You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) Premier League 29/02/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Code said:

Whats that got to do with it?

Nothing. Except for the fact that all the results I listed were after January 2018 and I wasn't sure if that Spurs result was before or after January 2018. I asked a question and it got answered.

I want us to fuck this game management approach on the head now and start playing to our players strengths.

Playing this way just nullifies Mane, Firmino and Salah as when they receive the ball they always have several opposition players around them. We are far too slow in possession and take far too many touches. We don't have anyone who can really hit the target from outside the box on a regular basis so teams just sit off in two banks.

Ive also noticed how we don't tend to get many penalties anymore - mainly because our attack consists of slow possession, playing it out wide and crossing the ball, rather than attacking the box at pace.

These players are at their best when the intensity levels are up, Mane, Firmino and Salah all play on instinct, so does Keita and Ox and dare i say Minamino.

Its time for the boss to change things up, its been so management based we've started to go backwards, we've forgotten how to attack.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I want us to fuck this game management approach on the head now and start playing to our players strengths.

Playing this way just nullifies Mane, Firmino and Salah as when they receive the ball they always have several opposition players around them. We are far too slow in possession and take far too many touches. We don't have anyone who can really hit the target from outside the box on a regular basis so teams just sit off in two banks.

Ive also noticed how we don't tend to get many penalties anymore - mainly because our attack consists of slow possession, playing it out wide and crossing the ball, rather than attacking the box at pace.

These players are at their best when the intensity levels are up, Mane, Firmino and Salah all play on instinct, so does Keita and Ox and dare i say Minamino.

Its time for the boss to change things up, its been so management based we've started to go backwards, we've forgotten how to attack.

That game management has got us to where we are, 22 points in front and 1 league defeat in 28 games. Heavens sake, one fucking league defeat and people want it all changing.

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

That game management has got us to where we are, 22 points in front and 1 league defeat in 28 games. Heavens sake, one fucking league defeat and people want it all changing.

Whats wrong with switching it up? Whilst its got us 22pts clear, many games we have scraped through.

Why can't we start fast, score, then manage the game, instead of starting slow?

It may only be one defeat but the performances have been ropey for a long while, lets hope this isn't a slump.

We're always "better" in the second half of the season under Klopp as the first half tends towards building up our energy stores, with the shackles off after Christmas.  This season hasn't quite worked out that way as we can't be "better" results wise, and there's an over-protective of results mentality crept in which is understandable.  Fingers crossed we can turn it back on, but I do think we've got a few more bad performances in us first and just hoping we can scrape past Atletico Madrid in the meantime. 

49 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Nothing. Except for the fact that all the results I listed were after January 2018 and I wasn't sure if that Spurs result was before or after January 2018. I asked a question and it got answered.

It was a list of all the 10 worst games under Klopp, based on a stats criteria.

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Because when things go wrong and teams are exposed in the manner we were, a blueprint starts to come out about what to do against them. I wouldn't call what we did against Watford "game management", by the way. I'd call it "sleepwalking". 

20 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Whats wrong with switching it up? Whilst its got us 22pts clear, many games we have scraped through.

Why can't we start fast, score, then manage the game, instead of starting slow?

It may only be one defeat but the performances have been ropey for a long while, lets hope this isn't a slump.

Because the game yesterday wasnt lost due to game management. We did anything but manage the game. We lost yesterday because poor form throughout the team finally caught up with us. Poor form didnt just happen yesterday or since the winter break. We've had varying degrees of poor form since around Christmas.

We managed to get wins despite not playing well against Sheff United on 2 Jan, we struggled for large parts against Southampton before going on to win 4-0, we werent very good at Norwich etc, etc.

It's a good shout someone made that being protective of the run might have played a part but which run, the 18 consecutive wins or 44 undefeated?

Yes, we need to hope it isnt a long bad patch which is why I think Jurgen has to play a reasonably strong side in the Cup. Atletico is looming and we need to be back on our game for that and Bournemouth.

Terrible performance. Maybe, it's the kick in the arse that we needed though because we haven't been as convincing recently. I think a result like that was coming. Dejsy is always liable to put in a shite performance and I can't understand why Joel wasn't playing, but it was an all round shite performance and he wasn't the only one. 

What I love is you could see how pissed off the lads were. I think we will kick on big time now. 

Hopefully starting at chelsea because i want an FA Cup.

19 hours ago, Anubis said:

But only because the forward line played well. Lovren has fuck all to do with the way the forward line played, and we’ve won the other PL games Lovren has played, so maybe we could just acknowledge the team as a whole had an off day. But no, let’s heap it on one guy. 

He was not the only one who didn't perform but our forward line has plenty of credit in the bank to have a bad game or too. Lovren is a common denominator for a few of our worst defensive displays over the past 3 or 4 seasons. He was almost transferred a couple of months ago so that should show his position in our central defensive pecking order.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Lovren’s first start since Shrewsbury away, another game were no one covered themselves in glory.

Genuine question. Who was quite happy when they heard Lovren was playing, and who feared the worst. Before the game thoughts, not after?

Before the game I wasn't arsed. 

33 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Lovren’s first start since Shrewsbury away, another game were no one covered themselves in glory.

Genuine question. Who was quite happy when they heard Lovren was playing, and who feared the worst. Before the game thoughts, not after?

I was shitting myself both before and after. After, in the fear he will play again in the future.

50 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

As soon as I saw that Lovren was starting I sacrificed a baby goat. No seriously I moaned straight away. 

58 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Before the game I thought that the XI players who started should have been good enough to dispense with relegation-bound dogshit like Watford. 

I still do.