You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Neville: Salah sees Liverpool as a stepping stone to Real Madrid or Barcelona

TLW

55 minutes ago, Philtrum said:

ed1244b11aa24916b805601aada72783_18.jpg&

Yep Mo loves those fucking bastards. 

Just look at the way that fucking cunt has Mo's arm deliberately trapped in the fall to the ground - with the sole intention to injure.

Scum.

How no action was taken post-match for this - and the Karius thing - is mind fucking boggling.

• Upvote 1

I can't get excited about Neville's opinion on Salah leaving. It could well happen as it could with Mane or Firmino.

Be surprised if we don't see Werner coming in for one of them during the summer if I'm honest.

I don't need Ratboy trying to be controversial and posturing to explain the obvious.

Well 18 months ago, Mo had only been here about 12 months so, I dont see how he thinks Mo was looking to move on back then. But, it's a good diversionary tactic when your own club is a complete basket case on and off the field to talk up potential moves out of a club that looks set to be at the top of the English game for the next 3 to 5 years, eh?

Will he move? I dont know but it seems to me, Mo is under pressure to consider a move to Real by just about everyone of Egyptian decent as it would be a national honour. We've had his international manager, ex and current Egyptian international players et al, saying he 'needs' to go to Real.

We've got some other no mark called mcgarry claiming Bayern have spoken to Bobby about returning to the Bundesliga. Anyone see a pattern? Strange there's been little talk of city players moving on until this recent UEFA ban!

4 hours ago, skaro said:

Just look at the way that fucking cunt has Mo's arm deliberately trapped in the fall to the ground - with the sole intention to injure.

Scum.

How no action was taken post-match for this - and the Karius thing - is mind fucking boggling.

Spot on. There is shithousery then their is plain brutal cheating. Ramos is king of both. That was unreal and UEFA didn’t do fuck all. Mind you I’m sure VAR wouldn’t see anything wrong with it either. Expect to see similar when we play Atletico in a few weeks. An early goal for us is vital because they will be at it from kick off. If we make them have to actually play football we should go through. Can see it getting toxic very quickly. 

The thing that bothers me the most is they savour it after the game as if winning by cheating is the way to do it. 

I struggle to think of a top class player (I’m not including dicks like Barton etc obviously) who is or ever has been as much of a snidey shitbag as Ramos. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Spot on. There is shithousery then their is plain brutal cheating. Ramos is king of both. That was unreal and UEFA didn’t do fuck all. Mind you I’m sure VAR wouldn’t see anything wrong with it either. Expect to see similar when we play Atletico in a few weeks. An early goal for us is vital because they will be at it from kick off. If we make them have to actually play football we should go through. Can see it getting toxic very quickly. 

The thing that bothers me the most is they savour it after the game as if winning by cheating is the way to do it. 

I struggle to think of a top class player (I’m not including dicks like Barton etc obviously) who is or ever has been as much of a snidey shitbag as Ramos. 

Id absolutely piss my pants laughing if Ramos does a number on a city player tonight that sees them miss the rest of the season. I think ramos is an absolute twat, 23 career red cards isnt it?

But, the fume coming from the city fanboys if Ramos does get one of their players removed from the game after their comments about Mo in Kiev would be a cold dish of revenge for me.

Yeah, I know it's not good wanting someone gets injured but that's how I see it.

• Upvote 1

It's such a non-point from Neville. Any player can decide to leave any club at any time for any particular reason. It's the nature of football and the transfer market. I don't think any Liverpool fan who is old enough to understand this thinks that because we're so good, Liverpool is automatically the apex of his career and there is nowhere else he could want to go. He's here right now and we're winning stuff, that's the important thing, and if he decides to go, the club will keep existing.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, clockspeed said:

I agree said in west ham thread that I don't get the commentary. Yeah he can be hot or cold but never hides and tries to be the difference. Now I haven't seen his "stat" circle (other thread) but I can say he is safely in the world class thread.

This isn't an original point, but his first season with us ruined his perception. In the history of football, only Messi and Ronaldo consistently have seasons like that one. The reasonable view on him is that he does the most important stuff (score and assist) at a world class level but he is flawed in a couple of ways, and one of those is that sometimes it looks like he cares about his stats a bit too much and fans see that.

That's why he maybe isn't as beloved as Firmino or Mané and therefore people make the jump that the fans don't appreciate him, which in general is absolutely not true.

Neville's comments aside, winning at least one European Cup and playing a major part in bringing home the first title in thirty years might be seen by some players as the right time to move on to a new challenge. If Mo or anybody else decides that's the case, at least we won't get absolutely rinsed like we did for McManaman, Owen or Suarez, and we can also be fairly confident that we'll get the right replacement in.

• Upvote 1

Never understand why people listen to Gary Neville, the guy spouts the most obvious agreeable tripe. Monday night he entertained the idea that Aubamayeng is now world class....the whole family are busy bastards that crave recognition. I salute them for making it in football...after that...I'd rather listen to Elton Johns 'Candle in the Wind' on endless repeat!

58 minutes ago, Nolongerathletic said:

Never understand why people listen to Gary Neville, the guy spouts the most obvious agreeable tripe. Monday night he entertained the idea that Aubamayeng is now world class....the whole family are busy bastards that crave recognition. I salute them for making it in football...after that...I'd rather listen to Elton Johns 'Candle in the Wind' on endless repeat!

All the papers had to say...

Was that Gary and Phil were found, in the bath... in the nude.... 

• Upvote 3

Well, whisper it but ferguson regularly moved on one of his star players, whether by choice or player power. I know there's lots of speculation with a few here saying they wouldnt be surprised to see one of the front 3 move on at the end of the season. Im not sure whether that's part of the anti FSG line or whether they think one of Sadio, Mo and Bobby would push for a move.

But I just dont see it. Bobby's the only one of the 3 who Jurgen didnt bring in. I just cannot see any of them stabbing Jurgen in the back and forcing a move at the end of this season when he's made them a World, European and English Champion. Events might prove me wrong or deluded but we'll wait and see.