsewhere. I don't think klopp would see that as stabbing him in the back either. He often talks about his one year contracts with players - providing they were up front with him (and not like how coutinho did it for example), I'm sure he'd be good with it. 

It wouldn't be my choice to sell one of them, but if they (or their family) want something different, well klopp is smart, he'll work it out providing he's not dropped in the shit in the middle of August or something. 

This.

The pressure on players from humble beginings(especially Africans) must be immense and regularly moving clubs or getting better contracts often means the ability to do things considered more important than football,hospitals,schools etc. This does not mean they will go or want to go but it's not unreasonable for outside influences to shape some of their own decisions. This year too,the African Nations change of dates has put enormous pressure on our club as we have three of the highest profile African players in the world playing for three different nations. Logistics may come into play also.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I agree . If we sign Werner it will add to fears one of the strikers will be leaving, 

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Well, whisper it but ferguson regularly moved on one of his star players, whether by choice or player power. I know there's lots of speculation with a few here saying they wouldnt be surprised to see one of the front 3 move on at the end of the season. Im not sure whether that's part of the anti FSG line or whether they think one of Sadio, Mo and Bobby would push for a move.

But I just dont see it. Bobby's the only one of the 3 who Jurgen didnt bring in. I just cannot see any of them stabbing Jurgen in the back and forcing a move at the end of this season when he's made them a World, European and English Champion. Events might prove me wrong or deluded but we'll wait and see.

Should  one of the front three move away, it would be more to go with FSG wanting to cash in on, wouldn’t it ?

6 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Should  one of the front three move away, it would be more to go with FSG wanting to cash in on, wouldn’t it ?

The front three will be written down to nothing on the balance sheet by now. I suspect the decisions whether or not to sell rests largely with Klopp and he will assess whether the players are still as motivated but crucially can he get the right replacements. I doubt FSG will force his hand .

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The front three will be written down to nothing on the balance sheet by now. I suspect the decisions whether or not to sell rests largely with Klopp and he will assess whether the players are still as motivated but crucially can he get the right replacements. I doubt FSG will force his hand .

Hope you’re right. If you are, they will stay, why would they leave. It’s a big mess in Spain and I’ve never heard one of them has been dreaming to go to Real or Barca. 

2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Hope you’re right. If you are, they will stay, why would they leave. It’s a big mess in Spain and I’ve never heard one of them has been dreaming to go to Real or Barca. 

They could want to leave for a multitude of reasons from money to the weather. Klopp may feel he's seen the best from one or two and wants to roll the dice. As I posted earlier I think if Werner signs it's a good indicator of change though not many fans , myself included , want to see any of the front three jump ship.  

• Upvote 1

Carra got this right for once, we have some deluded people following us. Why on earth would anyone let their top scorer three seasons in a row and the holder of all kinds of records go?

Salah is simply unreal when it comes to scoring and creating goals, and on top of that he’s almost always availible.

The importance of the last bit seems to be overlooked by most for some funny reason.

17/18 season:

PL: 34+2 games - 32 goals - 10 assists

CL: 12+1 games - 10 goals - 4 assists

18/19 season:

PL: 37+1 games - 22 goals - 8 assists

CL: 12 games - 5 goals - 2 assists

19/20 season:

PL: 24 games - 15 goals - 6 assists

CL: 7 games - 4 goals - 2 assists

Total:

PL: 95+3 games - 69 goals - 24 assists

CL: 31+1 games - 19 goals - 8 assists

The picture below was from before the game against West Ham, when Salah again came on the scoresheet.

57E53A53-3515-4449-84F5-87DA26F2C197.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone can afford him so it won't happen. Don't really care if he or anyone else wants to go. Unlike the others who have gone in the past, they have served their purpose and at the end of the season they will have won the two biggest trophies we can win. 

5 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

I don't think anyone can afford him so it won't happen. Don't really care if he or anyone else wants to go. Unlike the others who have gone in the past, they have served their purpose and at the end of the season they will have won the two biggest trophies we can win. 

I think if we lost Allison and VVD we'd never get that level back.

3 minutes ago, RobbieOR said:

Yeah I agree but I'd find it hard to be annoyed at them going in the way I have been with others. 

Yep, I agree. Once the players have won us a couple of league titles and maybe another CL, while I'd be gutted to see them move on, Id be easier with it as they helped bring us that success. It's not like coutinho who fucked off because he thought he was going to win La Liga and CL titles whereas he had no chance here of doing that.

Mind Im not talking about an exodus of 3 or 4 players leaving at the same time but as Ive said elsewhere, ferguson regularly moved on a star player every season or so. Jurgen can be incredibly loyal to his players but I think when you build long term success, you also have to be ruthless, for want of a better word.

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Yep, I agree. Once the players have won us a couple of league titles and maybe another CL, while I'd be gutted to see them move on, Id be easier with it as they helped bring us that success. It's not like coutinho who fucked off because he thought he was going to win La Liga and CL titles whereas he had no chance here of doing that.

Mind Im not talking about an exodus of 3 or 4 players leaving at the same time but as Ive said elsewhere, ferguson regularly moved on a star player every season or so. Jurgen can be incredibly loyal to his players but I think when you build long term success, you also have to be ruthless, for want of a better word.

If anyone can win a La Liga with Liverpool its Jurgen.

Have a little faith. 

• Upvote 1

Even if you take all the stats out of it I think Salah’s general all round play is brilliant and has got better in his time here.  He’s passing the ball a lot more in and around the box now but people are still moaning, probably based off that particularly greedy period he had.  If he’s on his left foot and in the box or has got one man to beat people need to shut the fuck up and let him get a shot off.  Those moments were he’s got no chance on his right or 4 players to beat and him still trying it just don’t happen any more.  His goal record speaks for itself and unlike some other clubs where they have players with good goal records he’s actually winning us trophies with it and not hampering the team.  We’d be absolute crazy to let him go and I think he’d be crazy to leave.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah has been advised he’d be making a huge mistake by ditching Anfield for a transfer to Real Madrid this summer.

Reports in Spain this week have claimed Real Madrid are getting cold feet at the potential costs involved in signing No 1 target Kylian Mbappe from PSG and will instead turn to Salah as a cheaper alternative this summer.

As per Spanish outlet El Desmarque, Real are prepared to spend €150million to sign the Egyptian and, expecting his wages to also be far inferior to Mbappe, he is fast emerging as Los Blancos’ preferred option.

Furthermore, the Spanish outlet claims they will make official contact for Salah once they have offloaded Gareth Bale, with the Welshman’s reported £600,000 a week package proving a problematic issue for potential suitors.

However, amid reports Salah is tempted to try his luck in LaLiga, his close friend Mohamed Elneny has warned the Liverpool forward that a switch to the Bernabeu would be a ‘massive mistake.

Salah and Elneny are teammates in the Egyptian national team and they moved to Swiss side Basel together.

And, speaking to Bein Sports Turkey [via Sport Witness], Elneny said: “For me, he’s currently playing for one of best the teams in the world. He’s a superstar at Liverpool.

“If I were him, I’d stay at Liverpool. You see Eden Hazard is struggling at Real after he moved from Chelsea.

“Of course, Real Madrid is bigger than Liverpool, Barcelona is bigger than Liverpool. But he’s very settled at his current club and this Liverpool team is up there with the best. I don’t know what he thinks inside but I would definitely stay at Liverpool.”

Elneny, who is currently on loan at Besiktas from Arsenal, added: “Liverpool fans love him. He’s scoring goals. He’s on course to become a Liverpool great and I think that’s perfect.”

Salah has won the Champions League with Liverpool last season and looks a sure bet to claim Premier League glory this season. Yet there is a percentage of Liverpool supporters who, in the eyes of Jamie Carragher, under-appreciate the Egyptian and wouldn’t mind too much if he left for a record fee.

“I think Mo Salah is seen as world class by those on the outside but with Liverpool fans I think he is a little bit underappreciated.

“Certainly going from that first season to what he is doing now, there has been a bit of a dip. But he was never going to score another 47 goals in a season.

“Speaking to Liverpool fans and looking at social media, I think Liverpool have got six world-class players. I think they have the goalkeeper, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Virgil van Dijk, Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Salah.

“I think if you asked Liverpool fans whether they would take big money for the other five, they would all say no, no matter what the money.

“There is no way they would sell Alisson or Van Dijk. But if you offered them £130m for Salah, they would think about it. That is why I say he is underappreciated.”

15 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Real are a bigger club than Liverpool? I will concede that due to being bankrolled by a government and their European pedigree but Barca a bigger club than us? Get to fuck.

But they have a big massive concrete bowl of a ground, have won 5 european cups and think they invented football...

Be interesting to see how they cope once Messi leaves or declines fast.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

But they have a big massive concrete bowl of a ground, have won 5 european cups and think they invented football...

Be interesting to see how they cope once Messi leaves or declines fast.

I used to have time for Barca due to their anti fascist history but they've become just as big cunts as Real over the past decade or so.