You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (A) Premier League 29/02/2020 - 17:30

Bjornebye

Well that was a fucking shit end to a fucking shit week.

Lovren needs to be fucked off immediately. He’s shite. 

they wanted it more than us all over the pitch, and almost everyone of ours was way below par.

absolutely clear as day how much we missed Hendo in the middle bit I’m not sure it would’ve made enough difference having him there.

fuck off

i watched it with my old man so at least I had that. Now I’m home to an empty house til my missus gets off work in half an hour, so I’m gonna drunk rum and out loud music in.

fuck absolutely fucking all of you you ducking arseholes.

9 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I've wanted to get something something off my chest for ages and now is as good a time as any: we need someone who shows for the ball between the lines. 

When we attack and they are in position you know its going down the wing most of the time. 

That's one of the reasons I like Shaq - he did that. Its also why I was so excited about Minamino and continue to have some faith in Keita. We really need someone to do that and when we don't it really shows. 

Agreed. If there is one glaring thing this team lacks, it's technical ability in tight spaces. Especially in the attacking third. In that regard, I suppose Havertz is someone who would add to that, but it's looking likely we'll double down on someone like Werner instead. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He unsettles the team.

He’s shite. 

gow about you defend the fucking ball rather than try and wrestle a player who is shite at everything other than wrestling players.

fucking moron.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, dave u said:

Fucking Lovren, coming into the side and making the front three play like absolute fucking turds.

Did I do that right?

Thought the M/F was shite today mate. Watford defended against us easily as all the front three were having to drop deep in search of the ball. Ox and Wij were invisible at times and kept losing the ball or playing nothing/dangerous passes. Fab tried but also made a few glaring mistakes. The front three were quiet, especially by their standards, but after the shift they have put in this season we'll just have to take it on the chin and hope they up their game against Bournemouth. We've started quite lethargic in our last three games, all against teams who have pace up front and defend in numbers hoping to counter with said pace. I'm not usually one to get on Lovren's back, but he's just not very good against physical players, he just sells himself time and time again. Cuddling Deeney who either gladly took the foul or knew if the ball went beyond him that Lovren would be out of the game in areas he should be covering. 

Bad day at the office, I'm certain JK will sort that shit out though. No more talk of invincible's so we might as well just go for it now like we did earlier in the season. Maybe's the players had that record playing on their mind and were being overly cautious and conserving energy for the busy end of the season and two cup competitions to play for. Fuck it, let them off the leash and wrap this thing up over our next 4-6 games. 

2 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

He's a really good player. When Pearson came in he switched his position slightly and Watford surged. He got injured & they sank again. First game back today and he does that. Bit of a Zaha with end-product.

Yep, he looked a bit nervous to start with, fluffed a few chances, but Pearson was getting him into the right areas to have the chances. Didn't think he had that finish tonight in him though. Very composed.

Mates with Sadio too. Might be worth booking a lad's beano to Blackpool.

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Deeney''s a class act there talking to Kelly Cates and Digger.. He has Lovren well sussed.

“We scored after a few minutes which settled the nerves and then we dominated. Skrtel went off, he didn’t fancy it, and it was a great victory."

Deeney after the last time they beat us 3-0 in 2015. Contrarily Deeney hates Van Dijk because he's ‘too big, too strong, too quick'. Lovren is in the Skrtel mould; Gomez echoes Van Dijk. Lovren has always been a target for forwards - there's a reason why.

I'll read the full thread later. Just wanted to say that Lovren has that remarkable ability of making everyone around him worse  in addition to being quite disastrously bad at football all by himself. Up there with Tanner and Babb as the worst CB's I've seen play for us.

Not THAT bothered by the result, wd've ridden our luck too often lately. Hopefully we can get our energy levels back and start attacking a bit more explosively again.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, lebron said:

I'll read the full thread later. Just wanted to say that Lovren has that remarkable ability of making everyone around him worse  in addition to being quite disastrously bad at football all by himself. Up there with Tanner and Babb as the worst CB's I've seen play for us.

Not THAT bothered by the result, wd've ridden our luck too often lately. Hopefully we can get our energy levels back and start attacking a bit more explosively again.

Cowardly post. Lucky I’m out of neg. 

• Downvote 7

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

To clarify, I thought Lovren was garbage. I just don't buy into the narrative that everyone was shit because of him.

They were shit because they were shit.

But, but, but...  ...won’t you think of the FF Escape Goat.